Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

Looks like you guys forgot to remove the FS9 specific runway lights from rwy 6/24. This causes a MASSIVE performance hit, 30fps to ~1fps and renders the scenery completely unusable at night.

badlights.jpg

Daytime approach to 18C in the PMDG MD11 gives an average of 20fps, switch to night and those lights pop in, performance drops to less than 2fps. Even sitting on rwy6 during the day the PAPI lights alone are enough to drop me to 7fps.

Hope we can get a quick fix for this one.

You are right ; those Fs9 lights on rw 24 kill all framerate.

Here I get 22-40 fps at daytime and 2.2-5.2 fps at night :wacko:

The problem lies in the eham_rws.bgl file.

Take this one out and framerate is back up.

This isn´t a very big thing to correct. Cornel should be able to fix it within half an hour.

BTW : When choosing rw24 in the menu here is where you are placed:

EHAMrw24.jpg

Here I get 22-40 fps at daytime and 2.2-5.2 fps at night wacko.gif

The problem lies in the eham_rws.bgl file.

Take this one out and framerate is back up.

Deleting this file certainly improves the frame rate at night (although 12.2 is not what I expected....).

However, have you ever tried to land at Schiphol at night without runway lights????

In addition: my framerate at daytime stills remains at max 14 (used to be around 30 before installing Mega Airport Amsterdam).

In short, this version is unusable untill this bug is fixed.

Ben Mathon

• Developer

Deleting this file certainly improves the frame rate at night (although 12.2 is not what I expected....).

However, have you ever tried to land at Schiphol at night without runway lights????

In addition: my framerate at daytime stills remains at max 14 (used to be around 30 before installing Mega Airport Amsterdam).

In short, this version is unusable untill this bug is fixed.

Ben Mathon

But, 30 frames without the Addon is not much, and 15/16 frames for a complex addon not tooo bad.

Regarding the Light: Which FSX Version you are using, ACC or SP2?

But, 30 frames without the Addon is not much, and 15/16 frames for a complex addon not tooo bad.

Regarding the Light: Which FSX Version you are using, ACC or SP2?

I am using FSX SP2. Usual daylight frame rate flying over Holland is between 30 and 40. Around Eham 25 to 30. With Mega installed 12-15.

Ben Mathon

• Developer

Did you try to switch off the AESlite Traffic (EHAMTraffic Tool is in the Amsterdam directory), maybe that saves same frames.

I don't have any drops at night and I also have SP2.

Did you try to switch off the AESlite Traffic (EHAMTraffic Tool is in the Amsterdam directory), maybe that saves same frames.

I don't have any drops at night and I also have SP2.

Oliver,

Just take a look at the lights from rw24 at night on my screenshot.

They are way bigger than the lights from the other rw.

Like I wrote, taking out the rw bgl makes framerate jump up from 4-5 to 35 at night with all lights on ( exept rw lighting ).

No other airport has this big difference between day and night.

Btw : I use Accelerations.

Dear all,

I've made an modified AFCAD for MAP EHAM X. I found some errors when I was using WOAI traffic.

There were heavy's standing at the C & D Pier. In real life this doesn't happen.

So, you can download the new AFCAD files here: (scroll down)

http://www.a51-zone.net/forum/10-add-ons/4151-mega-airport-amsterdam-x-release-en-ervaringen.html#4167

For FSX Only!

The post is in dutch, so here is an english readme/installation note:

Installation:

Navigate to the following location: <FSX Location>\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol X\Scenery

Then, make a back-up of the following files:

AFX_EHAM_02.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_NORTH.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_South.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_EAST.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_WEST.bgl

Now you can copy the 5 .bgl files from the downloaded .zip to that directory.

Uninstallation

Put your back-up back in the following folder: <FSX Location>\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol X\Scenery

Have fun this!

• Upvote 1

Can you please try the attached version. I don't know if it realy helps, but maybe it fix some errors in the lights.

Thanks, I will try this as soon as I am back at my desktop. For the record my system is a core i7 930 @ 3.66ghz, 6gb DDR3 @ 1600, ATI5870HD, Win7 pro and running FSX Acceleration.

All runways except 6/24 are fine, and I sincerely hope this is the only frame killing FS9 code to slip through testing.

• Developer

All runways except 6/24 are fine, and I sincerely hope this is the only frame killing FS9 code to slip through testing.

FS9 code itself is not a problem related the frames, only the way it is used can drop frames. -_-

No change with the new BGL I'm afraid, in fact it may actually be worse as it looks like some of the other runways PAPI lights are now in the FS9 style. As noted by the previous poster, the only fix currently working is to completely disable the EHAM_RWS.bgl

With the BGL disabled my FPS is up to 55, but obviously lacking all runway lights can make landing extremely difficult.

