Dimona X Preview

I hope so...I don't wait any longer!

...If that means, that you stop asking for news every second day, -fine, thanks

Joachim ,

Think your Dimona looks great. I shall be buying it when it's released!!!! I have never flown a Dimona but I was wondering if the glider performance will be good enough to thermal and use ridge lift produced by Cumulus X??? Also does the propellor feather???

The peroformance will be the almost same as the original one. We must fake several things to get it done, but it will be very very close.

The most annoing thing is the engine / propeller / sound model. FSX wasn't made for such small piston engines. This brings troubles similar to the aux engines of the discus glider.

But in a touring motorglider the engine is far more important, so we must work on this end. (BTW the main topic at the moment)

However it will be possible (or is actually) to cycle in a thermal or ridge, exactly as you can to in the real one.

Very good for motor plane pilots, rather poor, for glider pilots, but a nice thing between them ;-)

- - -

Regarding G109, Rotax Dimonas or several other motorgliders you asked for or will ask for in the future:

This topic showes the H36 Dimona, nothing more, nothing less. You see how long it takes to deliver ONE SIMPLE motorglider.

It is not worth asking for new types while the one isn't released yet. We can talk about the other things later.

Bes regards Joachim

• Upvote 3

Joachim,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm sure that developing the Dimona is taking a lot of time. It's nice to see such effort put into a product!!! With regards to the G-109 I only thought you might want to know of the customer base in the UK for it. I understand what you develop is completely up to you.

Many Thanks

David

Joachim,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm sure that developing the Dimona is taking a lot of time. It's nice to see such effort put into a product!!! With regards to the G-109 I only thought you might want to know of the customer base in the UK for it. I understand what you develop is completely up to you.

Many Thanks

David

Well actually it is not, because if he'd make an aircraft which he likes (whatever it would be) but which the other guys don't know/or even worse like there wouldn't be paying customers, who are the main focus on which a projekt is about. please don't forget that, because every product which is developed is you can say chosen by the customer and only build by the company. To give an example: I'm sure Aerosoft wouldn't make an VERY complex add-on (even more than PMDG) if it would take far to much FPS because the systemsdepth is far to much... so they do a lighter version of the plaine because the customer wants so. (becasue the customers can use it then^^)

but to get back to the Dimona topic: i'd like to know how long a runway must be to get it started there. would already 300m be enough, or does it need more? how much exactly?

Regards

Emi

• 2 weeks later...

Well actually it is not, because if he'd make an aircraft which he likes (whatever it would be) but which the other guys don't know/or even worse like there wouldn't be paying customers, who are the main focus on which a projekt is about. please don't forget that, because every product which is developed is you can say chosen by the customer and only build by the company. To give an example: I'm sure Aerosoft wouldn't make an VERY complex add-on (even more than PMDG) if it would take far to much FPS because the systemsdepth is far to much... so they do a lighter version of the plaine because the customer wants so. (becasue the customers can use it then^^)

but to get back to the Dimona topic: i'd like to know how long a runway must be to get it started there. would already 300m be enough, or does it need more? how much exactly?

Regards

Emi

Hi Emi,

we have one HK 36 Superdimona ( i think 80 Hp Rotax) at our Airfield, the runway is ca. 800m long, our dimona needs ca.3/4 of the runway till she takes up..., i think our hk 36 would need 500 metres for take off (our runway is very bumpy at the end). think of temperature, air pressure an wind, all these factors are important for the take off length, but i dont think that you are ever able to start this lady within 300 meters.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

are there any new things on this?

Maybe some screenshots or a video please?

I want to fly the Dimona and that as soon as possible, so please tell me how the development goes on!

• Aerosoft

Hello,

are there any new things on this?

Maybe some screenshots or a video please?

I want to fly the Dimona and that as soon as possible, so please tell me how the development goes on!

I flown an early beta yesterday and although there is some work to be done it starts to looks fine. Here are some shots from me experimenting at Matekane field (pretty exiting airport...)

post-43-072864900 1291994363_thumb.jpg

post-43-066045600 1291994367_thumb.jpg

post-43-092630600 1291994369_thumb.jpg

post-43-031170600 1291994371_thumb.jpg

post-43-076020600 1291994372_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

there are also some exciting planes at this airfield :) your dimona looks realy nice Oo

will it be finished this year? i know this question goes on your nerves... but i am sooo exciting about the release ;)

greats

LOL, yes, these questions are rather annoying, though I can understand you.

The answer is: I simply don't know. We are currently wporking very hard on both the Dimona and the Huey, but there are so many unforeseen problems to solve...

We just spent 4 hours trying to get a simple gyro sound working as we want to have it... without success...

Bests Joachim

LOL, yes, these questions are rather annoying, though I can understand you.

The answer is: I simply don't know. We are currently wporking very hard on both the Dimona and the Huey, but there are so many unforeseen problems to solve...

We just spent 4 hours trying to get a simple gyro sound working as we want to have it... without success...

Bests Joachim

Take your time, many of us prefer to have a bug-free product 2 months later than a "flying-texture" (read C*R*N*D*) before Christmas...

^_^

A little update:

in this picture you can see the working propeller control unit.

