Dimona X Preview

Ok, the HK did look a bit newer. and a bit different with the tricycle gear, cockpit layout and wings. Prob. different engine as well?

Out of curiosity - what are the differences between the three instrumentation levels? Can you post developer's screenshots of each or perhaps state which instruments will (probably) be in each?

The HK is newer, yes, and everything is different, the plane, the engine, the cockpit, the performance.

Nick will show you some screenshots, soon :-)

Cheers, Joachim

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the delay, a couple of setbacks today.

Here are three images that display the VC panel for each of the variants included in the package.

aerosoft_dimona_022.jpg

aerosoft_dimona_023.jpg

aerosoft_dimona_024.jpg

• Upvote 2

Fantastic pictures (as always by mr churchill), what scenery is that in the background of the airbrake picture? I'm a sucker for instrument close ups...

Also, and not meaning to dismiss the excellent work on your GPS, as it seems to have all the most useful features, but will you have an RXP enabled model? I'm thinking the 430 would fit beautifully in the centre console... perhaps in place of the nav radio unit (the GPS has a nav unit built in and a backup radio is preferable I think)

BTW is the Hoffmann H36 manual I found here usable?: http://www.dimonamotorglider.com/DimonaFlightManual.doc

There will be no RXP model.

The manual can be used, but be aware, that the propeller is different. So most performance data and limitations are different.

Cheers, Joachim

This looks and sounds fantastic! Getting two high quality GA aircraft with advanced modeling within such a small timeframe is like Christmas... except that I have to pay for the present myself. :lol:

Since this is close to release can I ask.

How are the FPS looking compared to lets say the MS 172?

Only slightly lower, so if You normally don´t have problems with FPS in FSX, then You won´t have with the Dimona X.

Turning the GPS on in MAP mode will reduce FPS somewhat - just like on all other aircraft, also the default ones.

Finn

• Aerosoft

Get a free flight in the real Dimona at our conference this weekend!

To celebrate the release of the H36 Dimona we asked the main developer Joachim Schweigler to fly the real aircraft to the Paderborn-Lippstad airport this Saturday. And if you lucky and clever (and under 100 Kg) he'll take you for a ride in that great little aircraft. You'll be in a prime position to see that our simulation is very accurate. Of course the Dimona is a pure VFR aircraft so if the weather does not allow it we cannot complete this small contest.

To win the free flight (there will be only one) you have to do four things:

1. Print the German checklist and bring it to the conference
  2. Find Finn Jacobsen (he did most of the systems and gauges) and make him sign it
  3. Find Mathijs Kok (the project manager from Aerosoft for this project) and make him sign it
  4. Be the first to present this checklist to Joachim.

That's all, see you on Saturday!