• Developer

The Papi's are the same in this file, I maybe added some missing Papis, but I don't understand the differnce you see.

If the lights shown in any of the screenshots in this thread are present, performance is crippled, disabling the bgl removes the lights (all rwy lights unfortunately) and restores normal FPS.

It really doesn't seem like a complicated issue, remove the FS9 lights, problem solved.

Dear all,

I've made an modified AFCAD for MAP EHAM X. I found some errors when I was using WOAI traffic.

There were heavy's standing at the C & D Pier. In real life this doesn't happen.

So, you can download the new AFCAD files here: (scroll down)

http://www.a51-zone....ingen.html#4167

For FSX Only!

The post is in dutch, so here is an english readme/installation note:

Installation:

Navigate to the following location: <FSX Location>\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol X\Scenery

AFX_EHAM_02.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_NORTH.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_South.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_EAST.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_WEST.bgl

Uninstallation

Put your back-up back in the following folder: <FSX Location>\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol X\Scenery

Have fun this!

Great. Thank you!!

Eric

Normally rw lights can also be included in the Afcad file.

However, because of the construction of the scenery this is not working.

I remember having the same problem when trying to make Fly Tampa's Vienna 2004 compatible for FSX.

Finally the only option was to take out the photo relalistic rw and use the native FSX Vienna Afcad file and modify that one.

Evene modifying Fly Tampa's ASfcad file or making a new one did not work.

Only, I do not have the intention to do this for Eham too.

I would have to make an Afcad file for the whole airport.

However , I have been in contact with with Cornel and he is doing his best to solve this.

Great scenery in total !

Mega Airport Amsterdam X - New AFCADs Version 2.0

The original AFCAD from Aerosoft contained a lot of bugs.

Scroll down for the download link.happy.gif

Fixed Bugs:

- Some gates at the C & D pier were the wrong size, so there were heavy's standing at those piers. The size of the gates is now the right one.

- There was a duplicated ILS for Ryw 18C/36C. The right ILS was not aligned with the runway. This is now fixed.

- The runway use at EHAM was not realistic. This is also fixed. But you can still use the original AFCAD tool.

Installation:

AFX_EHAM_02.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_NORTH.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_South.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_EAST.bgl

AFX_EHAM_02_WEST.bgl

Use the AFCAD tool the chance the AFCAD to the current wind direction.

Uninstallation

Have fun with the AFCAD! If you find any bugs, please post them Here wink.png

Download link

http://www.a51-zone.net/forum/10-add-ons/4176-mega-airport-amsterdam-x-new-afcads-version-20.html#4176

• Upvote 2

Oliver,

Just tried your file, but this is making it worse for me.

The best thing we can do is let Cornel take a look at it.

Because the nightlighting of the other rw look more realistic it seems to me that the lighting of rw24/6 is built diffrently.

All these suggested modifications and tips to delete files to fix serious problems are very nice. But lets not forget that we are dealing here with a product for which customers paid some Euro 25,00. Most users just wish to install the product and have not sufficient expertise to start modifying files. After buying the product they expect to enjoy their purchase, not to be confronted with some sort of malware that stalls FSX to 2 frames!

I suggest the manufacturer (whoever that may be) rectifies the faulty product within a reasonable time and send fixes or a new product. Or, if they are really professionals: refund customers their money!

• Developer

Oliver,

Just tried your file, but this is making it worse for me.

The best thing we can do is let Cornel take a look at it.

Because the nightlighting of the other rw look more realistic it seems to me that the lighting of rw24/6 is built diffrently.

No, that's the problem: The code is the same for all runways, that's what I have checked. All have the same form (ok, other position and distances). And I could not see the issue on my PC, that's makes it difficult to find the issue. Cornel is informed and is searching too.

I will try it on my ACC-Pack PC now.

Removing the file is off course not the "final" solution, but based on the situation, that the conditions are not clear at the moment, it is not a 5 Minute fix. Give Cornel a littlebit time, I will assist him as much as possible.

EDIT: I see the issue on my ACC Pack Version, that good so far.

• Developer

So now,

problem on ACC-Pack installations should be fixed with the attached file. It have checked it on FSX ACC-Pack and SP2, both works correct now.

So now,

problem on ACC-Pack installations should be fixed with the attached file. It have checked it on FSX ACC-Pack and SP2, both works correct now.

Thanks you sir ! ;)

Working ! !