GPWS Sounds

coqui

First of all congratulations for this wonderful bird. Almost perfect release in regard bugs. Very high quality systems simulation.

One question only: in the GPWS sounds ( Calls out such as 1000, 500, etc) ) you guys seen to be using the default FSX ones. Any changes for the Airbus ones ? Thanks

First of all congratulations for this wonderful bird. Almost perfect release in regard bugs. Very high quality systems simulation.

One question only: in the GPWS sounds ( Calls out such as 1000, 500, etc) ) you guys seen to be using the default FSX ones. Any changes for the Airbus ones ? Thanks

Hi there! ;)

Well, the altitude callouts are not default FSX ones. In fact, FSX doesnt have altitude callouts by default. These are the ones like used in Boeing aircraft also. As from my knowledge Airbus used the same system until the A320 came. There they had these strange sounding different callouts. And then later, they had some new ones in the up to date aircraft. But for these old Airbuses, the callouts are correct ;)

Hi there! ;)

Well, the altitude callouts are not default FSX ones. In fact, FSX doesnt have altitude callouts by default. These are the ones like used in Boeing aircraft also. As from my knowledge Airbus used the same system until the A320 came. There they had these strange sounding different callouts. And then later, they had some new ones in the up to date aircraft. But for these old Airbuses, the callouts are correct ;)

Ok, I see now. Just the new buses ( 319, 320 ,etc) have the new airbus altitude calls. Well, NP. This bird is a really beautiful FSX native aircraft. Good job. Hope to see future planes with this quality and care. Thanks

One important thing - you must have the 2d panel loaded once! Don't load in the VC and stay there, otherwise, some system related stuff may not load properly. To go to the 2d panel while you are in the VC, press A a couple of times, to cycle through the view modes ;)

Callouts? Cant Hear any in approach? Am I doing something wrong?

Didn't notice because I count them loud by myself... but for me the Callouts are not there aswell!

I know upon first start of the A300 they were there, so they worked once but I don't know why, I can't hear them.

Same Problem for the Autopilot when reaching a selected Altitude.

Example:

climbing FL310, shouldn't the AP make a sound when passing FL300 or so to indicate that you're reaching FL310 and should press the ALT ACQ button?

I know the former SGA A300 for FS9 did!

Kind Rgds, Patrick

---EDIT---

P.S. I have the latest FSUIPC interimn update

Hi Patrick,

Did you load the 2D panel like I said? ;) then there should be no problems...

and yes, the AP will make a beeping sound when you almost reach the selected altitude. Yes, when you want the AP to climb/descent to a new altitude you need to press the ALT ACQ button. Also VS (selected VS required)

Hi,

OK, here's what's happening, the GPWS gauge is indeed only included in the 2D panel, I will make some changes so it also works in the VC. Can you believe it but we never noticed this during beta testing !

The way FSX works is that when you start in VC, only the gauges included in the VC are loaded, when you start in 2D the same thing happens. Once the gauge are loaded it doesn't matter if you switch views or anything they will continue to run. I will make sure the GPWS is moved outside the standard gauge system so it always works irrispective of which panel you load...

Björn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PypCqkbBiSU

In this video of a A300B4-200 landing, you can hear the same alt. callouts used in many different aircrafts :)