VFR London EGLC Taxi Line Shimmering

cbd80

Hi,

I'm using VFR London X with EGLC included and I've updated to version 1.30.

At EGLC I've had some issues with shimmering which I've been able to resolve by adding mipmaps using 'Image Tool' from within the FSX SDK.

However, the only texture file that will not open in Image Tool is EGLC_ground_lines.dds (taxi lines), which by far has the worse shimmering.

I don't know if there is a fault with this texture file or if there is a way the developers can add the mipmaps.

It's an excellent scenery, unfortunately, for me it is being spoilt by this minor issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Shaun,

Thank you very much for the link, that did the trick. EGLC is now perfect! smile.gif

Is there a particular reason why mipmaps are not always included with textures?

Chris

Shaun,

Thank you very much for the link, that did the trick. EGLC is now perfect! smile.gif

Is there a particular reason why mipmaps are not always included with textures?

Chris

It would be awesome if the new EGLC_ground_lines.dds file was available for public download via Aerosoft.

It would be awesome if the new EGLC_ground_lines.dds file was available for public download via Aerosoft.

Damocles,

You could do what I did; I just installed the trial version of Photoshop and used Shaun's link to install the Nvidia plugins.

Really easy to do. Once installed just navigate to the Photoshop plugins folder, open the plug-ins folder and select Normal Map Filter.

Drag the dds file into Photoshop once it opens, hit save and the Nvidia tool pops up. Select mip-maps and job done.

I would be happy to provide all my mipmapped files to Aerosoft to make available to users. I'll PM Shaun.

Chris