VC Night Flood - Too Bright

SLKVP

Hello to everybody

The only thing that I find needs to be somehow changed is the very strong (bright) VC light of the forward panels.

In an attempt to contribute, I have made a mod(ification) just to see

myself - initially - that there is a fix.

So I provide you with a comparison I have worked on.

It needs some more work though.

Please don't take me wrong; My intention is to help and contribute on an issue I believe it needs some remedy

and not to triger more complaints.

Thanks for this great aeroplane

Default VC

post-29865-126599657254_thumb.jpg

DARKened VC

post-29865-126599659025_thumb.jpg

Best regards

Sam

For me especially the Night Texture was beautyfull already.

It is a very special atmoshere flying into the Sunset and not looking onto a dark Panel.

No idea if the suggestion is "more real", but i would keep the original :wub:

For me especially the Night Texture was beautyfull already.

It is a very special atmoshere flying into the Sunset and not looking onto a dark Panel.

No idea if the suggestion is "more real", but i would keep the original wub.gif

I can see a poll coming rolleyes.gif

I can see a poll coming rolleyes.gif

Why ?

It is just another Livery, this time for the Interior ;)

Should not be a big thing to provide them with a manual, how to exchange them.

Or Björn has to expand the Livery installer ;)

On ground with flood lights on - yes. But during flight flood lights are usually turned off so they don't distract pilots. You're not driving car at night with flood light on either.

Also, these night time cockpit shots are usually taken with long exposure time (look at the light spots, they glow like they were burning). In reality cockpit flood may not be so bright .

Does the VC lighting also work in dusk and dawn?

Or does it go on and off when FSX "thinks" it should go on and off?

Certain E-Jet and ERJ payware has this behavior and I find this more annoying than a too bright VC.

Alex

Does the VC lighting also work in dusk and dawn?

Or does it go on and off when FSX "thinks" it should go on and off?

Certain E-Jet and ERJ payware has this behavior and I find this more annoying than a too bright VC.

Alex

Alex,

I don't have E-jet and ERJ payware but fortunately in A300B4-200 VC lighting is pilot operated. :)

Sam

Thanks, Sam.

Looks like I really have to get this birdie. :wub:

Alex

Hi,

is there a way to program a Dome light like we have it and a Instrument light, which just lighten up the instrument or is this to hard regarding the framerates?

Best

Steffen Rabenau

That may be also interesting for the devs:

You can use the "smokesystem" section in the aircraft.cfg and add a dome light there. Then you can switch this on by pressing the "i" key.

It will work only if at least one engine is running.

PMDG used that in the MD-11.

Alex

ah yes, adding the default FSX VC light would light up everything... but you will have to place that on the proper position, otherwise it will not work. Well you can set the setting to brightest and that will light up the gauges very bright? Not sure which switch exactly (shame on me :D ) but its up there... with all the light switches... there should be dim and brt.

We didnt put in the VC light as this kinda ruins the whole look of the baked night textures ;) but if you like it? hm..

I think that we are talking of two different thing here.

The Airbus A-300 has two main panel lightings like most of the airliners. The backlit instrument and the panel flood light.

And the night cockpit looks completely different whether you have just the instruments backlight on or the instrument backlight in combination with the flood light.

The photography Oli uploaded shows the Airbus with the flood light on. And as I understand it, that is the situation SimCheck simulated.

The other lighting situation, with the flood light off and just the backlit instruments, would look like this:

g5et3vou.jpg

Yes, thats true... we have the Flood Lights plus Integral Lights setup in our aircraft. This pic would be integral lights only... unfortunatly, FSX allows only one night texture for a material so we had to choose... :mellow: in fact its pretty hard to have it all independent. Not the same thing as for different external lights for example (for instance, we now have the logo light display independent in SP1) - But in this case, its a lot more difficult. Because you would need 2 different light maps for ONE material...

maybe there is a workaround but I am not quite sure... hm. But of any possiblity I think of - it would cause some serious performance loss... not sure huch much exactly, but it will for sure. Hm.

Hm....

If you use the .fx for VC light then you certainly won't have the nice night textures any more!

Of course the backlight by textures yes, but the panel itself would be light up by one or two lights (fx) in the cockpit and destroy the atmosphere of the MIP with the night textures of flood!

IMO the night lighning of the MIP is very very fine but yes a bit too bright when enabling daytime or dusk sometimes for the pedestal!

I suggest darken the MIP only a little bit and the pedestal a bit more so that düring dusk dawn/day the pedestla with the CDU doesn't look this bright and nearly overlighted white.

For the Overhead, its absolutely fine with light!

If you install a FSX fx light you'd destroy that too because the light would fall onto that as well I guess!

What really would be more of interest is the FE panel during night!

because this one with the night texture is really really bright !

Rgds, Patrick

Hi

I would agree with Patrick, if there is going to be an fx light, then a different set of "darkened" textures would be needed,

than, if there was is no fx light.

Sam