Mega Airport Amsterdam Schiphol

Except for the tower, the scenery looks great, which has also been stated by other people who know Schiphol. Have a look at this picture. The upper part of it still does not match reality:

eham21.jpg

The upper windows look too dark, and the top should be more white. The lower part of the tower looks well, or at least better.

Stefan

• Upvote 3

The upper windows look too dark, and the top should be more white. The lower part of the tower looks well, or at least better.

Stefan

Are you serious? I looked 10 minutes and I still can't find any difference.

Kepti

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

Stefan

That is because the windows in FSX aren't transparent. It can never 100% match the real thing but they are doing their best within the FSX limitations.

• Upvote 1

Are you serious? I looked 10 minutes and I still can't find any difference.

I am certainly serious. We have discussed this in our community, and everyone agrees that the tower does not have a good look. Some people know what they are talking about, being regularly at Schipholwink.gif

Stefan

• Upvote 3

Stefan

Has it never occured to you that different lighting levels will show up different shades of colour on the same object? Look at a white object in cloudy conditions and it can appear light grey. Look at the same object in bright sunlight and it can appear brilliant white. Oh Look just like your screenshots! One in cloud and one in blue sky.

Absolutley fantastic, really looks excellent, lovely work!!!!! pat yourseleves on the back lads/girls!!!

And regarding the comment about the control tower glass windows looking to dark..........O PLEASE!! Do me a favour, go suck a monkeys nipple! Stop nit picking

• Upvote 3

Absolutley fantastic, really looks excellent, lovely work!!!!! pat yourseleves on the back lads/girls!!!

And regarding the comment about the control tower glass windows looking to dark..........O PLEASE!! Do me a favour, go suck a monkeys nipple! Stop nit picking

Agreed. Agreed agreed agreed.

Stefan

It's always good to have an eye for details but in this case you should compare the same lightning and angle to have an objective view.

Actually it can only be compared in the Sim itself but that is what you learn when you develop yourself... + it's still a beta...

Anyway I think it will be great and not all will be an exact copy ;-)

Great to have Schiphol back in FSX and FS9

Cheers,

André

• Upvote 1

Right on!!!

Marc Nieuwhof

@ SBlauw ,

We will await your ( better ) version of the control tower shortly . When will it be ready ?? Do you have a release date in mind ?? And anyway , how often will you be looking at the tower whilst flying ??

I remeber the forums at Cloud 9 being full of such drivel . It was no wonder to me that they did not bring any newer versions on the market . Hopefully Aerosoft will not pat any attention to such posts .

What is next , the grass is too high / wrong colour ? Or have they re-paved any runways ? Maybe you should spend your time counting the cars in the car park .

It's obvious that " Mister Blue " won't be buying this product , as he is is not satisfied with the level of detail and will continue to use the default Schiphol included in FS X ( which has a control tower that really looks like the real thing ) !

As a painter ( currently working on the Airbus 321 ) , I receive similar comments , which are not constructive and have no use at all - except in the negative . The last comment I received was " needs some work " but did not state what that work was - very helpful .

Hats off to the guys making this add-on and the rest of us will wait for the release ( with or witout a new improved control tower - NOT ) .

John

• Upvote 2

I am certainly serious. We have discussed this in our community, and everyone agrees that the tower does not have a good look. Some people know what they are talking about, being regularly at Schipholwink.gif

Stefan

Just out of curiousity: what community are you the representitive of?

I am definately buying this one, however I do have some questions left:

- Will the commercial banners on the aviobridges updated from ING to Rabobank?

- Will the scenery include one AFCAD for all operations of different ones (like the C9 version)?

- Will the scenery include an extra approach file (just like Jim Vile did for Innsbruck)?

- Will there be both a download version and boxed version upon release?

Thanks in advance!

• Upvote 2

Dear all,

I think I have to post a short reply in this topic. It seems to me that a number of customers did not like my post, in which I showed a critical opinion regarding a part of the scenery that is being developed by Aerosoft and its partners. Of course everyone may think whatever he likes to think about my or other users' posts, but there is not any need to attack a person. I have not attacked, nor offended anyone in my post.

