flying DHC2 Beaver

elmer

I have enjoyment in flying the beaver but have a problem. I do not know how to use the two monitors I have and I like to put on #2 monitor The radio stack, the Gps and a cockpit view then on main monitor or the 1st the outside lockspot view but I do not know how to accomplish this set up and really would appreciate any comments as to how to accomplish this. If you would be a bit detail in explaning will be great. thanks

eray9s

PS I am using window 7 and fsx

Mr. Fletcher I purchased this group of planes from you a while back and really like to fly them but I am so confused as to how I must fly or use them with 2 monitors as I do with all planes I fly. I put on main screen the plane in locked spot and on 2nd monitor put gps, radio stack and best view of cockpit with all instruments in view. Seems like some answers to above were given sometime ago and I lost them. Can you or anyone help me to enjoy the beaver by giving some thoughts as to how to use and enjoy? Thanks

eray9s (elmer)

Hello Elmer,

You can check through your own profile for your posts you made, hopefully you can find it that way.

Maybe if some gauges like the GPS you can Undock and then move to the other monitor depends how you set them up.

Guest Hodge001

Hi Elmer

Some time ago I did a mod for the BeaverX that allowed you to have the engine instrumentation, the radio stack, and the GPS unit as separate pop up panels, the mod is available from the downloads section of this forum, it may help with what you are trying to achieve.

I hope it is of some use, and if you have any questions or requests regarding it, then please do not hesistate to contact me, and I will try my best to help if possible.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hodge001

Jim thanks for the reply but where do I go to find the mod you make reference to plus I am not very literate on using the cp so will appreciate any consideration you can show in helping me make the change needed so I can enjoy flying this plane the way I do the otherplanes using both monitors. Thanks very much

eray9s (eray9s@sbcglobal.net)

Guest Hodge001

Hi Elmer

Do not worry about it we all started out the same way, the link below will take you to the downloads page of this forum, on that page you will find three downloads, all you then need to do is to click on the one named BeaverX_Pop_Up_Panels.zip.

This will open another window with the actual download link on it at the top right hand side, click on Download File and the download should start, you then have to specify a location on you system to save the file to, or take whatever is offered as a default, but just remember where the file has been save to for future reference.

Here is the link to the download you want..

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=30

The download does include full installation instructions, but if you get stuck, or do not understand something in the install instructions, then just let me know, either through the forum posts, or by using my E-Mail address in the install instructions.

By the way, it is not a wise idea to post you E-Mail address in a forum post, just a heads up on that one.

Let me know how you get on, and if you get really stuck, you shouldn’t, but if you do I will E-Mail you a copy direct from my backup files.

Jim Hodkinson