Screens on outer side - weather radar?

VPA159

Hi sorry for bringing this up again. I'm not asking for weather radar integration, I'm just asking if the screens on the side (not on the pedestal but the outer sides, left of the captain and right of the first officer) are supposed to be weather radar screens?

And the follow up question - If so, what would the VC coordinates for those spots be? i'm not asking for support on a 3rd party gauge, but I'm interested to know if there's any chance I'd be able to "glue" the RXP WX500 gauge in there somewhere. All that's needed are some VC coordinates. Supposing of course that FSX allows a gauge to be pasted on top of a panel bitmap, I've never tried doing that before, only direct gauge replacements.

Hi sorry for bringing this up again. I'm not asking for weather radar integration, I'm just asking if the screens on the side (not on the pedestal but the outer sides, left of the captain and right of the first officer) are supposed to be weather radar screens?

And the follow up question - If so, what would the VC coordinates for those spots be? i'm not asking for support on a 3rd party gauge, but I'm interested to know if there's any chance I'd be able to "glue" the RXP WX500 gauge in there somewhere. All that's needed are some VC coordinates. Supposing of course that FSX allows a gauge to be pasted on top of a panel bitmap, I've never tried doing that before, only direct gauge replacements.

No they are supposed to be emply. Also, they do not contain an active gauge mapping so you won't be able to place anything there ;) its just "decoration" :D

Thanks for the quick reply, wonder what those screens are in real life though.

I wish we could get a finite answer on Reality XP weather radar integration, seems that more than me have asked for this. Also it seems that RXP are really willing to assist in making this possible, Realair and Dreamfleet are two examples of developers who've gotten permission or help to integrate RXP gauges. A good business move on both RXP's and the developers' part I think.

No they are supposed to be emply. Also, they do not contain an active gauge mapping so you won't be able to place anything there ;) its just "decoration" :D

Could you change that in the SP and reserve that space for a 3d party gauge :-)

Yes in real life its a weather radar ;) Yes I can talk to Björn and maybe we can consider to make you an MDL for you to download which has a reserved gauge spot there ;) sounds like a good idea to me...

Appreciated Oliver for considering :D

Hi,

We have been looking at the requests to integrate 3rd party wx radar in the aircraft.

The way VC's are modelled it is not possible to simply add a gauge into the cockpit, it requires a change in the VC 3D model. We can and will not do that in our standard package because we don't support 3rd party add-ons to the aircraft as we don't know who created them, how they will react with the aircraft and what the impact will be on the performance of the aircraft!

That being said, after we have finished the first SP (will be done near the end of Feb) we will see if we can make a model update to fit a third party WX radar. Now keep in mind that for each type of radar a seperate model will have to be built! So if one person wants one type and someone else wants another type, that will NOT work, or we can continue making model updates until we drop dead ;)

I have no idea how many add-on wx radar are available on the market and what they are actually worth (taking into account that in FSX you can not have a good wx radar anyway due to the way FSX creates the wx), but if there's only 1 that's worth using and if that is the predminantly used one then Oli will make the effort to do it.

Don't expect anything before the end of March however... and please don't kill me if we decide not to do it in the end.

Björn

That being said, after we have finished the first SP (will be done near the end of Feb) we will see if we can make a model update to fit a third party WX radar. Now keep in mind that for each type of radar a seperate model will have to be built! So if one person wants one type and someone else wants another type, that will NOT work, or we can continue making model updates until we drop dead

That's of course true if you think about full integration into VC with controls, but even if you only make that area a VC gauge, any gauge screen could be put there. That's how it's done in PMDG JS4100, no need for dedicated buttons for every wx gauge on the market.

Björn

Björn I think you missed the point here and the suggestion is one model update with space reserved for a 3d party gauge

(weather radar without frame ;-)) So no need to re-model every time...

I would have done that in the first place actually I have lol ;-)

For me personal not a problem at all because most out there don't reflect the actual weather in FSX correct to begin with lol

As for a 3d party gauge they all can be installed into your product it will be only 2d space (pop-up) but they uses there own memory space to begin with so that wouldn't be a difference in 2d of 3d space...

Ps... is it in real life possible to start the engines with the APU generator switch off?