My first impressions...

Steffen Rabenau

For my background: appr. 3000 hrs on 747-400 PS1 and PMDG, 1000 hrs on 747-200 RFP, 500 hrs on MD11PMDG, 100 hrs on JS4100 PMDG, and 5 hrs on A300B4 Simcheck :-)

My first impressions:

- Night light in VC to bright

- ADF 2 tuning in VC first digit unable to tune (works in 2D panel)

- ADF 2 no morse indication possible using the ADF2 button (not set)

- Logo light always on, ignoring the switch position

- N1 limit not to set manually

- no reset for max N1, max EGT, max N2

As I said, my first impressions, not mentioned to say if this ac is good or bad, just telling what I expierenced so far. some might be user failures...

I miss a complete INS like CIVA very much. This decreases the fun of flying for me, but...

Okay testflights will go on.

Best

Steffen

- Night light in VC to bright

- ADF 2 tuning in VC first digit unable to tune (works in 2D panel)

- ADF 2 no morse indication possible using the ADF2 button (not set)

- Logo light always on, ignoring the switch position

- N1 limit not to set manually

- no reset for max N1, max EGT, max N2

Hi Steffen,

I used to fly about in the PS1 myself a lot, think we met there a few times in fact ;)

Now regarding your remarks:

- Night light in the VC, one of the users is making hs own edited version of the VC dds files, when he is done with them we will post them on the website. We kind of like our own work!

- ADF2 click area wil be fixed in SP1

- ADF2 morse area is confirmed and will be fixed in SP1

- Logo light, we decided to add that but we will not make all external lights switchable as this will eat performance

- N1 limit: this is correct indeed, not sure if we need to add that though

- Reset no one click reset is available this is correct, will see if I can add a click area for that...

Björn

Hi Steffen,

I used to fly about in the PS1 myself a lot, think we met there a few times in fact ;)

Now regarding your remarks:

- Night light in the VC, one of the users is making hs own edited version of the VC dds files, when he is done with them we will post them on the website. We kind of like our own work!

- ADF2 click area wil be fixed in SP1

- ADF2 morse area is confirmed and will be fixed in SP1

- Logo light, we decided to add that but we will not make all external lights switchable as this will eat performance

- N1 limit: this is correct indeed, not sure if we need to add that though

- Reset no one click reset is available this is correct, will see if I can add a click area for that...

Björn

Hi Björn,

I am really sure that I used your A300 panel in some FS versions, it was great... Meanwhile I flew some legs with your new baby, and let me say, all the little things I mentioned aren´t big enough to discuss too long. Will say, as your first commercial baby it a really good one. As you know, I as a hard core simulant would like to have it as real as it gets :-) The INS is good for someone who wants just to fly with the A300, for me, as you can guess, it is not enough. I have no idea how much work is to do to implement CIVA but if I I all count together, I would prefer to have the CIVA also linked to the HSI. Sorry to say this again... I think it will be a good decision to make this and the panel lights separated from the instrument lights and lot of hard core simulants will follow you, also here at Stevens VA, where we always looking for good cargo planes...

Anyway, many thanks for joining in here. Good luck with the business part of the A300, may the time and power you spent in this project comes back in your wallet now, at least a little...

Cheers

Steffen Rabenau

Not perfect my english, isn´t it ? :-)