Twin Otter Com2 Radio

BarryD

Has there been a fix/update to allow comm mic transmission to be switched between the two radios? I can't use this plane on-line because my club uses the comm2 for pilot to pilot talk while flying. If there isn't a fix, would it be possible to put a standard radio from a default plane in there?

Thx

Barry D

• 3 months later...

Hello Barry,

No I dont believe there will be sorry.

Have you seen if there is however a key combination in the assignments that may allow you to switch radios manually..

The manual talks about an apparently non existent audio panel, the GMA-340, which is a standard avionics component. For operations on Vatsim and IVAO, you really need to be able to have full use of both radios.

Granted, it's not hard to add keyboard commands, but it's totally reasonable to expect a functioning audio panel from any aircraft model as high quality as the Twotter. You'd think a company with the reputation that Aerosoft has earned would be more than willing to provide a fix for missing avionics.

Why can't your club allow P2P on Comm 1...? Why would there be any expectation that your idiosyncratic needs should be met, when no one else shares the view? In answering, bear in mind how long the Aerosoft Beaver has been in the market and your late arrival at table...

• Upvote 1

Why can't your club allow P2P on Comm 1...? Why would there be any expectation that your idiosyncratic needs should be met, when no one else shares the view? In answering, bear in mind how long the Aerosoft Beaver has been in the market and your late arrival at table...

So if you buy a joystick with a button that's not implemented in the driver, just because someone else has bought it before and complained that the button doesn't work but the manufacturer hasn't fixed it, you're not not allowed to complain that it's broken? I don't think so...

This a customer support issue for Aerosoft. And the point is you need 2 radios that work independently and simultaneously, and that aren't a pain to manage in the sim.

I love the Twotter. It's become my favorite plane.