All I wanted to do was to make clear that the tower needed some improvement in order to be as great as the rest of the scenery. And the main control tower is one of the most important buildings at the airport, isn't it? I belong to a virtual flying community, of which more Dutch members agreed that the tower needs some improvement. We do understand that it is impossible to make a perfect scenery, and that is not what we have demanded, are demanding or will demand. However, we will buy this scenery, which, we believe, gives us the right to give some criticism. This should be possible and normal, as it is in the 'real world' outside flight simming. Constructive criticism most times leads to updates or improvement of products. To my knowledge, by not offending anyone, I have tried to give some constructive criticism. By the way, I am not speaking officially on behalf of my community members, but we do have the same opinion.

Furthermore it has been said by others that the tower looks great, of which I don't know how good their knowledge of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is. Other people, who do have a lot of knowledge of it, agreed with me (and they know a lot more of Schiphol than I do!). I, for example, cannot say a thing about Helsinki or Manchester Airport, because I do not know them well. Please realize yourself at first to which degree you have good knowledge of what you are speaking of. Again I am not talking to anyone particular, but in general.

Hopefully I have said enough by now and have made myself clear. I don't believe there is any need to continue this discussion if my point of view is not correct in this case anyway. Judge for yourself, enjoy this scenery and be a happy virtual pilot!

Have a nice day!laugh.gif

Stefan

• Upvote 7

• Aerosoft

Dear all,

I think I have to post a short reply in this topic. It seems to me that a number of customers did not like my post, in which I showed a critical opinion regarding a part of the scenery that is being developed by Aerosoft and its partners. Of course everyone may think whatever he likes to think about my or other users' posts, but there is not any need to attack a person. I have not attacked, nor offended anyone in my post.

All I wanted to do was to make clear that the tower needed some improvement in order to be as great as the rest of the scenery. And the main control tower is one of the most important buildings at the airport, isn't it? I belong to a virtual flying community, of which more Dutch members agreed that the tower needs some improvement. We do understand that it is impossible to make a perfect scenery, and that is not what we have demanded, are demanding or will demand. However, we will buy this scenery, which, we believe, gives us the right to give some criticism. This should be possible and normal, as it is in the 'real world' outside flight simming. Constructive criticism most times leads to updates or improvement of products. To my knowledge, by not offending anyone, I have tried to give some constructive criticism. By the way, I am not speaking officially on behalf of my community members, but we do have the same opinion.

Furthermore it has been said by others that the tower looks great, of which I don't know how good their knowledge of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is. Other people, who do have a lot of knowledge of it, agreed with me (and they know a lot more of Schiphol than I do!). I, for example, cannot say a thing about Helsinki or Manchester Airport, because I do not know them well. Please realize yourself at first to which degree you have good knowledge of what you are speaking of. Again I am not talking to anyone particular, but in general.

Hopefully I have said enough by now and have made myself clear. I don't believe there is any need to continue this discussion if my point of view is not correct in this case anyway. Judge for yourself, enjoy this scenery and be a happy virtual pilot!

Have a nice day!laugh.gif

Stefan

Thanks Stefan, it's good to see somebody respond like you just did. Believe me, I'll have another look at that tower and when needed something will happen. As always we got to close down projects at a certain moment, but you also know we are well know to re-open projects when needed.

• Upvote 5

I am not really sure where I should put this comment, I wanted to say it many times in the past and here it looks like another proper place for it :rolleyes:

I am amazed from the level of customer support quality presented by Aerosoft! Thank you for this, it makes me feel happy and satisfied buying and enjoying your products again and again.

Can't wait for the FSX Schiphol to show up B)

• Upvote 1

All I wanted to do was to make clear that the tower needed some improvement in order to be as great as the rest of the scenery. And the main control tower is one of the most important buildings at the airport, isn't it?

Furthermore it has been said by others that the tower looks great, of which I don't know how good their knowledge of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is.

Stefan

My knowledge of Schiphol is better as the most of here :lol:

it's always good to compare but based on one picture you are actually wrong sorry to say :blush:

The glass has in real life just one color no color differences just the boring green :wacko:

Attached my own photo made about 20 meters from the tower B)

Ps. in FS9 it would be easy to change the texture yourself to your own personal taste

in FSX it could be transparent one green color as in real life or maybe a texture also

Cheers,

Untitled-1.jpg

• Upvote 2