Maxed out FSX + addons with good fps?

Dainan

Hi fellow co-simmers!

I posted this in another forum and would like your 2 cents worth as well :D

I have been pondering this for a while and I think that the time is near or even here now. Picture the following scenario:

You are PIC of a PMDG MD11 or a Wilco A320 or an equally demanding aircraft. You're number three for landing since you're

running MyTraffic X. You slow down your airspeed to 160 knots while enjoying the GEX, UTX and REX flying past your cockpit window.

Finally Radar Contact 4 gives you the landing clearance into a very busy Heathrow. It's raining from the 100% coverage of clouds which is one

of the many sliders that you have maxed out. In fact ALL sliders, are maxed out at 100%. With MytrafficX running it is acceptable to not have the air traffic sliders at a value that makes sense, but apart from that all sliders are set to TO/GA thrust! :D

You have a 2gig graphics card, the i7 980x processor with water cooling running at +4Ghz and 12 gig RAM. Your fps never even entertain the thought of

dropping below 25 8)

What do you guys think? Have human kind finally reached the point where we can tame FSX? :D I've seen many promising videos on youtube with stunning graphics and frame rates, but it has never been clear if they are indeed pushing ALL the sliders to their MAX. What is your experience? Please do share!

Cheers

Manuel

I don't have a beast of computer, but it tames FSX quite well, at least for my taste.

But all sliders maxed and a complex airplane on a complex airport will NEVER give the desired results, not even in 5 years, for a simple reason: As hardware advances, addons will become more complex and demanding as well. So we will always be at the stage of "just barely ok" :-)

I don't have a beast of computer, but it tames FSX quite well, at least for my taste.

But all sliders maxed and a complex airplane on a complex airport will NEVER give the desired results, not even in 5 years, for a simple reason: As hardware advances, addons will become more complex and demanding as well. So we will always be at the stage of "just barely ok" :-)

Good for you :)

Aha you reckon? Hmm that's a shame, what do you think that aerosoft fs 2012 will be like fps vise?