It works like the real one. You can set the in flight RPM with the knob and feather the prop with the switch for gliding.

The RPM is controlled online via prop pitch as you can see on manifold pressure.

post-5802-025151400 1292436480_thumb.jpg

RPM gauge lower right

man press upper right

prop controller upper left

Best regards, Joachim

• Upvote 2

All main gauges are implemented and working now.

OK...The clock, the xponder and the GPS are missing, where I am not sure how to handle this GPS.

But generally the plane is flyable now :-)

The instruments have the same characteristics as the real ones. For example the variometer showes nearly 100ft/min too much.

post-5802-084800300 1293044257_thumb.jpg

Note that this is the glider optimized version with SDI C4 gauge. There will be a fully CVFR version as well wich contains a gyro instead of the SDIC4 for better handling on cross country flights.

Bests Joachim

• Upvote 6

I'm really looking forward to this.

Like many others have stated before, I would also suggest that you don't rush or start feeling pushed.

Take your time and don't forget that your family and friends are way more important than any flightsim-product. So enjoy your holidays, have a great new year's eve and take a well deserved rest.

Best regards and season's greetings

Chris

• Upvote 1

Not untill now :D

I suppose it doesn't have an updatable database, does it? That would really be nice though!

If there's one thing the FS VFR community is still missing, it's a nice Garmin GPS with an updatable database, like a 495 or even a noble 695. Or a nice touchscreen Aera 500? Imagine cruising around in your average Piper with such a shiny, fresh device... With reporting points, current CTR and airspace layout, terrain database... If someone programmed something like that and offered monthly, even half annual cycles, I'd soooo buy that!

If there's one thing the FS VFR community is still missing, it's a nice Garmin GPS with an updatable database, like a 495 or even a noble 695. Or a nice touchscreen Aera 500? Imagine cruising around in your average Piper with such a shiny, fresh device... With reporting points, current CTR and airspace layout, terrain database... If someone programmed something like that and offered monthly, even half annual cycles, I'd soooo buy that!

RXP GNS.

Have you ever seen....

post-5802-056147200%201293456327_thumb.jpg

a working monochrome LCD GPS in FSX?

How long did it take to code that?

Thank you all :-)

Have you ever seen....

a working monochrome LCD GPS in FSX?

Looking good, but one question though:

Do you really want to fly a 273nm leg with a dimona? ;)

And what is the function of the pointer if i may ask?

I suppose it doesn't have an updatable database, does it? That would really be nice though!

No of course not, it is pretty simple. And you don't need features like this in a dimona ;-)

How long did it take to code that?

Top secret ;-) But it wasn't that easy...

Looking good, but one question though:

Do you really want to fly a 273nm leg with a dimona?

Why not?

Calculate yourself: around 80 liters fuel

around 160 kph

around 11 liters per hour furel consumption.

I would say, the range it quite good. And the seats are comfortable so it is easily possible

And what is the function of the pointer if i may ask?

It showes where to fly if you use the GOTO funktion.

Bests Joachim

• Upvote 2

All LCD Displays are now in.

Note that the SDI C4 got a new look to make it fit to the other Displays. It looks more real now. The fonts are a bit bright because you look at the gauge from a wrong angle. :-)

The transponder works as well in all 4 states. Off (lol), stand by, on and alt.

If you click VFR, the code 7000 will appear. (european VFR squawk)

SEL, STO and IDT are inop, they are rather useless in FSX.

You must decide....

Do you want to use the GPS or your co pilot? or both? No problem, just drag it where you want :-)

All LCD Displays are now in.

Note that the SDI C4 got a new look to make it fit to the other Displays. It looks more real now. The fonts are a bit bright because you look at the gauge from a wrong angle. :-)

The transponder works as well in all 4 states. Off (lol), stand by, on and alt.

If you click VFR, the code 7000 will appear. (european VFR squawk)

SEL, STO and IDT are inop, they are rather useless in FSX.

You must decide....

Do you want to use the GPS or your co pilot? or both? No problem, just drag it where you want :-)

Cool idea. I'm wondering if i can turn the GPS into every direction i want to or if there are only preselected positions.

Oh and by the way, can you tell me the range of the dimona you make please?

Regards

Emi

Cool idea. I'm wondering if i can turn the GPS into every direction i want to or if there are only preselected positions.

LOL you're cool. WHY? If we had this "feature" you would ask for a save module that saves the last position, and if we had even this you'd ask for a statistics sheet where you can read wich position is the most often used one...

Honestly, is it something really needed?

It is in the middle position when you load the plane. One click and drag and you can set it where ever you want. Thats it.

Oh and by the way, can you tell me the range of the dimona you make please?

Thats not that easy. Because I don't know. I asked John, and when I get the answer I will post it. The problem is, that FSX don't let you choose your fuell consumption so either we're lucky with the value FSX gave us, or not. There is nothing we can do there... unfortunately :(

In FSX you CAN calibrate the fuell consumption! (At least on planes) And it is at 15 liters@90 kts now. This is the value the manual tells. We have modeled a different prop so we will have a slightly lower fuel consumption.

Calculate with at least 70 liters useable fuel and you have your range.

Bests Joachim