Editing Mega Airport Schiphol

Er!k

Hi Aerosoft Support!

Just bought Mega Airport Schiphol and wanted to update all gate assignments. I noticed, after editing using AFCAD 2.21, that some default structures are in the scenery. Which tool do you guys recommend to edit the AFCAD, and is this a known problem with AFCAD 2.21?

Thanks,

Er!k

Thanks for the reply Shaun. Which tool can I use to modify the AFCAD for my needs? I also tried Airport Design Editor, but this tool gives me compilation errors... :s

That's too bad. It seems like the same issue that ESSA intially had befor SP1 was applied. We need a patch that makes this scenery editable with AFCAD!!!

Good that this issue was raised before I bought it. Not buying until patch for AFCAD is released. Sorry.

Isn't that SO difficult to create stand-alone exclude file as other developers do and not use AFX/ADE for this purposes, because in this case AFCAD does not see those excludes at all, AFX is payware, ADE still have issues with exclusions as well.

Please designers, do release exclude option as a single file that would not be affected neither ADE/ADCAD/AFX!!!

Hi,

I also have the problem, when editing the AFCAD on my own, after saving, the default airport is there. Any idea how to deal with this? We even cannot edit the parking stands for our AI usage. Any way to exclude the default Schipol scenery? I do not use the payware AFX, I tried with AD9X (freeware) but no success. It does not compile.

Would be nice to get an exclusion file by Aerosoft.

Thanks and kind regards,

Axel.

Another update: Using Flight One's AFX I was able to succesfully edit the airports according to my needs!

AFX is payware and I have neither intention nor reason to purchase it. We need SP1 that fix exclusion problem. I don't know why Aerosoft support is acting like blind and deaf in respect of this issue that has been known before.

• Aerosoft

AFX is payware and I have neither intention nor reason to purchase it. We need SP1 that fix exclusion problem. I don't know why Aerosoft support is acting like blind and deaf in respect of this issue that has been known before.

My my, released yesterday (!), loads of happy customers or it seems, but we are blind and deaf. Even though we have been very active in the forums, responding to questions etc. Not terribly nice. We are looking at this issue and that's all I am can say at this moment.

• Upvote 1

Calm down chaps ;)

All you guys who want to edit the AF-files (why ever) with Lee Swordy's AFCAD-tool or ADE, try to use the attached file. It contains the exclude-informations only. So now you're able to change things in the AF-file without loosing the exclude-informations, because they are stored in the attached file. Just place it in the EHAM scenery folder and open all AF-files with AFCAD-tool once and save it, also without any changes. In this way you'll delete the excludes in the original AF-files to prevent to have it twice because they are now in the attached file.

This all is not necessary for AFX-Users!

Works fine here. I hope you're satisfied with this temporary fix.

AF2_EHAM_Exclude.zip

Calm down chaps ;)

All you guys who want to edit the AF-files (why ever) with Lee Swordy's AFCAD-tool or ADE, try to use the attached file. It contains the exclude-informations only. So now you're able to change things in the AF-file without loosing the exclude-informations, because they are stored in the attached file. Just place it in the EHAM scenery folder and open all AF-files with AFCAD-tool once and save it, also without any changes. In this way you'll delete the excludes in the original AF-files to prevent to have it twice because they are now in the attached file.

You just delivered that file only minutes before I had finished a similar exclude bgl. Good though that some of us are capable of fixing and nice of you sharing this with us Mike.

I must say this is a great scenery and the 4-option AFCAD concept works just fine devided very logical and nicely by the chosen wind angles.

However, is Schiphol that sparse equiped with taxi signs ? One have to reason by looking at the taxiway-links-signs to confirm on which main taxi way one actually are taxiing. It would be interesting to know if this is the case in reality !?

Carl

• Upvote 1

Hello Dimon,

The Exclusions aren't the issue as they work as intended, its the old software your using to edit it, its just not capable of dealing with the new softwares capabilities.

If your going to need to alter afcads to suit your personal needs then I'm sorry but sometimes it means spending to get the necessary tools to do the job.

• Upvote 1

Using the exclude-file attached earlier I was able to work on the file in ADE9X. A few faults in the AFCAD/ADE (or what we would like to call these files now) made the airport uncompilable. I.e. some of the runway links (the black lines) was set to a non-exsisting runway. There was also an DME that didn't had any freq. After changing and solving this, the file compiled nicely :)

So now it's working like I would like it to.

Johan

Hello Dimon,

The Exclusions aren't the issue as they work as intended, its the old software your using to edit it, its just not capable of dealing with the new softwares capabilities.

If your going to need to alter afcads to suit your personal needs then I'm sorry but sometimes it means spending to get the necessary tools to do the job.

Excuse me? ADE is old software????

Calm down chaps ;)

Thanks Mike.

Your patch is like a relief. Going to buy EHAM tonight and try it out.

There was also an DME that didn't had any freq.

It's the old AMS VOR which is no more in use in real. Due to the fact that this VOR is a stock item, it is not removable. That's why it is set to a 0.00-frequency with a zero range and defined as a DME, just to prevent from confusion with the active SPL-VOR. You can define it as a VOR if you want and if it is so important for you.

• Upvote 1

I have only flown using VOR/DME when I made the tutorial flight for one of the Concorde addons 2-3 years ago. So it's not important to me.

The strange thing about the DME is that there is a VOR/DME called AMS (according to the AIS Netherlands charts and airport information for Schiphol) at the same place with the same name (AMS):

http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/091231-100211/eAIP/html/eAIP/EH-AD-2.EHAM-en-GB.html#eham-ad-2.19

It's the first on the list.

I have only flown using VOR/DME when I made the tutorial flight for one of the Concorde addons 2-3 years ago. So it's not important to me.

The strange thing about the DME is that there is a VOR/DME called AMS (according to the AIS Netherlands charts and airport information for Schiphol) at the same place with the same name (AMS):

http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/091231-100211/eAIP/html/eAIP/EH-AD-2.EHAM-en-GB.html#eham-ad-2.19

It's the first on the list.

Ah,yes, I see. And I see now, that this VOR is also still available in some of the Charts, but not in all...hm, that's bad. Ok, do the following: To reactivate it is very simple. Just delete it and the stock AMS VOR will appear immediately after deleting the modified one. Save the file and the AMS VOR will be recovered. Do this for all five AFCADs! We will remark that for a possible patch here.