Mytraffic X and ProFlight Emulator woes

Majick

Hello All,

After a software rebuild on my machine I re-nstalled MyTraffic X. As part of the installation it asked if I wanted to patch the voices. I allowed it to do this, but the sound patch did nothing and ended up in a non-respondng state. So I stopped it. After that I had no voice at all on FSX.

As I am keen on having regional accents on the voices anyway I thought no matter, I'll find a tool which gives regional voices....

So I bought ProFlight Emulator, as it claims to provide new voices. After alot of messing around I seemed to have worked out how to use it, and connected to FSX. At this point it told me I needed to rebuild the database. When I try to rebuild the datasbase I am prompted to 'select runways.csv from FS9 or FSX'. Well I searched the entire drive and there is no such file.....

My questions:

1/ Where am I supposed to tell it 'runways.csv' is?

2/ Have I bought the right tool? All I want is standard FSX ATC where the voices are correct for the part of the world I am flying over. ProFlight Emulator seems an awful lot of hassle and yet another program hogging resources for the simple requirement I have.

3/ If I end up having to abandon ProFlight entirely, how can I restore the default voices which the MyTraffic installer has removed?

Hope someboldy can help and save me yet more hours of fun fiddling around.

Regards

Jon

Hello Jon,

PFE will not get your voices back for normal ATC etc as the voices are used in the PFE flights you make.

You can however try a repair re-install of FSX and see if that helps.

The original file is called USEnglishBig.gvp if you can get it from the main FSX discs somehow.

Hello Jon,

PFE will not get your voices back for normal ATC etc as the voices are used in the PFE flights you make.

You can however try a repair re-install of FSX and see if that helps.

The original file is called USEnglishBig.gvp if you can get it from the main FSX discs somehow.

Thanks v much Shaun. Is there another way I can get regional voices?

The MyTraffic installation usually makes a backup in the same folder. If that got used up already, it is in one of the cab files on the DVD and the only file there that has more than 200GB, but I didn't find a note about more details.

The MyTraffic installation usually makes a backup in the same folder. If that got used up already, it is in one of the cab files on the DVD and the only file there that has more than 200GB, but I didn't find a note about more details.

Seems it's completely messed up now. I tried to run a repair installation and now FSX won't run at all. Looks like I just have to brace myself for hours of fun reinstalling everything again. As for Mytraffic...