Dimona X Preview

Has this plane actually night lightning?

If yes, have you thougt of including some kind of the new landing lights of the Airbus Project, that really lights up the scenery?

Would be cool. ^_^

• Upvote 2

The D-KGAF does only have an ACL and position lights. However there are some planes out there with landing and instrument lights. I think, at least one version will contain those

• 4 weeks later...

Great pics, it's nice to see that these planes are also getting attention. Unfortunately for me it means I have to continue searching a HK36TTC for FSX. :(

We used to hire a HK36 for towing of gliders.

Yep, I flew ASK21 and LS-4 several times behind a Super Dimona. It was great, because the HK36 was able to climb much better than the DR400.

27 as mentioned in the first post.

But to be honest, I think it is even worse :D

Switched off the engine several times in the real plane. But I am a glider pilot and used to much more performance. For a motor pilot it is awesome :)

Cheers Joachim

• Aerosoft

27 as mentioned in the first post.

But to be honest, I think it is even worse :D

Switched off the engine several times in the real plane. But I am a glider pilot and used to much more performance. For a motor pilot it is awesome :)

Cheers Joachim

Joa took me up for a flight in it. Strange aircraft, very docile to fly, you normally need 30 minutes to get the stick/rudder right but I was able to get 'acceptable' coordinated turns after a few minutes (try that in a Super Cub). Joa had me do side slips after very soon and they also felt very controlled. The only thing that was weird was the very large stick forces you needed. This is most certainly not an aircraft you fly with two fingers. Having been used to aircraft that even thinking about a turn starts the turn it was strange for me. Like flying a 1960 airliner.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful! Great work again, Joachim!

Brings me a lot of nice memories of flights around Germany back. Once we have been in Hannover. Ground control made a joke out of it and parked us between two A320. What a picture; a little Dimona between heavy metal.. :D

Servus Joachim,

sure, but they are on my PC at home and I'm at the cottage/airfield over the weekend. I can post one or two tomorrow evening, if it's okey.

Kai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi

you worte the release would be around summer, no summer is going to an end. when will the release came?

greats

All summers go to an end. Northern European hemisphere summers last until September/October. Release will be when the release is. And at that moment it will be released, in whatever season happens to be current at that time. And which will be a localised event in any case as, of course, Southern Hemisphere seasons are reversed...

It's always summer, somewhere.

• Upvote 2