Dimona X Preview

• Aerosoft

To be released around summer. High end instrumentation, modeling and excellent flight modeling.

If we are correct the first high end motorglider for FSX.

• Hoffmann H 36 Dimona, Touringmotorglider
  • Year of construction 1983
  • 16 Meters wingspan
  • 770 kilos
  • Limbach 2000 Engine with 80 hp, (usable only about 60hp due to the limiting constant speed propeller)
  • Cruise speed 160-180kph
  • Best LD 27

Go here for great images: http://forum.aerosof...post__p__298873

• Upvote 2

Here are two shots of the 'real' one. Amazing little aircraft to fly. Very docile but you need to be strong as the stick forces are amazingly high.

I flew a real H36 a couple of times. With two "above-average" big (heavy ^_^ ) persons on board, it's a little underpowered when taking off from a grass strip, but once in the air, it's indeed a very very nice aircraft to fly.

Put me on the list for your FSX version, once it's ready.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Very good looking! I'd love to take this one up.

IRL, I'm getting my licence on a 100bhp Rotax with (freeturning) nosewheel (this one).

Is it likely other versions like this will also be included, so not just the 80bhp/tailwheel?

Tobus

@ Tobus,

What you show in your photo Is a HK36 Superdimona from Diamond Aircraft. It is a HIGHLY modified version of the old H36 from Hoffmann, we will do. I would even say it is a completely different plane. Just fly a old H36 and you will agree :D

It is really too early to tell wich versions will be included. Or IF more modern versions will be in there, because I rather have one very real instead of plenty half or unreal ones.

Remember, I must fly all planes to check the performance and feeling and so on, it would be hard work to get them all done. It is not "only" the 3d model.

Bests Joachim

@ Tobus,

What you show in your photo Is a HK36 Superdimona from Diamond Aircraft. It is a HIGHLY modified version of the old H36 from Hoffmann, we will do. I would even say it is a completely different plane. Just fly a old H36 and you will agree :D

It is really too early to tell wich versions will be included. Or IF more modern versions will be in there, because I rather have one very real instead of plenty half or unreal ones.

Remember, I must fly all planes to check the performance and feeling and so on, it would be hard work to get them all done. It is not "only" the 3d model.

Bests Joachim

True... You can't compare the H36 with the HK36. The only thing they have in common is the basic shape.

We used to hire a HK36 for towing of gliders. With the strip in good condition, we were even able to get a Schleicher ASK21 and a Grob Twin Astir up into the air (one at a time ^_^ ).

If I recall correctly, the H36 isn't even certified for towing a paper glider :D .

Best regards,

Frank van der Werff

• Upvote 1

If I recall correctly, the H36 isn't even certified for towing a paper glider :D .

lol. But you're right. At least with this engine.

You can't compare the H36 with the HK36. The only thing they have in common is the basic shape.

Yes, but if you look closer nearly everything has been changed. From wingroot over the cowling to the completely different horizonzal stabilizer. I would say, the only thing in common is the 36 in the name. lol

Nevertheless, the old H36 is a plane for enthusiasts. It has a soul. It is old and you must simply love it.

• Upvote 1

Really hope to get this add-on too.

Discus Glider X is a fabulous add-on, Joachim and your team you've done a fabulous job.

I've still got a few problems with the add-on, but they are slowly but surely being fixed.

I take it this H36 will feature the ability to perform Manouvre Load Alleviation?

• Upvote 1

Beautiful!

Release planned around summer - as if all the snow wasn't enough. You just have to add another reason I can't wait for winter to be over. <_<:)

Looking forward to this one!

Thanks to all for the kind words.

mind doing a version with no GPS in the middle of the view?

Not a special version, but it will be able to klick away like in the Discus. Anyway, it maybe looks disturbing, but it isn't. Wait for the first VC shots.

Bests Joachim

@ Tobus,

Bests Joachim

Ah, I see. Didn't realise that. Still looks great though, this will be a sure buyer.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks nearly finished :D

indeed

Released this in summer or earlier?

earlier

Does it have a heavy toll on frames? (10 Frames is a heavy toll for my PC!)

Heck 10 frames, no!

I assume, it will run even better than the Discus. But I can't say more now, because it is not finished.

Cheers Joachim

Heck 10 frames, no!

I assume, it will run even better than the Discus. But I can't say more now, because it is not finished.

Cheers Joachim

Awesome. My first FSX only product^^