Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

Hi everyone,

I have another question: I'm thinking of purchasing VFR Netherlands, but will Mega airport Amsterdam be compatible with it???

Don't buy VFR Netherlands. I think it won't be compatible. Download NL2000 instead. Free and much better.

I think this is something which must be said.

Although the developer is not showing up (which is of course a shame), I truly believe Aerosoft is doing a magnificent job in providing "First Aid" for people who have trouble with the scenery!

Even "normal" customers are trying to solve issues -the afcads for instance, have we ever seen this before!?

Anyway, what I just wanted to say to all early adaptors of this scenery, you're doing great!

Thanks for making this scenery worth the wait, because lots of initial issues are fixed already.

Regards,

Pat

I truly believe Aerosoft is doing a magnificent job in providing "First Aid" for people who have trouble with the scenery!

Affirmative!

Our beef (or at least mine) is not with Aerosoft but with the developer.

I have the impression that Aerosoft is doing everything they can to make this scenery a success,

and I'm very confident they will.

I agree with the above, as I said in my post: Aerosoft is helping very good. But I just think it's a pity that we don't hear anything from the developers themselfs. So I really don't blame Aerosoft! There service made me buy many products at their shop.

edit: Shaun, have you already heard anything from the office, if I may ask?

Hello Gerard,

I wrote to the product manager and am awaiting a reply, I also copied Mathijs in on the reply.

I know that no news is good news but thats not always the case.

So I'm hoping to be able to give you folks a Sitrep as to whats happening with this.

Hi Shaun,

I'm a new user to aerosoft airports and without adding to the comments regarding this product I am a little confused as to the fixes needed. Rather than messing with files in a program costing $30, am I better to wait for a service pack which addresses all the problems?

I purchased this product on August 7 and in hindsight should have researched a little more thoroughly. If this is the quality of airports that Aerosoft sells, in the future I may have to look at other alternatives when purchasing addon scenery.

Thanks

Andrew

• Upvote 1

Hello Andrew,

Sorry that you feel this way but if you read most of the post they refer to this one developer as they also state that this is not Aerosofts usual standards.

If you look at the Sim-Wings Airports we sell and the German Airports etc etc you will see the difference.

Hello Andrew,

Sorry that you feel this way but if you read most of the post they refer to this one developer as they also state that this is not Aerosofts usual standards.

If you look at the Sim-Wings Airports we sell and the German Airports etc etc you will see the difference.

Thanks for your reply Shaun,

This airport is an Aerosoft Airport and as a consequence, they must also carry the can on any issues relating to quality and accuracy. I personally purchased this particular package for the real as it gets factor. When the altitude of the airport is wrong it certainly raises questions regarding the quality assurance of Aerosoft products. With all due respect I paid $30 bucks for EHAM and quite frankly am not interested in seeing the difference with other Aerosoft Airports. I would like the airport I purchased raised up to Aerosoft's usual standards.

It is a shame that this was my first experience in purchasing addon airports for FSX and quite possibly will be my last.

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks for your reply Shaun,

This airport is an Aerosoft Airport and as a consequence, they must also carry the can on any issues relating to quality and accuracy. I personally purchased this particular package for the real as it gets factor. When the altitude of the airport is wrong it certainly raises questions regarding the quality assurance of Aerosoft products. With all due respect I paid $30 bucks for EHAM and quite frankly am not interested in seeing the difference with other Aerosoft Airports. I would like the airport I purchased raised up to Aerosoft's usual standards.

It is a shame that this was my first experience in purchasing addon airports for FSX and quite possibly will be my last.

Cheers

Andrew

I think you shouldn't blaim Aerosoft, blaim the developer of Amsterdam X, it's their job to sell product that works.

Shaun is waiting for response from developer about fix.

Thanks for the 2 files, now the scenery works very well for me the major issues are solved. Before patching at night the airport was very low in frame 3/4 fps, impossible to fly!

Andrea,

Which are the 2 files I thought there was only 1- eham_rwys. What is the other one.

Thanks

Andrew

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I've bought Mega Airport Amsterdam X for FSX, and the installation was no problem. Immediately I tried the beautifull scenery and I started on the Delta Apron. But when the scenery was loaded, I was shocked. There were a lot of trees on Schiphol. Some shots:

2010-8-8_0-23-20-87.jpg

2010-8-8_0-21-46-334.jpg

2010-8-8_0-21-54-458.jpg

I've tried to change something in my scenery library, but without any positive result. Shot of my scenery library:

airport2.png

I've tried to deselect some sceneries (f.e. Add-on Scenery, priority 2) but the trees didn't disappear. With the default scenery of EHAM, the trees aren't there! I can remove the trees when I put my Autogen Density on 'None'. But then the world is flat and there are no trees on the world.

