F-16 v 1.21 has no cockpit sounds

ggerman

HI All,

I just did a clean install of FSX w/Acceleration pack on a brand new computer and I installed the F-16 from the v. 1.21 exe, however when I select the aircraft in FSX, there are no cockpit sounds. I had them in the installation on my older FSX system, however that was installed from the original v 1.0 release and then patched up with all of the various service releases up to 1.21.

This new installation was the done using the FULL 1.21 version installer. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but still no sounds. I also tried re-downloading the installer again, but still no cockpit sounds.

I seem to recall someone else having similar problems and the culprit seemed to be the ASC.dll modeule - something about different versions of... but I can't find that thread with a search

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Greg

Hello Greg,

What happens if you install it from the original installer, do you then have sounds. If so then add the updates in increments till it then fails!

I no longer have the original 1.0 installer... just the full 1.21 installer. I bought the aircraft through Simmarket and the original installer was replaced with the full 1.21 installer. They have all of the other updates as separate downloads in my account page, but the base installer is v. 1.21.