Dimona X Preview

I must say, even though I have the Katana, I will still buy this, as the prop dynamics are amazing, by the looks of things... wub.gif

Craig biggrin.gif

You should not buy the Dimona, though you bought the Katana. You should buy it, BECAUSE you bought the Katana. You can compare 2 planes, wich are very different, but have the same roots. The Dimona ist the first one of this family and the Katana a very late one.

Different company though.

Some people say, the Katana is a clipped Super Dimona :D

Bests Joachim

• Upvote 4

I must say, even though I have the Katana, I will still buy this, as the prop dynamics are amazing, by the looks of things... wub.gif

Craig biggrin.gif

I bought the Katana on release Date, i didnt know that the Katana has nearly the same new amazing features like the Dimona. It is a complet new feeling in FlightSim for me. Now im realy more agog for the Dimona.

What for a plane would like PMDG to release? :P just joking...

THX for this wonderfull Katana

will the feature list of the dimona be similar to that one of the katana? btw: nice video

Yes, in most flying aspects. Maybe a few more little features.

The things it will not have are all the maintenance stuff and so on.

One note on dieseling effect.

It appears, if the engine is hot (after landing for example and can be avoided if you open throttle after switching off the ignition. This often helps :-)

Cheers, Joachim

• Upvote 1

Yes, in most flying aspects. Maybe a few more little features.

The things it will not have are all the maintenance stuff and so on.

One note on dieseling effect.

It appears, if the engine is hot (after landing for example and can be avoided if you open throttle after switching off the ignition. This often helps :-)

Cheers, Joachim

Will it have a Hobbs meter? =)

P.S.: It's useful to keep track of the time you spent flying with a certain aircraft =)

(which I always find nice...)

You can still do that... with the FSX Logbook! :D

Another teaser for the Dimona X.

It shows engine startup procedure with use of Choke.

It also shows engine "dieseling" and how to cease it.

Finn

• Upvote 4

Sure, but you would not see much apart from two lighting LEDs.

The current versions are not NVFR certified.

I will MAYBE do a NVFR version after release, but not in the first version.

BTW I would not do night flight wih the Dimona in real life. Though I never had an engine stop or something, it has no double ignition and you know what happenes IF the engine stoppes in the dark.

The first versions will be:

Simple: Only the most needed instruments plus GPS

Gliding: Version with radio nvigation equipment but without gyro plus GPS and SDI C4 competition.

CVFR: Radio navigation equipment, gyro, GPS and stopwatch, for serious cross country flying and or CVFR training.

Best regards, Joachim

• Upvote 2

Hi guys,

here is the first inofficial feature list of the Dimona:

Aerosoft Dimona X feature list:

Professional development by the developers of the Discus and the Huey.

• Three different versions. Glider equipped, CVFR equipped and simple.
  • Very detailed visual model of an used aircraft.
  • Dynamic wing flex that reacts on g-force (Not comparable to standard wing flex system).
  • Cockpit shakes on ground roll, stall, sideslip and due to engine vibrations
  • Dynamic overstress prevention system (ailerons up).
  • Custom propeller animations of blade pitch and slow RPM's:
  • Takes a realistic 1m20s from full fine to full feather.
  • Engine compression noticeable on prop movement
  • Propeller stopping position affected by airspeed and side slip.
  • Realistic windmill start-up possible.
  • Wind milling propeller produces drag, which reduces gliding performance, and helps during landing.
  • Smashed insects appear on the windscreen and leading edge of the wings (only during summer - can be cleaned on the ground).
  • Very accurate flight model allowing slip and spins.
  • High quality sound set recorded in and from the real aircraft in flight and on the ground.
  • Engine damage due to over speeding or overheating.
  • Engine will "diesel" on shut down when hot.
  • Custom calculated values for Oil temp and CHT.
  • CHT dependent on cowl flap position.
  • Choke has effect on engine roughness when cold and drowns engine when warmed up.
  • Instruments needles react on vibrations and aero dynamical influences.
  • Custom electrical fuel pump.
  • All circuit breakers are functional.
  • Circuit breakers for COMM, NAV and Transponder might trip if they are on during engine start.
  • Accurate function of parking brake system.
  • SDI C4 competition glider computer and audible variometer with realistic total energy compensation.
  • Automatic warning signs in the VC if the user sets up FSX wrong.
  • Load save module:
  • Automatically saves panel state and fuel qty when aircraft is standing still on the ground with engine off.
  • Automatically loads panel state when the aircraft is loaded / reloaded.
  • Accurate simulation of the MT propeller control unit:
  • Uses an electric motor to control blade pitch, requiring that electrical power is available for the unit.
  • If the circuit breaker is switch off in start position, you might over speed the engine.
  • Auto position for constant speed control.
  • Glide position for feathering the propeller blades.
  • Rotary knob for RPM adjustment
  • Aerosoft sound module with over 150 sounds for all controls and for:
  • Switch and lever sounds.
  • Special engine sounds.
  • Wind sounds for side slip and windows.
  • MT-propeller electric motor.
  • Custom transponder.
  • Custom GPS:
  • Monochrome LCD look.
  • Free positioning (Not in Windows Vista).
  • Setup page for selection of what to show on the GPS map.
  • Accepts FSX flight plans when loaded from the FSX flight plan menu page.
  • Direct-To function.
  • NRST station Airport, VOR, NDB and fixes can be selected for Direct-To's.
  • Cursor mode where you can select any position on the map as a Direct-To.
  • HSI page showing ground track, flight plan leg bearing and cross track deviation.
  • Custom old style VOR.
  • Compass that really floats in fluid.
  • Original Checklist of the D-KGAF including weight and balance sheet.

