Dimona X Preview

The Dimona is almost finished.

This may sound great, but let me tell you that the last bits are very time consuming.

The thing flies great already. However, I must fly the real thing again (wich I can't do at the moment due to weather and the fact, that it has no prop at the moment, lol), to check up a few things like the AoA in flight. I must be totally sure here, because it looks really strange in FSX and customers WILL complain. But thats how it is in real life.

The propeller animation needs to be rewritten.

The Sounds has to be tuned a bit, altough it sounds pretty much like the real thing already :-)

And last but not least, there are some things to be tuned on the 3D front, plus adding a second version for full CVFR flight.

Best regards Joachim

Thanks for this update. Take your time ;)

Have you been able to fly the real Dimona today? Here where I life we got about 13°C today and the whole sky was clear of any clouds. I think today would have been a good day for flying.

We also did with out motorglider we got in our flying club at EDLD, so you should have been able to do so.

LOL Emi, I know you live in Oberhausen, only a few km from me, but today it was definitely no good weather for what I need to check ;-)

We had a visibility of maximum 8km and maximum wind of 25kts (gusts) And that cross in EDLE. Definitely nothing to check the AoA :D Sorry.

(Same prob yesterday)

Cheers Joachim

Good to hear! I'm really looking forward to it

How good are the flightdynamics now? Is there the need to correct it in any way or were the previous flightdynamics ok?

The flightdynamics are really perfect in terms of AoA and performance. The feeling is ok now and John works on this end. The last thing to be done is the stall and spin behaviour.

Cheers Joachim

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

are there any new news? It has been a little time since the last post here and i'm asking myself how close we are to release. I know you won't give the releasedate, but i'm sure you can tell us what is still missing.

Do you think a release in the next month is possible? I would be happy if so.

• Aerosoft

Hello,

are there any new news? It has been a little time since the last post here and i'm asking myself how close we are to release. I know you won't give the releasedate, but i'm sure you can tell us what is still missing.

Do you think a release in the next month is possible? I would be happy if so.

I think April is most certainly possible unless other projects creep in. The flight model is being tested at this moment and it is amazingly accurate.

• Upvote 1

That's great to hear. Thanks for using your sunday-time for giving me this information.

By the way, regarding the last few posts on this forum am I the only guy who is still interested in the Dimona?

Hopefully not, because the project needs to gets financed somehow. If i'm already talking about that, do you have ideas on how much this will be? About 18€ or something else?

I am watching the topic since the first post, I look every day fpr new posts ;-), and i think you have to may more than 18 euro, its an very tme intensive projekt to create a good payware plane, the real dimona flights have to be paid, the programming software is certainly no freeware, and so on.... but you have to think of the great navigation advice, the nice cockpit, he bugs on the wings and all the other features imo 18 euros were much to less for that kind of a plane!

Emi, You are not the only one awaiting this plane. You are the only one persistently taking the developers away from the task of completing it to answer inane questions. Do you think they won't release it when it's ready..?

It's here when it's here. And when it's here, we'll hear. Clear..? :lol:

• Upvote 2

Emi, You are not the only one awaiting this plane. You are the only one persistently taking the developers away from the task of completing it to answer inane questions. Do you think they won't release it when it's ready..?

It's here when it's here. And when it's here, we'll hear. Clear..? :lol:

May I ask where i'm saying that I would be afraid that they might not release it? For me it's only very difficould to wait because i'm at the airport every weekend and so i see and fly those gliders and motorgliders every week. That's why i'm so impaitent. Sorry for that.

Anyway it's always easy to say it's here when it's here, but I think it's good to know when it'll be released so that i can plan better what i will buy when. Also clear? :P

May I ask where i'm saying that I would be afraid that they might not release it? For me it's only very difficould to wait because i'm at the airport every weekend and so i see and fly those gliders and motorgliders every week. That's why i'm so impaitent. Sorry for that.

Anyway it's always easy to say it's here when it's here, but I think it's good to know when it'll be released so that i can plan better what i will buy when. Also clear? :P

Clear...

But also note that calculating a release date is next to impossible.

You never know wich troubles You run in to during developement.

We might tell that we are 95% finished, but those last 5% before being finished might be the complex part, wich takes double as much time to get done than the 95%.

So bottom line is that we are only missing a few items,but these might take some time to finish.

Finn

• Upvote 1

Clear. As is the fact that you have never worked on software development in your life. As Finn says, It's the last 5% that takes the most time. Consider this also: If you hadn't asked your cumulative questions in this and the Katana thread, BOTH aircraft might already be released. Note if you will how yours and others inane questions are now making it difficult for new arrivals - those who DO understand that previews being shown to the major flght simulation sites mean that development is OBVIOUSLY ongoing and nearing completion - to find the answers they seek and now THEY are repeating questions that were previously answered. Consider how your constant badgering for your own personal reassurance has assisted the process in any way, shape or form?

Are you seriously telling us that you sit there worrying that a flight simulator project might never be completed when it's at this late stage of development, and with the issues going on around the World right now? That's a nasty level of insecurity when at no stage whatsoever have the developers or Aerosoft ever indicated development was not ongoing.

Seek professional help! :blush:

On a related note, might I propose to the developers that now might be a very good time to trim this forum and remove all `non-current` questions that don't assist with current state-of-play?

So doing will remove the need for the repetitive questioning by new arrivals on issues that have long since been discussed, but which no-one seems interested in searching for as you have to shovel through tons of **** to get to the `good` stuff. Most people will scan read through three or four pages.

Well Emi, Snave...

We don´t have any problems with people asking abou current state.

It's up to us wether we want to tell about it or not.

Problem is that people expect prove that progress has been made.

But often progress can´t be shown by screenshots.

Progress might be in the form of some minor texture or model refinements, something You can´t see on a static screenshot.

Or more probably code additions and bugfixing.

It doesn´t take long to make the overall modelling, texturing and initial coding - thats the 95% of work.

What takes time are the refinements as well as getting the numbers of gauges to read correct in all kind of conditions, especially when You deal with 100% custom coded items, like CHT, Voltmeter as well as special code for various kinds of animations and functions not available through the standard FSX SDK.

So - enjoy You current addons and look forward to addons like the Katana, CRJ and Dimona - whenever they are ready for release.

Finn

• Upvote 1

Hi Joachim,

Was it you who flew to EDLD with the D-KGAF today? I'f seen your aircraft there. Really nice one.

And that was really the proof of your skills in moddeling. The real aircraft looks exactly like the one on the screenshots!