Aerosoft Airbus X

Hello Mathijs,

I am really looking forward to Airbus X release, can't wait until it is April ;-)

Can you tell me if the Airbus is compatible with FDC Live Cockpit?

Thanks for your answer.

Peter

• Upvote 1

A321, CFM, Air Berlin

A321, CFM, Air France old livery

A321, CFM, Alitalia

A321, IEA, Lufthansa

A320, IEA, BA

A320, CFM, Niki

A320, CFM, Iberia

A320, IAE, US Airways

But there is an extensive paint kit and a lot of people are already working on repaints.

That's awesome! :)

- Emil

• Upvote 1

Do you think we could start a new Airbus A320 thread/topic thing. Maybe put all of the images/videos and new information on the first page. This would probably help the problem of people asking questions that have already been answered... I mean it is kind of ridiculous to ask someone to read through an entire 58 page thread just to answer one question.

Just an idea, -matt

• Upvote 1

Do you think we could start a new Airbus A320 thread/topic thing. Maybe put all of the images/videos and new information on the first page. This would probably help the problem of people asking questions that have already been answered... I mean it is kind of ridiculous to ask someone to read through an entire 58 page thread just to answer one question.

Just an idea, -matt

Good idea....

But a 58 page thread would not have happened if people had read former posts that allready have answered their question ;)

Finn

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Just an idea, -matt

I am expecting the final images somewhere late this week or so and then I will make a new one.

A321, CFM, Air Berlin

A321, CFM, Air France old livery

A321, CFM, Alitalia

A321, IEA, Lufthansa

A320, IEA, BA

A320, CFM, Niki

A320, CFM, Iberia

A320, IAE, US Airways

But there is an extensive paint kit and a lot of people are already working on repaints.

so none of the repaints already done will end up in the package?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

so none of the repaints already done will end up in the package?

No no, this is the set we got now. Starting tomorrow we'll again look at all repaints, there are some that are seriously good and I am sure that if the repainter allows us they will be included.

Hopefully A320 CFM Lufthansa will be also tongue.gif

Just kidding, as long as a paintkit will be available everything will be just fine.

When i was flying an airliner (normally the PMDG 737NG on FS2004), the nav database they used and my charts were from a slightly different period of time. So that meant, in order to comply fully with the charts, that i had to add custom waypoints frequently.

Now, although a lot of a pilots job is automated, they dont always have the SIDS/STARS ifor their destination in their database. So they have add it manually.

So actually, this airbus has gotten slightly more realistic.

I would imagine (and I would probably be one, though I do lots more hands on flying now) that quite a lot of simmers use the automation available to them.....ie just stick in a sid, and a star and approach. When one relies too heavily on things being done for you. In this case, the plane is flying you!

at all times, you should be flying the plane, and using automation to help you.

and if the automation cannot help you, do it yourself. Or use good old fashioned VOR/NDB tracking to follow the required path as published in the charts.

So the fact that SIDS and STARs are not included within the FMGS isnt a big deal. As a pilot, you need to be able to program it manually yourself. Its part of the job.

Paul

Well, ok. "Everthing is pretty high-end". Ok. We have hydraulic system, a correct fuelsystem which is good(But without fuelplanner, just a crappy FSX standart as I understood correctly--My opinion). Not to forget a windmilling feature--no further comments here. A good looking VC- no other way to say this, it's really well done, honestly.

Awesome repaints. And further more points.

But we still don't have a option to use/insert STARs or SIDs. An virtual rebuild of the work of an airlinepilot without a real possibility to use STARs or SIDs. Well, it's a bit funny and a contradiction, too.

Of course you can insert all waypoints one by one-- come on. Show me one guy who will do it.

Yepp, I'll promise you this will be a CONTRA-point in a review. It's not really difficult to insert a suittable STAR or SID in the FMS(However you call it) and I think even a 12 year-old person would learn it to use without reading a 200 pages manual.

"in a flight between Amsterdam and Frankfurt all you need is more or less there in great realism"--- Not given without STARs or SIDs.

