Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

SamZ , you are right ; people have to read the entire thread.

Otherwise they miss valuable information and start writing about issues that already have been solved.

Here in summary :

- For solving low fps use the EHAM_runways.bgl file from Oliver. Download here : EHAM rwys.zip

- Auto AFCAD Updater for Schiphol X ( pinned topic ) will automatically set the correct Afcad file according to the wind.Improved Afcad files are included.

My AFCAD files in this forum are outdated, you can download the current version including an AutoAFCADupdater here:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=36458 or

http://www.a51-zone.net/forum/34-a51-zonenet-software-support/4239-autoafcadupdaterx-for-mega-airport-amsterdam-x.html#4246

just a +1 for the work you did, nice one m8!

SamZ , you are right ; people have to read the entire thread.

Otherwise they miss valuable information and start writing about issues that already have been solved.

Here in summary :

- For solving low fps use the EHAM_runways.bgl file from Oliver. Download here : EHAM rwys.zip

- Auto AFCAD Updater for Schiphol X ( pinned topic ) will automatically set the correct Afcad file according to the wind.Improved Afcad files are included.

Gerard it's a combination of mesh at 19 and the new supplied afcads + excl and rws file from Oliver solved the conflict issue and fps is now great :-)

My AFCAD files in this forum are outdated, you can download the current version including an AutoAFCADupdater here:

http://www.a51-zone.net/forum/34-a51-zonenet-software-support/4239-autoafcadupdaterx-for-mega-airport-amsterdam-x.html#4246

Great thank you for your hardwork really appreciated :beer3_s:

If Oliver can fine tune is Excl file, so it can be used with Mesh settings of 38m or 76m, the issue would be solved.

When IFR flying I always use a mesh setting of 38.

( I use FSXGo and have different fsx.cfg files for different types of flying )

I use FsGlobal 2010 and only the Alps are made with 19m mesh.

Therefore I have no intention of setting the mesh to lower settings and stress my system extra ( 3 screens as 1 wide outside view )

But if Oliver could make another Excl file in minutes that was working with Pete's utility, Cornel should be able to do the same.

It would be nice to hear from him.

Something wrong with afcad east because aircraft never land at RWY 24 in real life :blush:

Well, in real life aircraft can do a so called brake off, they use the Rwy 27 ILS and then they bank to the left to land in the 24. For example, KLM cityhopper does this. But it's rare.

But there are limitations in FSX. So if the wind comes from 230, with AFCAD_WEST enabled, they should land on rwy 27. But the wind direction fits rwy 24 better so aircraft land there instead of rwy 27.

The same goes for the other AFCADs. I'll try to fix this, so maybe there will be an update.

Check this forum regarly: http://www.a51-zone.net/forum/34-a51-zonenet-software-support.html

Well, in real life aircraft can do a so called brake off, they use the Rwy 27 ILS and then they bank to the left to land in the 24. For example, KLM cityhopper does this. But it's rare.

But there are limitations in FSX. So if the wind comes from 230, with AFCAD_WEST enabled, they should land on rwy 27. But the wind direction fits rwy 24 better so aircraft land there instead of rwy 27.

The same goes for the other AFCADs. I'll try to fix this, so maybe there will be an update.

Check this forum regarly: http://www.a51-zone.net/forum/34-a51-zonenet-software-support.html

Far to busy myself with development, but just to let you know however it's a easy to fix as for runway preference and actual usage look at the links below...

Usages in real life preference...

http://www.luchtverkeersleiding.nl/uitleg_baangebruik_pref_tabel.html

Actual runway usage:

24 isn't almost used it's very rare and with that wind well think at the polderbaan 18R or 27 ;-)

Hope it's helpful...

Changed it myself takeoff 6 no landing yes / takeoff 24 yes landing no

Cheers,

André

Far to busy myself with development, but just to let you know however it's a easy to fix as for runway preference and actual usage look at the links below...

Usages in real life preference...

Actual runway usage:

24 isn't almost used it's very rare and with that wind well think at the polderbaan 18R or 27 ;-)

Hope it's helpful...

Changed it myself takeoff 6 no landing yes / takeoff 24 yes landing no

Cheers,

André

Andre,

FSX is reads runways as open at 2 side or close at 2 sides. Even if you have closed 1 end and let the other end open.

That's one of the limitations of FSX.

To 737freak :

There are no 747's at the F or G gates at all.

After examining the Afcad files I saw that the heavy parking spots have a radius of 33.00 m.

To get the 747 at those parking spots they need to be 36.00m.

I know that at some sites they claim heavy to be 33.00m, but than the 747 will not show up.

At Schiphol East there are some the radius is 36.00m already. There the 747 shows up.

