Aerosoft Airbus X

Nice to hear because it means that I will get an Aerosoft Airbus that will fulfill 100% of my requirements. ;-) Let's hope that doesn't put others off!

.. don't worry too much for others... I'll be spending more time than you will looking at the aircraft's external while cruising and this is product is exactly what I want...

• Upvote 1

You are officially my ideal customer from this moment on.

That reminds me of something I like some feedback on. Check out the attached image. It shows all the external objects that are included (makes it a bit more fun to do a walk around) But I am not sure about the chocks. I seen them this big but also smaller. Care to comment?

Btw, the GPSU actually DOES supply power and it does come with it's rather annoying sound. There is also an option that does not show the GPSU in case you land at an AES supported airport. Also note the 120 fps average. Agreed the scenery is dumbed down but it is still pretty cool.

Not to interfere with this discussion....

But I think it comes down to the perspective of the screenshot, as well as the fact that the ends of the virtual wheelchocks are a bit wider...

Look here:

post-7458-126860444162_thumb.jpg

See the red line running on the top of the wheelchock.

That shows that the wheelchocks has the same heigth as the rim of the wheel is above the ground.

Thats also what I see on the Airliners.net photos.

Just what I see !!

Finn

But I think it comes down to the perspective of the screenshot, as well as the fact that the ends of the virtual wheelchocks are a bit wider...

Look here:

That shows that the wheelchocks has the same heigth as the rim of the wheel is above the ground.

Just what I see !!

Finn

that looks really nice

.. don't worry too much for others... I'll be spending more time than you will looking at the aircraft's external while cruising and this is product is exactly what I want...

You don't have to be snippy. If you read my posting before that quoted (The one Mathijs was referring to) than you would have recognized that I wrote explicitely that I respect the requirements of others and my approach is of course a subjective one (like yours).

But if Mathijs answers that for the Airbus I'm his ideal customer than you can't expect an answer "Please don't care about me and others of my kind. See for those of the other fraction."

That wouldn't be a realistic expectation, but rather over-expectation, would it?

I even didn't think of neglecting anyone's requirements by that reply. That's seems to be putting too much weight in every single word.

It's simply your task to point out: "But we want the perfect external model!", isn't it?

If you read this thread from the point that discussion started you would have (Or have) noticed that there was a claim against Gaura "you obviously don't have the same passion for Airbuses as others ". That sounds a little bit self centered for my ears if someone puts himself in the role to determine and to establish the criteria for who is a real enthusiast und who is not.

I mean it's quite self explanatory that everyone expresses his or her subjective opinions, wishes and point of view in the forum and that's what enriches the forum, or did I get something wrong? Never claimed to speak for anybody else and never didn't...

yeah, agree, thats your opinion. and NO i dont spend all the time in the VC as you maybe do. and the a318 and a319 are lovely planes..and you want an 330 and 340, well the cockpits arent so difficult , too?so why then an a330 /a340...?!?!

i know that mathijis said they dont plan to do other models, but i just wanted to explain about my thoughts.

i think the the a320/40 would be much better (again, i know its not happening- im not pushing!! or even suggesting) because they are 2 completely different types of planes. there is a HUGE range difference between a A321 and A330 or 40. The plane is much bigger, and a lot of other things are a lot different.

btw im not saying that there is no difference between a 318/9 and 320/1. but the only major difference is between a 321 and a 318 (much shorter) and as i see it, it would not be worth the trouble to make.

That reminds me of something I like some feedback on. Check out the attached image. It shows all the external objects that are included (makes it a bit more fun to do a walk around) But I am not sure about the chocks. I seen them this big but also smaller. Care to comment?

Btw, the GPSU actually DOES supply power and it does come with it's rather annoying sound. There is also an option that does not show the GPSU in case you land at an AES supported airport. Also note the 120 fps average. Agreed the scenery is dumbed down but it is still pretty cool.

Ideal customer? K. This would be the ideal product with an A319 model!!! :(

• Upvote 1

Some shots of the external model

aerosoft_airbus_28.jpg

Hi Mathijs,

Can you pease tell at which airport these shots were taken at ? Thank you

Look here:

Just what I see !!

Finn

So... The GPU is too small?

Or the plane is closer to earth? Landing gear too short?

The chocks are smaller. They only touch one wheel. Look at the pictures made on last new years eve in frankfurt.

Lufthansa_A320_01.jpg

and

Lufthansa_A320_02.JPG

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

would be cool if we could make a "preflight-check" on our airbus, a 360° walk-around, to check our aircraft if everything is ok , thats part of pilot-being,too loool

That's perfectly possible. You'll see the APU air inlet open when it runs etc, you'll see the engines windmilling (it's a reason to check systems when only one rotates) etc.

• Aerosoft

WILL THE AIRBUS X have the refueling like the one in the picture

No, that would add a lot of polygons to the model and drag down fps without adding any functionality (it would only be something to see, unlike the GPSU that actually feeds power to the aircraft). Besides, AES does all of that much better.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

are there actually some more animations on the airbus. like on this picture here??

No, that aircraft is shown in a mix between long time storage and maintenance. Has got little to do with flight simulation as I see it.

As we said before, we do not try to simulate and Airbus but the task of a pilot. And he will almost never see an aircraft as you show it. We start with the aircraft on the platform as the crew will see it during the external checks. No denying that it looks nice, but it is something you see one time after you bought the aircraft and after that it is more or less wasted. It's like adding a virtual toilet as I recently seen. We rather spend that development time on things like the advanced lighting system that you will actually use. Of course we do have other special animations, like the windmilling of the engines, that are rather unique. But these all have are things pilots would seen on a daily base.

Keep in mind that all that you see is loaded all the time and even if not see it will have an impact on memory and frame rate.

• Upvote 5

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

No, that aircraft is shown in a mix between long time storage and maintenance. Has got little to do with flight simulation as I see it.

As we said before, we do not try to simulate and Airbus but the task of a pilot. And he will almost never see an aircraft as you show it. We start with the aircraft on the platform as the crew will see it during the external checks. No denying that it looks nice, but it is something you see one time after you bought the aircraft and after that it is more or less wasted. It's like adding a virtual toilet as I recently seen. We rather spend that development time on things like the advanced lighting system that you will actually use.

Keep in mind that all that you see is loaded all the time and even if not see it will have an impact on memory and frame rate.

roger that

• Upvote 1

Somebody asked me what animations are available in the VC... see the attached images for that.

Looking good Mathijs!

What default repaints is there gonna be? :- )

- Emil

• Aerosoft

Looking good Mathijs!

What default repaints is there gonna be? :- )

- Emil

A321, CFM, Air Berlin

A321, CFM, Air France old livery

A321, CFM, Alitalia

A321, IEA, Lufthansa

A320, IEA, BA

A320, CFM, Niki

A320, CFM, Iberia

A320, IAE, US Airways

But there is an extensive paint kit and a lot of people are already working on repaints.

• Upvote 1