Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

Today, I came back to my order page to download the FSX version of Amsterdam X.

I saw the v1.00 for FSX and a v1.11 for FS2004. So I downloaded both but the .zip file for FS2004 contains a v112.exe file... (instead of 1.11).

So is it a typo error ?

If not, what are the changes since the 1.10 update ?

Regards,

Hello eparot,

I'll try to find out tomorrow whats going on with this update.

GSalden: could you please contact me on 737freak@a51-zone.net? Do not spread your AFCAD like this. Do not use any other AFAD with the AutoAFCADupdater X. Send me an E-mail and we will include your corrected AFCAD with an updated Auto updater. I made some changes to my own AFCAD too (added AI approaches). If everybody makes and spreads AFCADs and says they can be used with our Auto updater, it gets a mess. People will get confused by all the diffrent versions. It's better to work together and then release a perfect AFCAD.

So, please, remove the download link and contact me by E-mail and make an account on our site: http://www.a51-zone.net/forum/34-a51-zonenet-software-support.htmlhappy.gif

Thanks in advance

Please try to switch off the Aircraft shadows.

Hi good day,

Well I did it... I turnes it off and dd not work....all I see is the aircraft nav lights and the smoke they

leave behind while taxing....I still do not see the fuselage...I'm I the only one with that problem?

btw I have FSX

brgds

Edwardo

Just to be sure.. will all your fixes be included in the updated version from Aerosoft itself? I mean like it too much work while you can just download something from the developers..We pay for it you know I don't want to go in my files...

Highly Disapointed!

Come on Aerosoft! You can manage better!

I fully understand that this scenery is not developed by Aerosoft itself. But I would have thought that THE distributor of FS Addons has some kind of quality guidelines which are given to external developers!

In case you guys are short of beta testers before you release a product, then let me know!

Yes, the quick fix provided by Oliver Pabst works (thank you very much for that!!!) but how comes that Oliver Pabst is taking over the support and the actual developer is not even showing up here?

Instead poor Shaun is trying to get the developer to read this forum? I believe that Aerosoft should tell their external developers to check this forum at least once a day after a product gets released

and to interact with their customers here on the forum in order to fix the bugs! It looks like the community is willing to interact with the delevopers in order to increase the quality of addons, so take advantage of it!

Next to the framerate issue (which can be fixed using the quick fix from Oliver) I am mostly disapointed with missing taxi signs!

Not being a scenery designer myself I would think that a native FSX scenery would perfom better then a converted FS9 scenery, this is bugging me as well!

Anyway...hoping that the developer will show up here eventually and that he get things sorted out!

/

Nobbi

Gentleman,

EHAM airport is a big bone and I understand that it represents a lot of efforts.

However I have bigger expectations for the level of quality as well as for the support.

The airport needs a major patch, which shall include FPS fix, correct airport elevations, the texture bleedthough fix as well as more taxiway signs.

[EDIT] On certain places (like W7 runway crossing) the night green taxiway center-line lights are misaligned from the light pods on the ground.

I would like to mention one more time about the red lights on top of the light poles disappearing when a cloud is projected behind them.

In my case I have the feeling that this otherwise great scenery is somewhat unfinished. Please rectify the 1.0 edition.

Thank you

I don't think we have to tell Aerosoft that working with Dreamfactorystudio on this Amsterdam scenery didn't exactly work out as everyone would have hoped so. You can clearly read that between the lines. I just wish that they wouldn't release something to the general public without putting the product through some serious testing. It's better to wait 2 more months and put out a good working product, than releasing it after a few weeks and there are still lots of bugs to be fixed. I mean if the average customer can find a lot of bugs the next day the scenery gets released, howcome that the betatesters didn't see those issues?

Jon

I have a question, can someone please post a summary with all the bugs in MA Amsterdam. I want to know if I can buy the product safely, without to many bugs, and I don't really get it anymore. I'm also very dissapointed with Aerosoft because they have to take their forums seriously and give answers to someone, when that someone asks them. But I see very much unanswered questions...

edit: The site of Dreamfactory studio says: Amsterdam Schiphol is now under construction, huge project that hopefully will be released end of this year. For both FS9 and FSX. Is this true, because I'm really tired of waiting.

On July 12 I give the following topic :

////////////

I have another problem with AI traffic.

