Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

Hello,

version 1.03 includes a fix of the runway.bgl and the elevation in the FSX version and in FS9 version a missing road and a new harden.bgl.

There are also PDF charts included now.

Guenter would appreciated if you could give in a more detailed way the difference we can expect also regarding the night light performance hit?

Still need the file from Oliver?

Cheers,

André

I am getting out of memory and .dll crashes when flying at or near EHAM. Using FSX w Acceleration. Win7 64bit, 6gb ram

I'm getting the same error, on FSX WIN 7 32bit. I don´t have any other scenery on the area.

Jorge

Guenter would appreciated if you could give in a more detailed way the difference we can expect also regarding the night light performance hit?

Still need the file from Oliver?

Cheers,

André

Hello André,

I was lead to believe that the runway.bgl sorted this out.

Hello;

I have a question about the positioning of the aircraft at the gates,it seems that some times when I select an gate for an Heavy,and start the flight ,all the airplanes at that terminal,are all sticking in the terminal,and at the rest of the terminals,the planes are parked normally,I was wondering if any one else has had this happen.I've tried turning down the AI traffic as well,and this still is happening.

Mark

Shaun, thank you for the update!

I am running version 1.03 now and out of several flight from EHAM there are still a few places around the airport with flickering textures (the entrance to S ramp - in front of Martinair hangar).

Is there further development and shall we expect a final service pack (with official anouncement)?

Thank you

<br />Shaun, thank you for the update!<br />

<br />

I am running version 1.03 now and out of several flight from EHAM there are still a few places around the airport with flickering textures (the entrance to S ramp - in front of Martinair hangar).<br />

Is there further development and shall we expect a final service pack (with official anouncement)?<br />

<br />

Thank you<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Hi Shaun,

I also like to know what we can expect for the upcoming patches.

Dear Shaun,

Well, I think the time is ready to ask you to contact aerosoft for refunding the airport schiphol.

I think that a lot of people dont believe that the producer is trustworthy enough to fulfill his obligations.

Its now for month's and we dont hear anything.

The framerates are terrible.

So we could better wait at NL2000 -4.

They were intend to built schiphol also.

Would you be so kind to ask aerosoft board that those are agree could be refund?

doeke

Hello;

I have a question about the positioning of the aircraft at the gates,it seems that some times when I select an gate for an Heavy,and start the flight ,all the airplanes at that terminal,are all sticking in the terminal,and at the rest of the terminals,the planes are parked normally,I was wondering if any one else has had this happen.I've tried turning down the AI traffic as well,and this still is happening.

Mark

Hello Mark,

Please disable any AI Traffic AFACDS you may have for EHAM as this is a classic symptom of there being one around.

I saw in the Aerosoft shop and on SimMarket that the Boxed version is finally done:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10888&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight

(look, it says: 'In Stock')

And another small question:

I'm using the FSX version of Schiphol together with NL200 v4.0. NL200 doesn't have any seasonal textures and Schiphol X does have them. It's looks very weird. Which files are responsible for the seasonal satellite images for Schiphol X? Maybe I can replace the Fall, Spring, and Winter files with the Summer files, then I would always have the Summer textures.

I don't recall the developer posted anything on this forum. Better not, because he would probably be flamed.

I'm seriously doubting if I should ever buy this "unfinished work".

Jon

To several complaining people:

Why are people so complaining?

I own the FSX since it came out and I love it. No bugs, no CTD's, no frame-rate-dropping-runway-lights (because I only have SP1 & SP2, no accl.)

Off course there are a few little texture bugs, but you can not say this scenery is unusable or unfinished work!

A couple of men worked really hard to deliver a nice scenery of an airport that was forgotten in FSX and needed an update in FS9. It's quite offensive and impolite to say that kind of stuff. Every scenery has pro's and con's, nice features and bugs. But to say it's unusable of unfinished it is not very respectful to say.

Maybe you should appreciate the effort that some people put into this! (I apologize if I sound rude or impolite)

Just my 3 cent's

Now some critics to the developer: Cornel should visit this forum more often. Why doesn't he?

Why are people so complaining?

Only the fact that this posting already has 24 pages indicates that the EHAM scenery has some flaws (= understatement)

Just read all pages/messages and you find out what is wrong with this scenery (at least for FS9)

Although there are some minor issues still and most importantly the communication has been unprofessional (too many releases, not enough support personnel...), the product works fine for me and I'm not having any problems with it.

So while I understand the need to vent about certain things, I do not understand talk about "unfinished work", let alone refunds.

:rolleyes:

Although there are some minor issues still and most importantly the communication has been unprofessional (too many releases, not enough support personnel...), the product works fine for me and I'm not having any problems with it.

So while I understand the need to vent about certain things, I do not understand talk about "unfinished work", let alone refunds.

:rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean with too many releases but I agree that the scenery can be used although is not up to Aerosoft standard. I'm one of the FS9-dino's and bought the scenery on the 17th of February. With the help of Oliver, who is not even part of the development team, the biggest two bugs were solved.

