FS9:GAP3 EDDL problems?

ehasanov

HI

Last few days I'm trying to solve the problem with g3d.dll CTD always around EDDL.

Strange thing is that I don't have increased memory usage. With PMDG b747 and UTE, bellow 1GB VM Size.

After deactivating EDDL, no CTD anymore. What can cause that and which file should I disable in EDDL first, just for troubleshooting.

Thanks

Edin

Hello,

I have had the same problem all the time (even with the earlier version of EDDL), and have never been able to find out what file is causing this. When I arrive at EDDL and am on the final approach I always get g3d.dll-related ctd. However I have found that if I start each flight at EDDL and pan around in outside view to load all the scenery, and then use Flight Planner to go to my departure airport to start the flight, I can always land at EDDL without problems. This must have something to do with FS9's memory management (which I suspect is far from optimal). There are other airports where I get a terrain.dll-related ctd. The procedure described above cures this to 100 percent. However it does not work with pmdgoptions.dll-related ctd:s.

So try the procedure above. If you eventually will find out which file is behind the problem, please post this information in the forum.

/Zorropisa

Hi guys.

Thanks for reply.

I must admit that I didn't test it so deeply.

I think that it does not crash when I'm on EDDL,I try it but only in few gates, I did not tested.

I know that crashes almost every flight when I'm on route from EDDF-KATL, somewhere between EDDK and EDDL, closer to EDDL. Sometimes it does not crashes, but CTD in 90% of flights.

I monitored MEM usage and is way below 1Gb.

After I deactivate EDDL and install freeware I don't have this CTD

So, Shaun, what I should check, because , frankly I'm tired of testing and I want to fly finally.

Filemon shows me only missing agn files which does not exist anywhere on my hard.

P.S. Definitely problem somewhere connected with GAP#3 EDDL, because for TBSH I tried few flight and no CTD without GAP#3 EDDL. Now I don't want to change anything because it works :-)

I didn't try procedure from Zorropisa, but it is strange because there is no Memleak as I see on Task manager?!

Thanks for support

Edin

Hello Edin,

Why not try my suggestion? As I said I have exactly the same problem as you with EDDL. There is no problem when I start a flight at EDDL, but when EDDL is my destination, or I come close during a flight (at a distance between 5-15 nm, which seems to depend on the altitude), I get a ctd 100 percent of the times. If after loading FS9 I first go to EDDL and in outside view pan around 360 degrees (to make sure all scenery is loaded) and then open Flight Planner and start the flight I want to fly (whether it ends at EDDL or I pass near EDDL during the flight), I get no ctd at EDDL. This is consistent and works every time (for me).

As far as I understand this has nothing to do with a memory leak, but with the way Windows allocate memory. If I load up a flight to an airport after rebooting the computer, it can take several minutes before it is up and ready, especially from a complex payware airport like EHAM or EDDF. If I then exit FS and restart the same flight (without rebooting the computer), it loads in less than half the time. I believe "my" solution has something to do with this. Perhaps some knowledgeable person could give a more detailed explanation.

EDDL is one airport with this problem and where the problem is solved by "my" solution. Alta (ENAT) in Norway is another (I use Norway Airports, an excellent and free addon). When I e.g. fly from Vadso in Northern Norway to Tromso I always get a terrain.dll related CTD about 15 nm from Alta (which lies enroute between these two airports). If I first move my plane to Alta and pan around there and then move the plane to Vadso and start the flight, there is no CTD when passing Alta. Never! This type of ctd:s often occur (for me) at about 15 nm from the problematic scenery. This distance could of course be related to my graphical setting (extended textures etc) and perhaps the altitude I am flying on. When flying PMDG:s planes from Las Palmas to ESSA I every time got pmdgoptions.dll ctd:s exactly 15.2 nm from Aerosoft's ESSA (this problem could not be cured by loading ESSA initially, but after removing some landclass files at the Canary Islands -- took many, many hours to find this out). So it seems that at 15 nm from an airport the scenery is loaded (maybe depending on settings).

Of course the best solution would be to find the problematic file. I have done that for a few airports, by systematically excluding first sceneries and then after finding which scenery is the culprit, excluding files in this scenery (or intalling another scenery for the same airport). This however takes several days full time work.

/Zorropisa

Hi Zorrpisa.

I will try Your way and report :D

About terrain.dll CTD try this, but make backup first:

Change MaskClassMap=3" and "MaskClassMap=1" in to "MaskClassMap=0" and save new terrain.cfg.

This solved my CTD with terrain.dll

Edin

P.S. I tried your way and it works, also I try with KJFK where I had g3d.dll and again it works. Thanks

About terrain.dll CTD try this, but make backup first:

Change MaskClassMap=3" and "MaskClassMap=1" in to "MaskClassMap=0" and save new terrain.cfg.

This solved my CTD with terrain.dll

Interesting. I will try that. Do you have an explanation to how this works?

/Zorropisa