SimCheck A300B4-200

Aerosoft Team

This is just my opinion, but I'm guessing that the focus of the developer was on the plane, rather than the repaints.

Yes, maybe...but so many mapping errors (on all doors, the cargo door and the nose) are not what I would expect from a €40 addon :huh:

On the Pakistan International livery one can also see a mismatch between the green color of the fuselage and the nose. These kind of mistakes should have been discovered in a serious beta test :rolleyes:

Greetings

Tim

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen these questions but is time compression supported and is it possible to configure the aircraft that the sim will pause at a certain waypoint or before TOD?

Not sure about the optical illusion but I can see where you are coming from.

When I first saw the exterior screenshots, the engines and wings look realistic but the paint and texturing on the fuselage almost looks like it comes from FS 98. Can't tell if they are just poor screenshot renditions or I am becoming too spoiled with all the McPhat repaints out there.

This is more a question on my part as I don't want Aerosoft and the developers to think I am slamming a new product that hasn't even been released.

Everything else on this plane looks fantastic and I know I will be buying it.

Karl

Totally agree with you... even the focus is not on the external, this is supposed to be much easier to design than the aircrafts systems themselves... so the developers could have make an effort. On my side I won't get this plane because beside very realistic systems, I like looking at planes and this one doesn't look good... I'll get the Airbus X though.... of course ! :rolleyes:

I don't think it's the right place to do so many comments (I mean negative comments) about the external models. Of course, don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying everything's perfect because some of your comments are right. But on a preview topic about a product that is going to be released, the sellers/developpers want to attract people, not people to say "It's not as good as I've imagined it".

Then some comments made me smiling: when somebody said it looks like a FS98 plane, he/she probably missed the fact that the A300 is a plane that was created in 1974, so it's normal it looks a bit "old". About all other comments, I think:

• First, it's a beta (a very late one, but still a beta). So the release version will, maybe, look different (for those who think it's not already great).
  • Then, it's impossible to release a really perfect add-on, without even one error, that's why some weeks after the initial release there's often a patch. Just wait for it, perhaps these paintings will be corrected!

Anyway, when a real Aircraft Industry, such as Airbus or Boeing, makes a plane, the most important is that this plane flies. Don't forget it, because Sim Companies, I suppose, have the same target, but on a Simulator. It's much more complicated to do 100% fuctionnal gauges than a repaint. I completly agree with Nick here, but as he said, it's only my opinion...

Hope my post is not too direct.

• Upvote 3

Guest inbrekers1

Does it have flexible wings?

Ow c'mon... This 2010 you know. When and where have you last seen a plane that didn't have flexing wings?

• Upvote 1

Guest montreal

I don't think it's the right place to do so many comments (I mean negative comments) about the external models. Of course, don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying everything's perfect because some of your comments are right. But on a preview topic about a product that is going to be released, the sellers/developpers want to attract people, not people to say "It's not as good as I've imagined it".

Then some comments made me smiling: when somebody said it looks like a FS98 plane, he/she probably missed the fact that the A300 is a plane that was created in 1974, so it's normal it looks a bit "old". About all other comments, I think:

• First, it's a beta (a very late one, but still a beta). So the release version will, maybe, look different (for those who think it's not already great).
  • Then, it's impossible to release a really perfect add-on, without even one error, that's why some weeks after the initial release there's often a patch. Just wait for it, perhaps these paintings will be corrected!

Anyway, when a real Aircraft Industry, such as Airbus or Boeing, makes a plane, the most important is that this plane flies. Don't forget it, because Sim Companies, I suppose, have the same target, but on a Simulator. It's much more complicated to do 100% fuctionnal gauges than a repaint. I completly agree with Nick here, but as he said, it's only my opinion...

Hope my post is not too direct.

Guest montreal

Well I'm the one who made the comment about the plane looking like something out of FS 98. And I have to smile when you claim it might be normal for the plane to look old because it was created in 1974. That is like saying that MAAM's DC-3 and CS 707 ( and many others) look too good right out of the box as they happen to be even older.

Don't get me wrong- I respect your opinion but just can't agree when you suggest that the developer could always issue a patch after the initial release to correct these paintings. I've bought a lot of FS stuff over the years - and probably a good 80% + needed a patch or two of some sort after release. However, I have never seen a patch to correct/improve paintings.

If the developer is reading some of the comments in this forum I would think it would be easier to correct any paint issues before the release.

Anyway,we all have a right to our opinion and that is what makes the FS community so enjoyable.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Anyway,we all have a right to our opinion and that is what makes the FS community so enjoyable.

Indeed! wink.gif

So let's continue the discussion about the future release instead of about our opinions laugh.gif

• Upvote 2

When will this bird get released?

Just scroll some pages back!

A small issue was found yesterday and this pushed the release from this Friday to early next week. If this slips I will report.
  • Upvote 1

one question can i download the beta version of the plane free????

Come on, you can't be serious. The guys did very good work, invested thousands of hours and have to make a living.

They are not on alimentation by a Gertrud Stein type sponsor to make freeware.

• Upvote 2

Yes, maybe...but so many mapping errors (on all doors, the cargo door and the nose) are not what I would expect from a €40 addon :huh:

On the Pakistan International livery one can also see a mismatch between the green color of the fuselage and the nose. These kind of mistakes should have been discovered in a serious beta test :rolleyes:

Greetings

Tim

I agree, for Latin America the cost of this addon is US$50 and not only mapping errors, the both 2nd main door is without small window present on doors 1,2 and 4 on Airbus. And for me, the engine nacele very close design of PW4000 present on A300-600, not the like "arial zero" : like this "0" present on CF6-50 design, for me the external model is very important. About the panel is magic.

so wheres everyones first flight going to be i was thinking DHL out of luton to brussells.

I guess from my Homebase EDDM to EDDH and vice versa!

Rgds, Patrick

Ow c'mon... This 2010 you know. When and where have you last seen a plane that didn't have flexing wings?

When: Today

Where: On the internet

PMDG Jetstream 41 for example

• Upvote 2

Guest inbrekers1

When: Today

Where: On the internet

PMDG Jetstream 41 for example

I should have put my question in an other way. When have you last seen an airplane this size without wing-flex? Even freeware stuff has wing-flex these days. (Actually the first one to introduce wing-flex was Meljet. And that was a freeware plane.)

Anyway, simcheck, I'm really curious on how this beast is going to fly. My first flight will be EBBR to EHAM or EDDF...

• Upvote 1

I should have put my question in an other way. When have you last seen an airplane this size without wing-flex? Even freeware stuff has wing-flex these days. (Actually the first one to introduce wing-flex was Meljet. And that was a freeware plane.)

Anyway, simcheck, I'm really curious on how this beast is going to fly. My first flight will be EBBR to EHAM or EDDF...

Haha, you are right.

Maybe I should have put my question in another way as well: Will this aircraft have advanced wing flex? I mean like little shakes of the wing while taxiing and during turbulence. Most planes only have wings that fold a bit when speed increases.

Would it help if I told you I noticed the wings moving when when the engines were spooling up? Now whether that was caused by a gust of wind or the engines, I'm not sure, but it was enough to make me notice the effect.

I reckon we should all do a group flight when the a300 is released.

Yeah that would be fun. Just imagine: 300 A300's and 75% of the Pilots (including me) completely unaware of the INS-Usage...<_<

Ivao/Vatsim would kill us!

Cheerio

Florian