I fully accept the release strategy of Aerosoft to first release the FS9 version and use the help of customers to identify any bugs before releasing the FSX version. When the FSX-version was released we were told that the issue-list for FS9 would be merged with the FSX issue-list and that we would get a SP before the box-version would be released. Now the box-version is for sale and we are still waiting for the promised SP without knowing what is accepted as an issue and what will be fixed.

If you're a regular visitor of the support forums you know the support from Aerosoft is one of the best in this industry and I'm sure they are not happy with the support for this scenery. I'm waiting now for 6 months on getting this scenery up to standard but as a dino 6 months is nothing ^_^ ,

Regards,

Rob

Not sure what you mean with too many releases

Some time ago, Aerosoft wouldn't have released EHAM, DreamFactoryStudio would have. And Aerosoft wouldn't have released LEBL, Sim-Wings would have. It all happens under the umbrella of Aerosoft now and support has shifted from the respective developers to AS. Have you taken a look recently at either developer's site and forums? Not much going on there. I'm sure the current agreement has advantages for both parties, but there's also a third party, the users, the customers...

If I had asked about what's included in so-and-so update on the DFS or SW forums when they were still actively being used, I would've gotten an answer very quickly, within a day or two if not on the same day. Though it would probably have been made clear in a forum post in the first place. Because in all probability the person putting the installer together = the developer = the forum admin. Now there are many more people involved and you can see where that leads two, a readme's history section with just numbers. And I have to come here to ask a question, it takes two weeks to get an answer, and still there's much unclear.

Add to that several releases in rapid succession, LFPO, LEBL, EDDM, etc... There's just one guy answering questions as far as I can see in dealing with AS, who had PC issues to boot and who in turn has to get in contact with others because he doesn't have all the answers either. I'm sure some relationships between devs and AS are efficient, but personally, I liked it better when certain devs were independent from AS...

Like Rob, I am another dino. It's not that we are impatient, it's that we would like to read from someone here at Aerosoft if yes or no there is going to be another update for Schipol. The scenery is undoubtely nice, but the performance issues when you're on approach still need a major fix. I performed not later than today a flight to and from Amsterdam, and the strong hick-ups with with which you're welcomed to the near scenery area is everything but unpleasant. Hickups during departures as well. Hickup meaning: complete stop of the sim for one full second, one full second during which God knows what is being loaded...

In fact, I am pretty sure something is in the owen from the developer(the Ultimate Schipol Service Pack!), all we beg for is a minimum communication from the editor.

Aerosoft has done a great job, i got the boxed version its great!

I do have a small problem using Amsterdam.

When i take a AirCreation Trike i can land and crash buildings (in free flight) as much i like, no errors.

But when i fly from LFPG to EHAM runway 36c whit my PMDG747-400 i land on 36c and turn the last taxiway to the right, as soon as i hit the ground (grass) next to the taxiway i get bumped in the air (fsx thinks all the aerea is water.)

I use windows 7 64bit whit FSX, i did had ultimate terrain europe installed before but i did an uninstall before installing Amsterdam. I have the graphic setup as refered in the manual.

The taxi ways arnt working eigter ( i only tried B28), i did do a small check whit a standard FSX 747 and also whit the pmdg747 and i also tried an other airport where they do work.

Plz help me whit this issues. Thanx

Aerosoft has done a great job, i got the boxed version its great!

I do have a small problem using Amsterdam.

When i take a AirCreation Trike i can land and crash buildings (in free flight) as much i like, no errors.

But when i fly from LFPG to EHAM runway 36c whit my PMDG747-400 i land on 36c and turn the last taxiway to the right, as soon as i hit the ground (grass) next to the taxiway i get bumped in the air (fsx thinks all the aerea is water.)

I use windows 7 64bit whit FSX, i did had ultimate terrain europe installed before but i did an uninstall before installing Amsterdam. I have the graphic setup as refered in the manual.

The taxi ways arnt working eigter ( i only tried B28), i did do a small check whit a standard FSX 747 and also whit the pmdg747 and i also tried an other airport where they do work.

Plz help me whit this issues. Thanx

You might want to check if there are any more EHAM files in your FSX folder seeing as this problem looks like Amsterdam is not installed correctly or there is another scenery that 'overwrites' it.

Greetings,

Shane

So last night I checked the post and finally, Amsterdam Mega X has arrived! So now, an early morning for me installing and reading the manual, following the steps for best performance, it's working ALL fine for me and I think I can say, even better than expected. No problems at all with the scenery itself as I see, I can just taxi normally and fly normally. The only problem is the frame rates that drop quite a bit but I think that's not to blame on the scenery but my computer's processor. Thanks Aerosoft and the charts are very useful too!

@ Doeke, what you're saying is a bit disrepectful seeing as the product does works all fine for me and if they didn't like to help us to make it better, why are there three updates for the FSX version? It is no crap, it's useful and even more than I expected.

For me this is not a Mega Airport. Frames are critical, support is weak (nothing to hear from the developers), easy wishes for more taxiwaysigns just ignored. Charts are a nice gimmick but nothing essential. EDDM is real Mega.