I modified some Gates to match reality a bit more. Now the 747 shows up ate the Gates.

There are some small things left to do.

At the beginning of next week I will post a download link.

Those modified Afcad files will work with Auto Afcad Update X.

Thanks for your hard work.

Disappointed with this release. I waited a long time for EHAM FSX

I sure hope Aerosoft plan on on releasing a real fix for this soon. The lights on rwy 06/24 are better than before but I still have the peeling texture problem (see image attached). I know Aerosoft employees are experts at what they do, but looking deeply at the scenery files I found several things that need to be corrected. The old FS2002 SCASM code need to be eliminated. EHAM FSX is the patched up FS2004 version.

Here are the problems that I found just by taking a quick look:

1. FSX elevation for EHAM is 3.352M and your version is at 3.360M.

2. Your starts are at 3.352 M but the runways are at 3.360M.

3. Decompiling eham_rwys.bgl reveal that it is using 3.4M and eham_rwys.bmp which is listed to be used is not included in the texture folder.

4. Some of the texture files are the same as the FS2004 files and some don't even have mips. FSX runs much better if you use mips.

So the minor difference in evevation you think would not matter, but I just spent the last two days converting my FS9 copy of KEWR so that it will run on FSX without the peeling texture. I had to remove most of the FS2002 SCASM code and change all of the elevations in the scenery to match the default FSX elevation. All the flattening in the world would not solve the problem of peeling texture and aircraft sinking below the surface until all elevations matched.

I spent good money for this scenery and I am very dissapointed with Aerosoft at the moment, because I know you can do a much better job than this. I am going to revert back to the original files and just fly daytime at EHAM until a proper fix is released.

I am not trying to be a jerk about this, but a lot of software developers are beginning to shuffle junk scenery. One company actually tried to sell scenery of Hawaii with pictures of aircraft parked at the airport.

Thanks

James

post-31845-127937307172_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

Andre,

FSX is reads runways as open at 2 side or close at 2 sides. Even if you have closed 1 end and let the other end open.

That's one of the limitations of FSX.

Gerard not with the star approach ;-)

Still a lot of bugs here including wrong exclusion and bleeding + gmax errors + fps

Gerard not with the star approach ;-)

Still a lot of bugs here including wrong exclusion and bleeding + gmax errors + fps

It would be nice if Aerosoft came with an official statement about a list of "corrections to be made" and when to expect these.

We can't expect Oliver to fix it all as he isn't even the developer.

This update requires an installed version of Mega Airport Amsterdam for FS2004 (V1.00)

Update 1.10 includes:

• ATC Tower has been enhanced
  • Distance to most objects has been corrected so now you will see buildings from a further distance
  • Taxi signs added *Backside of terminal B now has the gates that were missing.
  • Adds on gates changed to the correct ones.
  • The visitors balcony on the main terminal has been improved.
  • New stand alone exclude file for those that wants to manipulate with the AFCAD file.
  • Corrected Microsoft logo on the new Microsoft building.
  • De-icing apron now enhanced with tower and drive trough parking also with more correct apron markings, ladders and other objects.
  • Winter now looking better with a more stronger frosty look.
  • Rwy lightning has been improved as good as possible for now.
  • Some thought that roof textures were blurry, they have been sharpened a little.
  • All in all some cosmetical issues have been dealt with here and there.

Available form the Updates section at www.aerosoft.com

Good day,

I bought Mega Airport Amsterdam and I like the scenery very much but I do have one major problem

When I log on to IVAO and I am at the gate and next to my gate or on the taxi way there are

other aircrafts, I do not see the complete Fuselage but I see only their navigation lights...

Could someone tell me or explain me why is that?

• Developer

Good day,

I bought Mega Airport Amsterdam and I like the scenery very much but I do have one major problem

When I log on to IVAO and I am at the gate and next to my gate or on the taxi way there are

other aircrafts, I do not see the complete Fuselage but I see only their navigation lights...

Could someone tell me or explain me why is that?

Please try to switch off the Aircraft shadows.

Yep, that's why it is the quick solution, to keep the grass outside the taxiways, I must be done much more. But that's not my project, so I only can provide this quick solution. Keep you airplane on the taxiways, that what should be the "normal" operation laugh.gif

Hey Oliver,

I have the same (durt) problem with the taxiways around runway 36L/18R, the EHAM HARDEN.BGL file did not correct this. Is there a fix possible for the other runway as well?

Greetings,

Giel

Today, I came back to my order page to download the FSX version of Amsterdam X.

I saw the v1.00 for FSX and a v1.11 for FS2004. So I downloaded both but the .zip file for FS2004 contains a v112.exe file... (instead of 1.11).

So is it a typo error ?

If not, what are the changes since the 1.10 update ?

Regards,