Bests Joachim

• Upvote 5

Wow, What a features list. The only problem with having all these great VFR aircraft, The Katana, The Discus, The Huey etc is you have to have decent scenery to fly them over. I can see the credit cards taking another pounding!!!! Looking forward to the release of the Dimona.

David

Hi.....I own The Falcon Microlite and The new Marcel Katana. But after watch all this features here seems that I will get this one for sure!

Regards

Yeah beeing a somewhat light aircraft our simulated version is far from lightweight.

We have done our utmost to simulate all systems as far as our own + FSX limitations allows.

Key features are engine behaviour, the somewhat special propeller control unit as well as the custom GPS.

The flightmodel is very accurate and flight behaviour is further enhanced with sound and cockpit buffeting and gauge needle vibrations affected by both physical and aerodynamical influences.

Though it could be stated that the Dimona X is just another GA addon for FSX, this is far from true.

What You will get is an addon that can be used as a normal GA aircraft for cross country flights taking advantage of it splendid all round vision for exploring Your favorit scenery.

The enhanced engine simulation requires the use of the Choke for cold starts. If the engine is hot, the Choke will drown the engine.

A first (as far as I´m aware) is also the ability to do windmill starts.

Engine failure is also simulated, though not something that will happen often, only if You manhandle it.

We also managed to add the "dieseling" effect experienced on the real engine when it is shut down while hot.

But it really doesn´t stop there, cause at the same time it is a glider that can be used for soaring.

If You think soaring is a silent boresome thing, You really should reconsider.

Coupled with the freeware application CumulusX (found here: http://luerkens.homepage.t-online.de/peter/) You will turn FSX into a realy good soaring simulation.

I´m sure You will find that soaring with CumulusX will add a whole new dimension and challenge to Your FSX experience and it is not even hard to install and setup.

Everybody can fly a motorised aircraft, but beeing able to find thermic or ridgelift and use that to Your advantage is a different thing and the very realistc simulation of the C4 competition variometer will be a good help to hone Your soaring skills.

For soaring sounds are very important and You will find that the sound system used in Dimona X does a really good job too.

Finn

Finn,

even without any motorized help, soaring isn't boresome at all :-) it can be a real thrill planning an overland for a couple of hours and fly a few hundreds of KM without a single drop of fuel. Or doing stall turns, loopings etc etc :-)

cheers,

Jan

Finn,

even without any motorized help, soaring isn't boresome at all :-) it can be a real thrill planning an overland for a couple of hours and fly a few hundreds of KM without a single drop of fuel. Or doing stall turns, loopings etc etc :-)

cheers,

Jan

Yep..

The funniest flight I ever has done was in a glider.

I also hope that the Dimona X will become a good entry point into pure gliding.

Then I´m sure that the Discus Glider X and Discus Glider K will become even more interesting.

For realistic winch operations use the frewware Winch X also available at Peter Luerkens site.

Discus Glider X: http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11133&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation

Discus Glider K: http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11231&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation

Finn

• Upvote 1

Don't know if you've seen this, but here's a couple of official Diamond vids about the Dimona from Flightlevel20's youtube channel:

Preflight:

Startup, cruise, soar and landing (power on and off):

• Upvote 1