Discus B

Richard64

Hi all, I hope someone can help me.

I have the Discus but find it difficult if not impossible to control especially on launch.

When I release the tow the aircraft goes into a stall from which I cannot recover.

I am using Winch X and Cumulus X and have the "realism" settings set to easy.

I have calibrated my joystick. (Microsoft Sidewinder)

Richard

Hi all, I hope someone can help me.

I have the Discus but find it difficult if not impossible to control especially on launch.

When I release the tow the aircraft goes into a stall from which I cannot recover.

I am using Winch X and Cumulus X and have the "realism" settings set to easy.

I have calibrated my joystick. (Microsoft Sidewinder)

Richard

Hi Richard,

If you have issues with the Winch Launch on the initial run then I would ask what your frame rate is as I assume your's is to low. I believe you need 20fps for a stable launch.

The stall indicates to me that you are not putting the glider into a slight nose down atitude on releasing the cable. You need to do this and prior to any left or right turn.

The Discus works a lot better if you have your realism settings set to MAX.

Hello James and thanks for the speedy reply.

My frame rates for a, say Wolfgang Piper glider are about 100FPS and this drops to about 50FPS for the Discus so I do not think this is the problem.

I have a fairly good set up and rune the frames rates at unlimited as my system operates best like this.

I have tried the realism settings at different points but that has not made a lot of difference.

However I will try as you suggest by putting the glider into a slight nose down attitude on release.

Richard

Later, OK James that seems to work fine, many thanks.

As an additional tip to get used to the plane, make first some aerotow take offs.

As James said, realism setting must be set at Max.

I also recommend to empty the water tanks for the first flight. The water load is optional. The plane is much easier to fly it it is lighter.

Furthermore please try to set a maximum framerate of 25. It is better because you get more direct controls and prevents microstutters.

Have much fun with the Discus :-)

Bests Joachim