February's Screenshot Competition.

Let me kick start this month's great theme Military Might.

The words Military Might & Aircraft bring 1 thing to my mind: the AC-130 Spectre Gunship.

The gunship's sole user is the United States Air Force, which uses AC-130H Spectre and AC-130U Spooky variants. The AC-130 is powered by four Rolls-Royce T56-A-15 turboprops and has an armament ranging from 25 mm Gatling guns to 105 mm howitzers. It has a standard crew of twelve or thirteen airmen, including five officers (two pilots, a navigator, an electronic warfare officer and a fire control officer) and enlisted personnel (flight engineer, electronics operators, and aerial gunners).

For it's devastating none nuclear firepower, versatility and its mighty looks, I give you the AC-130 Spectre:

2009-7-12_2-5-30-195.jpg

The best of luck to all.

EDIT: This is an UNEDITED shot of FSX Accel, REX 2.0, CS C-130 Spectre running in DX9 + HDR mod.

• Upvote 1

Here is mine:

Catching the rope:

Good luck to you all!

Edit: Used addons: Acceleration F-18, Freeware Nimitz V2, Freeware Aicarriers V2, REX 2.0

Best regards

Manuel

I was about to post a pic...then I saw the two above and decided not to waste my time! wink.gif

Yeah, me too...WOW those are 2 fantastic shots! Just give them the awards and start a new one for the month.

Hi Bruce. What do you mean by "the simulator"? Which simulator are you referring too?

I was thinking that maybe Bruce assumed I was using another sim because of the carrier - that's why I added the addons used to my post.

There are lots of freeware and payware addons for FS9 or FSX that look very realistic.

I was thinking that maybe Bruce assumed I was using another sim because of the carrier...

No, I was referring to the comment that the prizes should be given and the contest started over... A previous comment implied that they were real world photos, and I said if they weren't screen shots from a simulator, they didn't deserve to win. I wasn't assuming anything about any particular simulator, Microsoft or otherwise.

@ Soya

EDIT: This is an UNEDITED shot of FSX Accel, REX 2.0, CS C-130 Spectre running in DX9 + HDR mod.

where can you get this HDR mod or is it in the sim?