Mega Airport Amsterdam Schiphol

• Aerosoft

Mega Airport Amsterdam Schiphol will have a feature set similar to the other Mega Airports so will make full use of AESlite (and of course will be covered by the full AES soon after release). The FS2004 release is close but we can not give a date yet. The FSX version will follow this spring. Of course buying one version will get you the other version for free.

Rainer made these superb images and adds these notes: "AI-traffic own compiled. Non-standard sky-textures as usual."

EHAM01.jpg

EHAM02.jpg

EHAM03.jpg

EHAM04.jpg

EHAM05.jpg

EHAM06.jpg

EHAM07.jpg

EHAM08.jpg

EHAM09.jpg

EHAM10.jpg

EHAM11.jpg

EHAM12.jpg

EHAM13.jpg

EHAM14.jpg

EHAM15.jpg

EHAM16.jpg

EHAM17.jpg

EHAM18.jpg

EHAM19.jpg

EHAM20.jpg

EHAM21.jpg

EHAM22.jpg

EHAM23.jpg

EHAM24.jpg

EHAM25.jpg

EHAM26.jpg

EHAM27.jpg

EHAM28.jpg

EHAM29.jpg

EHAM30.jpg

• Upvote 3

Clouds break away, the sun shines, the sky becomes blue and birds, sitting in trees all over the Netherlands, sing their cheerful songs!

I just noticed that on the twent-second screenhots, taxiing in to position, is the old Surinam Airways Boeing 747-300. What a great site it is to behold that plane on this scenery. I had some reservations regarding the looks of the scenery, but now, the more I look at this scenery, the more I'm convinced Aerosoft is giving us another true Mega Airport worthy scenery.

• Upvote 2

Hi Alexander,

as Mathijs already wrote: AI traffic own compiled from different sources like WorldofAI, alpha-india-group-members, avsim and flightsim-flightplans and liveries...

That's something where I spend my time with. :)

Ciao,

Rainer.

Can you please give us a indication of the seize of the coverage area, Mathijs?

You can already tell it's huge, roads have been modeled that are well outside the airport boundry fence. Looks like I'll be saying goodbye to the Cloud 9 version shortly.

Guys, please watch out when the scenery is available! Yesterday a KLM plane was about to take off at 36C, but they took the taxiway for take-off laugh.gif Maybe because of the snow, but you are warned. The full article in Dutch is below:

SCHIPHOL - Op Schiphol is woensdagavond een toestel van de KLM opgestegen vanaf een taxibaan parallel aan de startbaan in plaats vanaf de startbaan zelf. Dat hebben de luchthaven, Luchtverkeersleiding Nederland (LVNL) en de luchtvaartmaatschappij laten weten. Het vliegtuig vertrok vervolgens zonder problemen ,,maar niet volgens de procedures'', aldus de drie organisaties donderdag.

Het ging om een Boeing 737 van de KLM die vanaf de Zwanenburgbaan richting het noorden had moeten opstijgen. In plaats daarvan gaf de gezagvoerder op de taxibaan gas en steeg het toestel van daar op.

Wat er precies verkeerd is gegaan, is niet duidelijk. De fout werd gemaakt aan het begin van de avond na zonsondergang. De drie betrokken organisaties doen verder geen mededelingen, zo lieten zij donderdag weten.

Runway incursion

Het incident is aangemeld bij de Onderzoeksraad voor Veiligheid die inmiddels met een onderzoek is begonnen naar wat een woordvoerder een ,,runway incursion'' noemt. ,,Dit is een ernstig incident,'' aldus een woordvoerder van de raad.

,,Op zichzelf is het goed afgelopen maar dit moet onderzocht worden.'' Onderzoekers van de raad zijn donderdagochtend op de luchthaven aan de slag gegaan. Over de resultaten daarvan kon de zegsman nog niets zeggen.

Een woordvoerster van Schiphol wilde donderdag niet zeggen welke bestemming het vliegtuig had. Ook het tijdstip waarop het toestel het luchtruim koos is niet bekendgemaakt.

Sneeuw boosdoener

De Verenging van Nederlandse Verkeersvliegers (VNV) noemt de sneeuw van woensdag als mogelijke boosdoener maar weet verder niet wat de oorzaak van de vergissing kan zijn geweest.

,,Dat het kan, is duidelijk want het is gebeurd. Maar het is natuurlijk niet de bedoeling,'' zegt president Evert van Zwol van de vereniging. ,,Het is op zich een breed stuk asfalt. Ik weet niet waardoor collega's deze vergissing hebben gemaakt. Misschien de sneeuw, een afleiding, maar dat is speculatie.''

Of Schiphol aan een potentieel groot ongeval is ontsnapt, kon Van Zwol niet zeggen. ,,Bij het starten kijken we toch altijd of er iets op de baan is. Dat er niets te zien was, heeft wellicht ook meegespeeld bij de gedachte dat ze goed zaten.'' (ANP)

• Upvote 1

Yesterday a KLM plane was about to take off at 36C, but they took the taxiway for take-off

Fortunately it was a 737. Just imagine what could happen if it was one of their long haul jets (A330, 777, 747 or MD-11).

Mistaking a taxiway for a runway at your home airport.... :blink:

• Upvote 1

I think it is better to discuss this news item in a different thread, as it has nothing to do with the upcoming scenery.

It would be best to keep this thread 'clean' and wait for further announcements.

• Aerosoft

Landed on 18R many times, seems to take forever to get to your gate!!!

Indeed, 15 min taxi is not unheard of. Few years ago I picked up a friend at Schiphol and he said. "Very strange, we landed in Antwerp and taxied the rest of the way to Schiphol".

• Upvote 5

How did you guys solve the issue with ILS? FS2004 still have outdated info for ILS (such as 1L/19R). I remember Jiv Ville created comprehensive file for C9 scenery, but I don't think he'll be willing to repeat this trick with Aerosoft EHAM.

How did you guys solve the issue with ILS? FS2004 still have outdated info for ILS (such as 1L/19R). I remember Jiv Ville created comprehensive file for C9 scenery, but I don't think he'll be willing to repeat this trick with Aerosoft EHAM.

Tell me, what are you talking about? Isn't all these things in AFCAD files, which is not so hard to make?

Tell me, what are you talking about? Isn't all these things in AFCAD files, which is not so hard to make?

Things are more complicated than you think. When FS2004 was released the old runway numbers were in use (1R, 19L etc.) and there was no Polderbaan. When correcting the AFCAD not all problems are solved. Therefore Jim created a file with correct approaches (he also did this for Innsbruck, which is also used by Aerosoft)...

• Upvote 1

Indeed, 15 min taxi is not unheard of. Few years ago I picked up a friend at Schiphol and he said. "Very strange, we landed in Antwerp and taxied the rest of the way to Schiphol".

Lol

But it's at least a high speed taxi way and you can takeoff from it :lol:

Cheers,

André

• Upvote 1

ehhh, this topic if for MAP Amsterdam and not for votes for a new MAP....

Agreed. There have been many topics on the subject already and many votes for it. As it is, this topic is for Amsterdam, not Copenhagen.