After this, I took a look in the Aerosoft folder. I found some files in the texture- and scenery map called 'tree..' so I decided to remove them (I didn't remove them permanently) but without a positive result. Shots;

trees1.png

trees2.png

I'm desperate, can someone help me?

Thanks a lot!

Steven

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I've bought Mega Airport Amsterdam X for FSX, and the installation was no problem. Immediately I tried the beautifull scenery and I started on the Delta Apron. But when the scenery was loaded, I was shocked. There were a lot of trees on Schiphol. Some shots:

2010-8-8_0-23-20-87.jpg

2010-8-8_0-21-46-334.jpg

2010-8-8_0-21-54-458.jpg

I've tried to change something in my scenery library, but without any positive result. Shot of my scenery library:

airport2.png

I've tried to deselect some sceneries (f.e. Add-on Scenery, priority 2) but the trees didn't disappear. With the default scenery of EHAM, the trees aren't there! I can remove the trees when I put my Autogen Density on 'None'. But then the world is flat and there are no trees on the world.

After this, I took a look in the Aerosoft folder. I found some files in the texture- and scenery map called 'tree..' so I decided to remove them (I didn't remove them permanently) but without a positive result. Shots;

trees1.png

trees2.png

I'm desperate, can someone help me?

Thanks a lot!

Steven

Do you have those replacement files from Oliver in the scenery folder from Amsterdam Schiphol X ?

The files are : EHAM_Excl.bgl and eham_rwys.BGL

You have to remove the default ones ( back them up )and use the new ones instead.

The Exclude file removes the trees.

Do you have those replacement files from Oliver in the scenery folder from Amsterdam Schiphol X ?

The files are : EHAM_Excl.bgl and eham_rwys.BGL

You have to remove the default ones ( back them up )and use the new ones instead.

The Exclude file removes the trees.

Not yet but I have to replace them in the folder from Amsterdam Schiphol X? Then I'll do that today!

I could only find the EHAM_EXCL_1.BGL file but not the eham_rwys.bgl file..

Regards,

2010-8-8_0-23-20-87.jpg

Hi,

That's a correct representation of Schiphol and caused by new Dutch environmental legislation.

Schiphol was forced to become a more 'green' airport, compensating the CO2 emissions.

This is how they implemented this :D

The files didn't help, but I've found the problem! I had the default scenery and I tried NL2000 Noord-Holland and guess what, the problem is solved! So if you have this problem, install NL2000 v4 for FSX Noord-Holland and the problem is over!

Thanks for your help,

Steven

Hallo Peter,

after the EHAM V112 installation, I have the same problems

with deleted ICAO codes in my PFE for reservations of parkimg

gates in EHAM and other small airports.

PFE has no ICAO codes for parking gates but all codes for SIDs

and STARs. I hope there will be a solution for that.

Regards

Pauline.

Hey Peter,

I have the same problems after updating EHAM V_110

and now the new installation V_112.

PFE databank will not found the ICAO codes for EHAM

and some other airports. But PFE has the ICAO codes

for the SIDs and STARs of the missing airports.

I hope there will be a solution for that.

regards from

Pauline

Hey Peter,

I have the same problems after updating EHAM V_110

and now the new installation V_112.

PFE databank will not found the ICAO codes for EHAM

and some other airports. But PFE has the ICAO codes

for the SIDs and STARs of the missing airports.

I hope there will be a solution for that.

regards from

Pauline

This the Amsterdam Schiphol X thread , not the Fs9 thread....

Hi Oliver,

First I want you to say that I am very happy with AES.

Just started with it last week.

My question is about the rw and tw lighting from Schiphol which imho is not that bright comparted to other Aerosoft airports.

I checked the Afcad files and the texture files, but could not find anything.

If there where some bitmaps I could make the lights bright/bigger.

It seems that Cornel has gone on a long holiday.....

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Hello Gerard,

I wrote to the product manager and am awaiting a reply, I also copied Mathijs in on the reply.

I know that no news is good news but thats not always the case.

So I'm hoping to be able to give you folks a Sitrep as to whats happening with this.

Hi Shaun,

Any news on a fix for the issues from the developer?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Shaun,

Any news on a fix for the issues from the developer?

Cheers

Andrew

Many people would like to know that.

Again another week has passed without any statement ( no blame to Aerosoft ) .... :lazy_s: