Preview Menorca X

Rainer Duda

Hi,

some screens from Menorca, the missing balearic isle after Mallorca and Ibiza.

As usual some addons for skytextures and water installed. AI-traffic own compiled.

More screens tomorrow.

lemhx01.jpg

lemhx02.jpg

lemhx03.jpg

lemhx04.jpg

lemhx05.jpg

lemhx06.jpg

lemhx07.jpg

lemhx08.jpg

Ciao,

Rainer.

Looks VERY nice indeed, Rainer :) I will have a great trouble to resist... to add this to Mallorca's, which I already have. Which sky texture do you use, if I may ask? FE?

Thanks a lot.

Which textures I use? The answer is not so easy. Because of my past as scenery designer I'm able to change many things the way I like and mix some addons.

Most of my sky textures are - surprise - not FlightEnvironment or REX. No, it's High Definition Clouds (HDE) from Pablo Diaz. Freeware (flightsim.com or avsim.com) - nearly unbelievable. But it's interesting to see what level of quality (of course not in all parts but in some) FS-development reached (in my case with FS2004/FS9).

Ciao,

Rainer.

Most of my sky textures are - surprise - not FlightEnvironment or REX. No, it's High Definition Clouds (HDE) from Pablo Diaz.

Ahh, that's interesting Rainer, danke. Now I remember that I wanted to give these Diaz's HDE textures a go just before the avsim's hack and since then it somehow got out of my mind. Just got the file from fs.com. The lightening on your screenies looks really nice. About the level of improvement you're talking about, I totally agree. A smart mix of freeware and payware files makes fs9 like I'd have never thought possible even three years ago.

That's the pity about developpers slowly quiting with fs2004: the first generation addons for fs9 has nothing to do with nowadays achievements: that's were they're mistaken IMO, watching the sales of old outdated fs9 products doesnt mean at all that recent products wouldnt sell pretty good.

Ahh, that's interesting Rainer, danke. Now I remember that I wanted to give these Diaz's HDE textures a go just before the avsim's hack and since then it somehow got out of my mind. Just got the file from fs.com. The lightening on your screenies looks really nice. About the level of improvement you're talking about, I totally agree. A smart mix of freeware and payware files makes fs9 like I'd have never thought possible even three years ago.

That's the pity about developpers slowly quiting with fs2004: the first generation addons for fs9 has nothing to do with nowadays achievements: that's were they're mistaken IMO, watching the sales of old outdated fs9 products doesnt mean at all that recent products wouldnt sell pretty good.

Manfred, Thorsen, Rainer: You guys are awesome! :wub:;)

Rainer: What are you using for your water textures??

Sorry for my late replay, I didn't checked this thread regulary... :blush:

The water textures in the screenshots are a mix from different commercial products, which I changed for myself and my rig here.

I had never found a product which could satisfy me in nearly all aspects. So I mixed some and changed colors too.

BTW: some newer screenshots here:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=31999&view=findpost&p=205799

Ciao,

Rainer.

• 2 weeks later...