Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

Can you elaborate on this for me, I am not sure I am following...

Thank you,

-P

Without deactivating the default photoscenery of Amsterdam in FS9`s scenery - library, Aerosofts EHAM isn`t working properly. A mess, as You (of course) don`t see the city then :mad:!

Dimon, thanks for the reply, but unfortunately deactivating the default Amsterdam ground imagery doesnt fix my problem with DBS walk and follow. Furthermore, I'd caution people about deactivating that default FS layer, because I found out during my testing that the AS Mega Schipol actually uses that default scenery: if you deactivate it, then

when as near as 10 nautical miles from the airport, the airport area appears like a completely empty area, no runways, nothing. Just a vast green square.

When it's activated, even though you dont see the addon scenery itself (buildings and ground textures) at least you can see from the remote the airport layout (runways, taxiways and aprons) taken from the default layer.

So what should we do? Personnaly I'll leave the default layer activated, untill the 1.2 update perhaps?

The LOD architecture had been correctly updated, the 3d objects are now drawn sooner than it used to, so there is an improvement on this side.

As to the general performances, I for one didnt suffer any performance issues with the previous version, except those brief stutters when you fly off the airport as well as when you're approaching it: those stutters are still happening, on my side.

The numerous Iberia containers on the Martinair Cargo apron had been changed to some KLMs, so the designer has another point here (although in the meantime I had painted my own Martinair's containers) and I noticed some other small artwork improvmements.

Shaun,

Can you please clarify? The download page for the update shows a download size of 90Mb for the update, but the actual download is 15.5 Mb. Is this a typo or a mistake in the packaging?

Rob

Hello Rob,

The size is about right on the server its 15.3MB.

But may be 90 when unpacked but not sure.

Hello Rob,

The size is about right on the server its 15.3MB.

But may be 90 when unpacked but not sure.

Hello Shaun,

I would expect that download size is something different then size when unpack. See screenshot, according to the screenshot this E190 is parked at gate D23 but according to the afcad D25, the next gate (D23 according to the afcad) is clearly missing textures.

Regards,

Rob

EHAM B21.bmp

Hello Shaun,

I would expect that download size is something different then size when unpack. See screenshot, according to the screenshot this E190 is parked at gate D23 but according to the afcad D25, the next gate (D23 according to the afcad) is clearly missing textures.

Regards,

Rob

Shaun,

I have to correct myself. According to AIP there are 5 gates at this side of the terminal D21 - D29. Scenery and Afcad have also 5 gates numbered D23 - D31. Still the "half" gate looks weird.

Rob

I am still missing a lot of taxi signs.

/>

Mark

Me too. Is it so difficult to put some signs on taxiway A that I easy find the entry to my gate?

I'm still experiencing stutters and texture problems - switching to top-down view made all of the ground scenery crazy with a big sheet of taxiway sign textures over the entire field. During taxi, I lost the textures on my wings (PMDG MD-11) and number two engine cowling and vertical stablizer.

I'm almost wanting a refund at this point, to be honest.

Robert

Nice update, but I still have some comments below:

1. In the Deicing area (Stands J80-87 and P10-14), the lamp posts have been moved but the night time red warning light on top of the poles, are still in the old locations.

2. In the same Deicing area, the old(?)stand signs P10-14, are in the path of the taxiing. I believe the new stand signs are the ones on the lamp pole foundations(P10 is missing). Also one taxi sign, "A", seems to be misplaced in front of P14.

3. More taxi signs would be very nice.

4. Night time airport viewing distance seems shorter then the corrected daytime viewing distance.

I also experience strange texture behavior, especially during dark hours. I know that my personal computer does not like large 32 bit textures and/or any large textures without mipmaps. I usually adjust/convert these type of textures, when possible without affecting quality, which also always helps with stutters etc. I am still working on this for EHAM.

EHAM is tricky in regards to elevation, flattening and hard surfaces. Having Cloud 9 scenery installed earlier as well as other "experimental" EHAM files spread out in the FS9 folder, it took me some time to get rid of these and reset the EHAM area to normal, with reinstalling FS9. However, I also still have "ground friction" (dust from wheels) along some taxiways.

And of course my usual wish to the developer: I hope you are developing a high quality ESGG for us :rolleyes:

Stefan

After a bit of more flights and testings, I have to correct my previous post: I defintiely still get stutters. Not when right on the airport, but all around.

Really strong hick ups, something's going wrong there. No matter which aircraft I use, default Cessna or heavy PMDGs, stutters, stutters.

Hello,

we just received the final data for the FSX version as well as for the FS9 update of Amsterdam-Schiphol.

We have to perform some final tests and to program the installer and we hope we can release both within the next week.

Any news on the release for FSX?

This scenery should be free ware. Nice for an amature, nothing for Aerosoft. Release was terrible and after 4 months (first patch...) still so many bugs!

This scenery should be free ware. Nice for an amature, nothing for Aerosoft. Release was terrible and after 4 months (first patch...) still so many bugs!

Partially true, partially not. At least, it's bit of improvement over old C9 version. I hadn't expected miracles once I realized that Dreamscenery is behind this product.

Anyway - just imagine how FSX folks will be suffering. :lol:

I think we need some more autogen around the airport. Certain areas are handled well, others not so much. For example, west of 36C/18C, there's a lot of nothing there. Subtle exlusions and some re-added autogen should do the trick.

Some developers understand this better than others.

Is there a solution about the AI Traffic of Amsterdam!

The include AI Traffic Tool is working good but when at the airport some runways are still in use, what in reallife not is.

Example: South wind, landing at runway 18R, 18C. Takeoff runway 24 and 18L. With this traffic tool the aircraft are now all landing at runway 24.

with the north wind all aircraft are landing at 36L en 36C, while departing aircraft wait and wait at runway 36C.

This is not correct and with AFCAD Traffic Tools I tried it to correct it but nothing helps.

Is there an solution, an another afcad file....

Greetz, John

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

Please only post any initial release issues on this thread, if there graphical then please attach a screenshot with the co-ords showing so we know exactly where you are.

Please keep compliments/suggestions etc to other threads other than this one please.

Hello Folks,

Please only post any initial release issues on this thread, if there graphical then please attach a screenshot with the co-ords showing so we know exactly where you are.

Please keep compliments/suggestions etc to other threads other than this one please.

FSX crash on terrain.dll :blush:

André

Looks like you guys forgot to remove the FS9 specific runway lights from rwy 6/24. This causes a MASSIVE performance hit, 30fps to ~1fps and renders the scenery completely unusable at night.

badlights.jpg

Daytime approach to 18C in the PMDG MD11 gives an average of 20fps, switch to night and those lights pop in, performance drops to less than 2fps. Even sitting on rwy6 during the day the PAPI lights alone are enough to drop me to 7fps.

Hope we can get a quick fix for this one.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't there any beta testing done, this is a major problem! I really wanted and have waited for the FAX version of this scenery!!! :(

Looks like you guys forgot to remove the FS9 specific runway lights from rwy 6/24. This causes a MASSIVE performance hit, 30fps to ~1fps and renders the scenery completely unusable at night.

badlights.jpg

Daytime approach to 18C in the PMDG MD11 gives an average of 20fps, switch to night and those lights pop in, performance drops to less than 2fps. Even sitting on rwy6 during the day the PAPI lights alone are enough to drop me to 7fps.

Hope we can get a quick fix for this one.

Darryl