Mega Airport Amsterdam (FS2004) released

Shaun Fletcher

We just released the FS2004 version of Mega Airport Amsterdam, yet another major airport in this range of products. Amsterdam Schiphol airport is one of the larger airports in Europe and with 6 runways also one of the most complex. Fully featured and supported by AES 2.06 (soon) it is an airport you can not avoid if you like big aircraft and big airports! The FSX version is expected in a few weeks and of course you get that one for free if you buy the F2004 version (and vice versa).

Links: [Product Page]

Tags: FS2004 Mega Airport Amsterdam

eham_40.jpg

eham_29.jpg

eham_39.jpg

eham_52.jpg

eham_28.jpg

eham_54.jpg

More Screenshots

Great to hear! Anybody able to tell how the AFCAD works in this addon? Cross-runway? Multiple afcads? Installation tool?

Rgds,

Erik

Yepp. Installation tool for 5 AFCADs. One default with cross-runway but no regards to the wind-directions (for "beginners" or online-pilots, but not very realistic with AI-traffic). And 4 more realistic AFCADs (one for each of the main wind directions).

Very good first impressions for me, nice product!

BTW: You can still use the city of Amsterdam from cloud9 (if you have it), when you save the "city"-folder before de-installing and register it as scenery for it`s own- it works!

Regards

Lars

Very good first impressions for me, nice product!

BTW: You can still use the city of Amsterdam from cloud9 (if you have it), when you save the "city"-folder before de-installing and register it as scenery for it`s own- it works!

Regards

Lars

Awesome, thanks. :)

Could someone from Aerosoft please tell me why I have not received a download link?

I paid via safepay with a credit card. I have emailed info@ aerosoft but had no reply.

Hi,

Login to your (download) account and download it from there

Lovely airport though I have a slight problem with it. I find even on high anti-ailising, that the texture are quite 'jaggy' particularly the airport buildings and surrounding tarmac on approach. The textures are mip mapped so it should be much smoother. Anyone else getting this?

Cheers

J

• Aerosoft

Lovely airport though I have a slight problem with it. I find even on high anti-ailising, that the texture are quite 'jaggy' particularly the airport buildings and surrounding tarmac on approach. The textures are mip mapped so it should be much smoother. Anyone else getting this?

As you see in the images we provide, this should not be a problem. I suspect a driver setting or that your GPU pipeline is simply overloaded. It is a rather demanding scenery for the GPU.

quality of the airport and textures: Just superb, but the performance is not the best. Sometimes the whole picture freezes to load everything, don't having this problem in Hamburg or Frankfurt. the performance is dissapointing in my eyes. :(

As you see in the images we provide, this should not be a problem. I suspect a driver setting or that your GPU pipeline is simply overloaded. It is a rather demanding scenery for the GPU.

Thanks for the reply Mathijs. Sorry I don;t think I explained myself very well. I only see the jaggy edge problem a few miles out from the airport when I am on approach. Once I have landed and I'm close its fine. I've has this problem before but was corrected by adding mip maps. I just assumed that it had not been mip mapped but after looking in image tools it was clear it had been. I'm not sure about my GPU pipeline, I'm not even sure how you check this kind of thing. Anyway its a disappointing problem as I don;t have it with the other mega aiport sceneries. Thanks

I have installed it and I am very happy about it. I sure looks good and frames are good (steady with 25fps locked), with almost all sliders to the right.

But it is a bit disappointing that the gates on west side of B-pier are not ready in the scenery, whilst they are in reallife for some time now. In the preview forum this has been asked more then one time, but as far as I know we never got an answer... that's a shame.

Can you confirm that there will be an update for this in the short term?

Thanks Aerosoft for this great Scenery.biggrin.gif

I found some bugs during the app. and taxi.

- On the app on rwy 18R the car traffic on the highway is running over the grass ( no highway to see.)

- During the taxi i was missing some taxi signs. For ex. at de crossing at W5 and on taxiway V at de crossing at Z and Y.

- On Taxi B between A20 en A21 the taxi sign is standing the wrong direction.

- The rwy lights and rwy turnoff lights are not the same as reallife!!!!!!

I hope i helped you with this.

Kind regard

Mark

Thanks Aerosoft for this great Scenery.biggrin.gif

I found some bugs during the app. and taxi.

- On the app on rwy 18R the car traffic on the highway is running over the grass ( no highway to see.)

- During the taxi i was missing some taxi signs. For ex. at de crossing at W5 and on taxiway V at de crossing at Z and Y.

- On Taxi B between A20 en A21 the taxi sign is standing the wrong direction.

- The rwy lights and rwy turnoff lights are not the same as reallife!!!!!!

I hope i helped you with this.

Hello!

All things reported here or most of them anyway are now under repair and will be updated!

Regards

Cornel

Kind regard

Mark

Hello Cornel,

Glad to see that you monitor this forum :)

I regret there are too few objects on the apron, although AESlite works like a charm and that Oliver had been very generous, the apron feels a bit empty. Missing containers, loaders etc. The only sparse and few containers that are so charachteristic of major huds like Schipol are all stamped Iberia's(as I had spotted in Rainer's preview shots), does not feel like a KLM heaven. The cargo aprons also look rather empty, I wished they looked more busy.

I located the IB containers bitmap in the texture folder and I will change it for my own use to some more 'local' airlines, but I'd be delighted if you added some more containers and freight stuff in the cargo aprons in a future update,

And oh...I forgot: THANK YOU for your fantastic work (I do enjoy your EBBR a lot and very often)

Hello. First of all, very nice scenery. Some points of attentions: Traffic into the tunnel and under the bridge (taxiway Q) are going in the ground.

The place of the Icehouse at the J-apron is to close to P16. Numbers on the ground on the J-apron are not correct anymore. Since october the numbers are p10, p12, p14 and p16. Between P12 and P14 there is an Icetower. Please check the foto's on the link mentioned here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/43737556@N02/sets/72157623344744106/

Hope you can adjust this in an update version.

Regards,

• Developer

Some points of attentions: Traffic into the tunnel and under the bridge (taxiway Q) are going in the ground.

What would be your solution? Should the cars crossing the Taxiway? Should that pop-out and in?

To lower the ground in this region is nearly impossible without other sideeffects, so I think the used solution is best possible.

What would be your solution? Should the cars crossing the Taxiway? Should that pop-out and in?

To lower the ground in this region is nearly impossible without other sideeffects, so I think the used solution is best possible.

Dear mr. Pabst, I just noticed it and would mention this. Maybe there is also a way to have a bridge, like in the Leipzig scenery. I don't know if this is possible.

I was certainly more than happy to buy this one. The least I can do in the face of continued FS2004 support for this kind of project.

Granted I had purchased the Cloud9 version only a mere month ago and I can't exactly play FS2004 at all at the moment due to an unfortunate icey slip a few weeks ago that's left me with a badly broken elbow, but I'm looking forward to having a play with both this and the FS9 version of Menorca X once I've recovered enough.

I'm lucky (well, in a way) it needed a surgical fix, as all those wires holding the bone together gives me more mobility at the moment than if I'd had a more typical fracture, but it will probably still be at least another month or two before I can comfortably use a throttle quadrant, yoke or stick again.

Such is life though, at least the AES support will be well and truly available by that point. :)

due to an unfortunate icey slip a few weeks ago that's left me with a badly broken elbow

I hope you're fine! One year ago a similar slip dislocated my shoulder. One hour later I had a surgery under anaesthetic.

So do enjoy your Schiphol, Bry! Nothing heals better than some good flying (well, maybe except for a beloved woman). :)