Dimona X Preview

On a related note, might I propose to the developers that now might be a very good time to trim this forum and remove all `non-current` questions that don't assist with current state-of-play?

So doing will remove the need for the repetitive questioning by new arrivals on issues that have long since been discussed, but which no-one seems interested in searching for as you have to shovel through tons of **** to get to the `good` stuff. Most people will scan read through three or four pages.

Snave, I agree with your comment and would like to expand on it. I would like to see the screenshot preview topics be locked to prevent replies. That way as new new preview shots are posted, they are not buried on page 20-something of a thread. (ie. Nick's recent Katana screenshots.) I would have never seen them if a link wasn't shown on the front page of the Simflight.com site. I am not going to wade through all the "Nice pictures...", "Looks good...", "Is this going to be included..." type posts to find new preview shots.

Aerosoft, please consider locking screenshot preview posts. If folks want to discuss them, allow a separate thread.

No, it wasn't me. It was a friend of mine who wanted to make his CVFR exam flight.

Thanks for the kind words :-)

Oh, ok. As far as i have seen he did everything well.

And he was the only one who was not performing a go-around while we have gliders flying. Normally that's forbidden at our airfield, but usually nobody cares :P.

News on the Dimona.

We got a very nice windmilling prop now. It reacts on speed and Prop pitch. Once it stays in one position (wich depends on engine compression, wich you can actually see) you can even move it via wind forces, i.e. flying faster or do a side slip. You can even air start it, but this is not recommended, because you must fly very fast to to it, and it is not guaranteed, that it works.

A small video demonstrating it will follow as soon as I cleaned the cockpit :D

Bests Joachim

• Upvote 1

News on the Dimona.

We got a very nice windmilling prop now. It reacts on speed and Prop pitch. Once it stays in one position (wich depends on engine compression, wich you can actually see) you can even move it via wind forces, i.e. flying faster or do a side slip. You can even air start it, but this is not recommended, because you must fly very fast to to it, and it is not guaranteed, that it works.

A small video demonstrating it will follow as soon as I cleaned the cockpit :D

Bests Joachim

Nice!!! :lol: :lol:

Awesome screenshots Nick,

and awesome work Joachim!!

Can't wait to take this one up over my FTX regions...

Oops, it appears I keeps spamming this topic with 'I like' posts :blush:

aerosoft_dimona_020.jpg

Nick, i know how the real Dimona looks like, so please start showing us some screenshots of the simulation! :lol:

By the Way, what are those two handles in the middle of the cockpit for?

Ok, thank you Finn.

The Throttle is looking a little ugly, really. But if that's how it is in the real Dimona...

...Anyway, looking forward :)

Ok, thank you Finn.

The Throttle is looking a little ugly, really. But if that's how it is in the real Dimona...

...Anyway, looking forward :)

Considering the exceptional modeling done by Joachim on the rest of the Dimona, I´m sure it has to look ugly to be realistic ;)

Finn

Someone tried to make a nice wooden grip for it...

It seems, he wasn't that successful LOL

...possible... :lol:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hey guys,

in the video below, you can see the physics behind the prop of this little plane.

Looking foreward to your comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD0oqtIkqaM

Have no experience with gliders/motorgliders in FSX or even in real life and therefore skipped the DiscusX. But this one will definitely be on my shortlist!! Only need to allocate some additional budget. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Good decision :-)

Don't worry, normally you move the Dimona exactly like a Cessna or something, but with the option to do some gliding. It flies a bit different, but you'll have much fun! The view out of it is wonderfull. In cruise flight, you can see things directly in front of your feet. The video does not show this because the plane was flowen slower than cruise flight.

Cheers, Joachim

Very good video. It really gives me the same impression of flying a motorglider then flying a real one.

And thank you for giving the releasemonth in the videodiscribtion ;)