Mega Airport Frankfurt updated

Shaun Fletcher

Mega Airport Frankfurt was the first in the range and it was showing a few rough edges compared to the newer airports. But that's easy to solve with a good update. And we got one. The FS2004 version got some optimization, new ILS frequency etc, the FSX now boost AES lite so it has intelligent car traffic on the airport. Makes it look a lot better, a lot more modern. So a highly recommended update that you will find, as always, in the FAQs/Support section. You need to be registered and have the product registered there btw.

Important Note: This will not work on the old 3.2 version its only for the complete new revamped version.

Links: [FAQ's/Updates] [Product Page]

Mega Airport Frankfurt X

frankfurtxImg1.jpg

I bought this product on Simmarket for a long time ago (bought also a update version since then), where can I get this new update? I don´t see it in my account at Simmarket.

Regards,

Þórður S.

where can I get this new update? I don´t see it in my account at Simmarket.

I had also bought that one from Simmarket, back in 2006.

You need to register the product here, right in the Aerosoft Support Database, using the serial you got at Simmarket.

That is exactly what I did, then you will see the download links available.

I doubt you will find anything at Simmarket anytime soon, since the update was released only today, and it may take sometime before Simmarket

makes it available.

Thanks for the Update, Shaun and Team, very nice move.

There is something wrong with the afcad. When I try to go to the airport in the free flight menu, only "active runway" shows. No parking spaces or runway numbers

Thanks a lot for the update!

It came out unexpectedly for me. Especially that it's my world's number one airport, usued most often.

There is something wrong with the afcad. When I try to go to the airport in the free flight menu, only "active runway" shows. No parking spaces or runway numbers

Well, I do NOT have this problem, so check your install again.

Something may have gone wrong.

It's fixed, but only if I put the afcad file in the Frankfurt Airport scenery folder. Not in the aerosoft afd folder. Strange

Not strange at all. That's where it should be. The afd folder (TrafficTemp) contains alternative afcads for you to choose. It is not active.

By the way it is not necessary to move any files manually. The install is fully automatic.

But for some reason the Afd folder was added to my scenery list... so should I move all the active afcad files to their respective scenery folders? and delete the afd from the scenery list?

Hi Shaun,

I regsitered my Simmarket purchase and I only see these downloads :

-Service Pack 1

-Static aircraft are installed, even if they haven't been selected

-Update to version 2.00 (Fs2004)

My current install uses file called AO_EDDF_310.zip

Am I seeing what I should see ? How big is this new update for FS9 ?

Thanks

But for some reason the Afd folder was added to my scenery list

That is very strange indeed. I have no idea why it could happen, so let's wait till Shaun comes by and tells you what the problem with your installation is.

Hi Shaun,

-Service Pack 1

Thanks

I have the same, the original release of EDDF and I never upgraded. I bought it here, in Aerosoft's shop. I think there was a new version of Frankfurt a year or two ago? Could that be the reason that I olnly see the same as BrzI? If so, does the discount offered on the product page, still apply?

Thanks!

Regards,

Jure

Aerosoft,

thank you very much for this update. And also thanks to Oliver Pabst for providing us the AESlite traffic with those lots of cars and trains.

This makes this product even more better! .......this is a very :goodjob_s:

Bernhard

Hi Shaun,

-Service Pack 1

Thanks

Hello Brzl,

Please look under the product Mega Airport Frankfurt x for the updates.

If you have the old version and have not updated and dont See Mega Airpot Frankfurt X then rhes wont be for you.

But for some reason the Afd folder was added to my scenery list... so should I move all the active afcad files to their respective scenery folders? and delete the afd from the scenery list?

Hello Big_al,

The AFD folder is correct and the AFCADS should all be left in there and should be active in the scenery library..

Actually it should have been there from the initial install of Mega Airport Frankfurt X, My update was installed there and is working fine, I see all runways listed in the Go To Airport Menu.

Hi,

I found that if I remove the AESLite files I get quite more fps, but I would not like to get rid of the wonderful airport traffic. Is there a way to reduce the density? Could I disable just one or two files? What are the single file related to? I suppose the ZUG.bgl is the airport train, but what about the BAB and VOR files? Thanks.

• Developer

Hi,

I found that if I remove the AESLite files I get quite more fps, but I would not like to get rid of the wonderful airport traffic. Is there a way to reduce the density? Could I disable just one or two files? What are the single file related to? I suppose the ZUG.bgl is the airport train, but what about the BAB and VOR files? Thanks.

Normally you should have a EDDFTraffic.exe tool in the mainfolder of the MAF Scenery, where you can switch them on or off.

When I run the FS9 update, I get as far as the license agreement, then when I click "next" I get an error message that reads "This update required an uninstalled of Mega Airport Frankfurt." This happens with the FS9 version installed or uninstalled. I was able to install the FSX update with no problems. I have the CD version from Aerosoft.

I also don't think I see the season changes after setting them in the setup file. I am using vista x64, installed fsx sp2 to an alternate directory c:\games\fsx

When I run the FS9 update, I get as far as the license agreement, then when I click "next" I get an error message that reads "This update required an uninstalled of Mega Airport Frankfurt." This happens with the FS9 version installed or uninstalled. I was able to install the FSX update with no problems. I have the CD version from Aerosoft.

Hello rlipoff,

Did you write to support@aerosoft.com regarding this!

Important Note: This will not work on the old 3.2 version its only for the complete new revamped version.