And remember all these statements are a result of my point of view. And I do really like your Airbus. The external is good and the VC too. I think FBW and further features(even unimportant features like windmilling-sorry for this, it's just a perfect example) of this Airbus will be working well.

So, continue your work. Let's see what kind of features this airbus will finally has.

Good luck

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Mathijs PLEASE!!!!! can you include a Qantas Repaint and if possible not crucial but a Jetstar aswell?

Thanks,

Josh

Sorry no plans for that (we don't have any serious distribution deals in Australia), but I am rather sure some kind repainter can help you out with that.

What are the fucntions of the FMS? Is it as real as the real A320/A321? And is it correct that SID/STAR option isn't avaible and that you need to put it by yourself?Kind Regards,Jesper J.

• Upvote 1

What are the fucntions of the FMS? Is it as real as the real A320/A321? And is it correct that SID/STAR option isn't avaible and that you need to put it by yourself?Kind Regards,Jesper J.

(Yes, the FMC is as real as in the Airbus, meaning it's not there!)

On a more serious note:

If you'd bothered to read you ought to found out that it's only going to have a basic FMGC (FMC (Boeing)=FMGC (Airbus) and you won't be able to insert SIDs and Stars by choosing them from a list! Basically you don't have to read the manuals (ok, maybe a little unless you have absolutely no Airbus experience) and just load the aircraft and advance the throttles to TOGA or Flex XX.

You should aks: Is the extended version still on the agenda? Thats the thing i care about -> Question to You Mathijs? ;-)

So I think they will inclue SIDs & STARS in that version.

BTW:

You can programm SIDs & STARs by adding the waypoints manually, or not?

• Upvote 1

BTW:

You can programm SIDs & STARs by adding the waypoints manually, or not?

Basicly yes.

We use the Navigraph Airac cycle. If the waypoints for the SID/STAR is included in the cycle then You can add it.

Finn

• Upvote 1

Problem is just that sometimes a waypoint isn't actually there (as a 5letter code like ISNUB or XP224), but is, i.e. a junction of two radials or a distance from a radio station on a certain radial like VOR/220/15 (-> a point 15nm from VOR on VORs radial 220). Will the FMGC accept the usual place/bearing/distance waypoint scheme? Otherwise it could indeed become difficult to fly some SIDs/STARs, especially in countries where those procedures are mainly based on radio stations instead of GPS waypoints, and where there are no such waypoints as RNAV overlay to the SID/STAR.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Problem is just that sometimes a waypoint isn't actually there (as a 5letter code like ISNUB or XP224), but is, i.e. a junction of two radials or a distance from a radio station on a certain radial like VOR/220/15 (-> a point 15nm from VOR on VORs radial 220). Will the FMGC accept the usual place/bearing/distance waypoint scheme? Otherwise it could indeed become difficult to fly some SIDs/STARs, especially in countries where those procedures are mainly based on radio stations instead of GPS waypoints, and where there are no such waypoints as RNAV overlay to the SID/STAR.

No that's not planned. But why should that make it hard to fly the SID or STAR? Many aircraft do not have systems that do not have these kind of displays and they still use fly these approaches and departures. I assure you Airbus pilots know how to do it, when a SID/STAR is not in the database they often do not spend the time to enter it, they just take the Jeppesen chart are fly the thing.

The extended version is still planned but as it is for a smallish market it will not be started before the Airbus X is released.

• Upvote 4

Which things are left to be done? And how close are we to the last few tests befor the release?

And another question: Is it going to be possible to let the AP flying an autoland?

(without the danger of landing left ore right of the rumway, even with strong crosswind)

Guest inbrekers1

I don't know why, but it seems like some idiot went through all the posts on the last pages and gave everyone a -1 vote.. I don't know why he did it but I gave everyone who didn't deserve his -1 a +1 so they are on 0 again...

@Mathijs: She's really looking awesome... How do you guys do it? All these beautiful airplanes in a rather short time-span??

• Upvote 3