Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

Yesterday I found something weird.

Perhaps others can test this.

I slewed up to around 400 ft ( corner rw 9 / 24 ) and had an overview of the airport on my 3 outside view screens.

The idea was to see the aircraft take off / land and all other vehicles.

( Normally I slew to the active runway and look the aircraft take off )

In the AESlite config I had everything enabled.

After the scenery had been loaded the framerate was 20-25.

Within 2 minutes the framerate started to drop to 0.2 !

Never I had experienced anything like this before with another scenery.

To make a long story short I ended up with re-installing FSX and to my surprise the less scenery I had installed in FSX the better the framerate at Schiphol.

With only Schiphol and MyTraffic ( traffic at 35% ) installed the framerate started to drop also but much slower and aftr 30 minutes the lowest framerate was 14.6.

When 20 more sceneries had been installed the lowest framerate got lower and the dropping time was quicker.

Without EHAM installed the framerate also drops over time , but much less eg 25 to 19.

I tried at Frankfurt, Budapest and Vienna.

When using Schiphol with all AESlite traffic disabled the lowest framerate ( with all my scenery installed ) was 6.6.

I asked an Fs friend of mine who also uses 3 monitors to test this.

He did not have car traffic set in FSX , nor does he use the EHAM AESlite traffic.

However he also uses MyTraffic at 25%.

When started to scenery he had 17.9 fps.

After 15 minutes it was 11.4.

Did anyone of you experienced this too ?

And if you have a multi monitor setup could you try this ?

Attached the idea of overview.

post-10211-032242500 1284617722_thumb.jp

Hello Folks,

Wasn't aware that it had been released, Is there not a Readme with the history!

I will check once my other computer is back up and running.

Any more information Re 1.03? Is this the update????

Andrew

From now on the download-version of Mega Airport Amsterdam contains original and exclusive licensed Lufthansa Airport charts. Customers, who will buy the coming box-version of Amsterdam,can hold the printed charts in their hands.

Found on Aerosoft's main page. I thought maybe that could be it, the mysterious update, but then, I can't find the charts in EHAM's folder...

Unbelievable, that nobody can tell us something about this update.

My readme looks like this:

Mega Airport Amsterdam

30 August 2010

This text holds the information we gathered

after the manual was created.

---------------------------------------

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

- For all support, come to our forum:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/

HISTORY

1.00 release

KNOWN ISSUES:

TIPS:

FREE ACROBAT READER

The manual for the download version is created in

Adobe Acrobat format. You can always get the

latest version from :

www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.

Copyright © 2010 Aerosoft gmbh

All Rights Reserved.

All trademarks and brand names are trademarks

or registered trademarks of the respective owners.

Just relax, guys, and chill B) . It's pretty much obvious that the 1.13 (and not 1.03) version is just the current version we have with the

Lufthansa charts added. I'm sure it's NOT the update we're all waiting for, otherwise Aerosoft would have annouced it on the main page: that same

main page only refers to the added Lufthansa charts, nothing about the update of the scenery itself.

It's a bit weird that Shaun wasnt aware about the whole thing though, even if he'd been offline recently due to some PC issues.

Just relax, guys, and chill B) . It's pretty much obvious that the 1.13 (and not 1.03) version is just the current version we have with the Lufthansa charts added.

As I said above, I don't see any charts... just the manual, no charts in there.

Very NON Aerosoft approach to the whole Mega Airport Schipol X thing.

I purchased the package about 2 months ago and yet there is no show for an official update...

In the meantime I can see the other airports clients are being taken care nicely quick, and this including the ultra-fast A320 X update...

Did I chose the wrong product?....

• Upvote 1

As I said above, I don't see any charts... just the manual, no charts in there.

I have the Luftansa Charts....

Look at your account where you download and buy the scenery. Download and install again...

Hello;

First,I would like to say that this is an impressive job,on the airport,but I found this line,it has happened before with another companies scenery add-on,I've looked through the forum,but didn't see anything about it,just might have missed it.Enclosed is an image,with the black line,the line goes through the KLM 767,and upward.

Mark

Windows 7

64bit,Fsx Acc.

Sp2,

12gbram

post-26378-072882600 1284948120_thumb.pn

I have the Luftansa Charts....

Look at your account where you download and buy the scenery. Download and install again...

I purchased EHAM at SimMarket. See this post made on September 8. (September 20 and counting...) I have since installed the complete 1.13 and there are no charts...

What filename, type, and location should I be checking? Are there now two versions 1.13 or do you have 1.14, can you verify either way?

I purchased EHAM at SimMarket. See this post made on September 8. (September 20 and counting...) I have since installed the complete 1.13 and there are no charts...

What filename, type, and location should I be checking? Are there now two versions 1.13 or do you have 1.14, can you verify either way?

Hmmm, not sure if Sim Market has updated their installers as they take a while longer to upload them.

The charts are in the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol

I'm using the FS9 version.

Hmmm, not sure if Sim Market has updated their installers as they take a while longer to upload them.

If they haven't updated them to include the charts (which is certainly possible given the date of the Aerosoft announcement about them), then what was/is in the 1.13 they mailed me about on the 8th. The charts are definitely not in that folder on my system, also FS9.

;)

Guess we'll have to wait and see what Shaun reports back.

Hello;

Well the black line I posted about yesterday,is not there now,sorry about that.I have a question about updates,I understand that there are 2 versions,FS9,and FSX,I purchased the download,and it is 1.03,reading through the forums,I seen 1.13?,I thought the update page had the latest updates.

Thanks;

Mark

Why is it taking so long to fix Schiphol X for FSX...the time frame for the corrections is unbelievable. :angry: Not blaming Aerosoft but the developer should be replaced!

I want to purchase this product but will not under it's current state...Darryl

Since 3 days I found out that there where double roads in the Amsterdam surrounding.

I had the default ones and also the UTX roads.

See the screenshot.

After reinstalling UTX and Schiphol the problem was not solved.

Finally after a lot of testing I found out that the Schiphol scenery was causing this issue.

Moving Schiphol all the was down in the scenery library , below all UTX entries , solved it.

All other scenery could stay above the UTX entries.....

Oliver, could you give some advice on this ?

Thanks in advance.

post-10211-061189400 1285054955_thumb.jp

Why is it taking so long to fix Schiphol X for FSX...the time frame for the corrections is unbelievable. :angry: Not blaming Aerosoft but the developer should be replaced!

I want to purchase this product but will not under it's current state...Darryl

Same here. I'm also waiting for a decent statement on the "improvements" of 1.03. Will not buy until I've read what I want to read.

Jon

I just tried to download the newest installer (FS9) from my account here at Aerosoft. And they included the Lufthansa charts. The date for

The scenery version is the same (1.13) but the newest includes the Lufthansa charts.