I have EHAM X normaly installed in FSX , I have the same drop by 50% in FPS as others , but I don't see AI airliner traffic anymore. Only GA tarffic and some shadows of airliners, but not the actual airliners itself. When I unable EHAM X, I see the airliners came back , but after activated EHAM X again, they disappear again.

I use the new AFX_EHAM_02.bgl.

Any idea , whay can cause this ?

//////////

I only read the remark, to put out the aircraft shadows, but that didn't do the trick.

Ai traffic on EHAM is not visible, After deactivating EHAm to default, AI traffic is

visible again. This doesn't seem to be a FSX bug, but an EHAMC X bug.

Any suggestions?

best regards

Joop Mak

On July 12 I give the following topic :

////////////

I have another problem with AI traffic.

I have EHAM X normaly installed in FSX , I have the same drop by 50% in FPS as others , but I don't see AI airliner traffic anymore. Only GA tarffic and some shadows of airliners, but not the actual airliners itself. When I unable EHAM X, I see the airliners came back , but after activated EHAM X again, they disappear again.

I use the new AFX_EHAM_02.bgl.

Any idea , whay can cause this ?

//////////

I only read the remark, to put out the aircraft shadows, but that didn't do the trick.

Ai traffic on EHAM is not visible, After deactivating EHAm to default, AI traffic is

visible again. This doesn't seem to be a FSX bug, but an EHAMC X bug.

Any suggestions?

Besides any other problems with that scenery (don't know a scenery from Cornel Grigoriu without problems), missing AI textures are caused by using FS9-code in a FSX scenery. For a high quality scenery an absolute no go !

Dear all,

GSalden and I worked hard on better AFCAD files. These AFCADs are included in an updated version of AutoAFCADUpdaterX by Ivap (now Version 2.00).

*** AutoAFCADUpdaterX (for Mega Airport Amsterdam X) ***

v2.00

- Added updated AFCADS to installation from 737freak and GSalden

- AFCADBackupX now checks for existing AFCAD backups

- Better installation file handling

v1.00

- First AutoAFCADUpdaterX version

Note: When you want to update AutoAFCADUpdaterX v1.00 just select the path in the installer where you installed AutoAFCADUpdaterX v1.00 and it will update.

The updated tool can be download here: http://www.a51-zone....dam-x.html#4239

If you have any questions about this tool, please post them here: http://www.a51-zone....re-support.html

Have fun and happy landings!happy.gif

Dear all,

GSalden and I worked hard on better AFCAD files. These AFCADs are included in an updated version of AutoAFCADUpdaterX by Ivap (now Version 2.00).

Note: When you want to update AutoAFCADUpdaterX v1.00 just select the path in the installer where you installed AutoAFCADUpdaterX v1.00 and it will update.

If you have any questions about this tool, please post them here: http://www.a51-zone....re-support.html

Thank youhappy.gif

Good to see that I'm not the only one that thinks this scenery is a big laugh!. This is more or less taking your money and give you junk. But I'm sure that Aerosoft is doing what the can in this matter (Thank you Oliver for your effort) and I really hope for the future they do not do business with Dreamfactory Studios anymore. This enterprise puts the Aerosoft name in a bad light.

• Upvote 1

Dear all,

Thank you guy’s for your awesome work.

It is good to see, that there are people who do so much for us flighsim enthusiasts.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you. :D:grouprespect_s:

John.

Hi, still experiencing problems after modif's and patch to v1.10.

bumpies and sand i.e. at turnoff V3 RWY 18R for example.

Also the unfinished part of the A9 highway just N and NNE of RWY 18R looks stupid. Cars driving from the highway right into the grass.

See attached images, the yellow circles are mine.

Tompie

post-462-128013947671_thumb.jpg

post-462-128013948881_thumb.jpg

Hello Gents!

Any news on a future update..?

No matter what I do I am still getting bleedthrough textures (only on certain areas of the airport)...

I would greatly appretiate additional work to bring this great work to the reqired level of quality.

Cheers

could Aerosoft kindly pass the word for developer that things need to be fixed here blush.gif

probably they're scratching their heads right now, it's just that Mega Airport Amsterdam Schiphol X is

unflyable right now

The support is really weak here from the developers.

There were so many requests for more taxiway signs after the release of the FS9 version and nothing happens for FSX.

I think this is my only payware scenery which has less taxiway signs then the standard FSX scenery.