Dimona X Preview

Then just wait for the feature list :)

It is not just another GA like addon, there is room for alot of challenging flights with the option to learn about gliding.

Finn

• Upvote 1

At first i thought this was a pure glider with an engine to assist take off and a little flight, but now i know it has the option of gliding this one has shot to the top of my wishlist. Definitely i'll be getting it, will there be a DVD version though or just a download?

Kind regards,

Wouter

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

At first i thought this was a pure glider with an engine to assist take off and a little flight, but now i know it has the option of gliding this one has shot to the top of my wishlist. Definitely i'll be getting it, will there be a DVD version though or just a download?

Kind regards,

Wouter

It's not yet decided if there will be a boxed version, but seeing the amount of attention it gets the chances are getting better! Not very soon though.

Thanks for the heads-up Mathijs. Have to make the decision between waiting or downloading then. Ah well, still have some time before it come's out.

Kind regards,

Wouter

I used to be a motorglider pilot, and from the video, I have to say that it looks unreal.

The handling looks sloppy at low speeds! :)

The windmill start looks like the real thing, and the windmilling after shutdown in flight looks proper.

Though on the mg I flew you had to release the feather handle whenever you gained speed.

Anyways, love it!

Will be getting it!

I used to be a motorglider pilot, and from the video, I have to say that it looks unreal.

The handling looks sloppy at low speeds! :)

The windmill start looks like the real thing, and the windmilling after shutdown in flight looks proper.

Though on the mg I flew you had to release the feather handle whenever you gained speed.

Anyways, love it!

Will be getting it!

Not sure how the MG flies, but Joachim has flown ALOT of hours in the real Dimona, and I can assure that he has spanked me many many hours to get the animation of the prop right ;)

Finn

• Upvote 2

Not sure how the MG flies, but Joachim has flown ALOT of hours in the real Dimona, and I can assure that he has spanked me many many hours to get the animation of the prop right ;)

Finn

It shows. It looks awesome!

Finn

Video of that..? :P;)

Hey guys,

in the video below, you can see the physics behind the prop of this little plane.

Looking forward to your comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD0oqtIkqaM

Very nice! I fly IRL on a Diamond Super Dimona. I did my first powerless landing with it last summer at EHVB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_QqmMYImsM.

Didn't have the original H36 have a governor to control the proppitch? Also a tip: don't-EVER-do any turns more than 10degrees at slow speed or powerless. Though the Dimona is docile and has no tendency to spin, it CAN suddenly drop you down.

Damn you Aerosoft, you keep costing me money tongue.gif

Also a tip: don't-EVER-do any turns more than 10degrees at slow speed or powerless. Though the Dimona is docile and has no tendency to spin, it CAN suddenly drop you down.

The Dimona is very docile, so what do you name "low speeds" ?

You can easily circle it in a thermal with 90kph or below and at least 30° bank angle. No problem.

The only thing where a Dimona gets tricky is a stall with throttle full open.

Keep in mind that the Super Dimona is a completely different plane that only looks a bit similar.

Nevertheless you'll have great fun with the FSX version :-)

Bests Joachim

Looking very good! Unfortunately only a modern Super DImona would have been interesting to me, but congrats to this really nice addon. Also using a custom GPS shows that you really pay attention the details, many others would have just added the FS standard GPS. Maybe in the future there will be a nice HK36TTC tricycle.. ;)

I hope they release the Dimona bevor the Katana.

Is this the first Flight sim AddOn who use the effect with the bugs on the Window? Im really looking forward to this effect and the other features. :)

Looks very impressive..... So would there be any chance of seeing a features list????????????

David

Later, yes :-)

Is this the first Flight sim AddOn who use the effect with the bugs on the Window? Im really looking forward to this effect and the other features. :)

No it isn't

Cheers Joachim