Aerosoft Airbus X

i think thats a great idea :0, but im not sure to what extent this exists in reality. 

Search on youtube for something like... Hard landing or bumpy landing... make sure it's from the cabin, you definitely hear a crunch. I've been on a couple hard landings from the front of the aircraft and you could hear it very well. I'm sure the pilots can hear the crunching sound also. I think it's a really good idea.

Thanks,

If it says that the systems of the airbus aren't completly simulated, is it going to be possible, to combine the wilco and the aerosoft airbus? (gauges from the wilco bus and graphics of the aerosoft bus, or something like that)?

and by the way which systems aren't simulated completly (the flight managemant system and what else?, maybe the autopilot?)

The autopilot is obviously going to be modeled thats plain common sense. Unless you know an airline that flies the Airbus A320/321 without autopilot capability? Combining Wilco with Aerosoft Airbus is a complete downgrade (respectively) and such a request is disrespectful to Mathijs and the Aerosoft team. Gents you're ideas on increasing different environmental sounds is intriguing and I hope many of your legit ideas are considered.

-Patient Admirer of the benchmark of Future Technological Simulated Aircraft aka. Aerosoft Airbus X :-)

• Upvote 1

Combining Wilco with Aerosoft Airbus is a complete downgrade (respectively) and such a request is disrespectful to Mathijs and the Aerosoft team.

... in your opinion...

I find nothing DISRESPECTFUL in something you try to improve or let's say there can't be something disrespectful as long as there is a positive thought behind it...

regardless of the outcome (in my opinion ;) )

• Upvote 1

Or like a bang-like sound when you touchdown hard would be awesome. The harder the touchdown, the harder the bang... And if it's super soft, then no sound at all! That would be awesome. Everyone knows that sound of when a plane really hits hard. I think it'd be super cool if that was implemented.

thanks,

thats a great idea. i think the airliner sounds need to be improved a bit in general for fsx. it would be nice to have enhanced wind noises. that makes up for at least 60% of the roar you hear while flying. that deep "whooshing" noise you hear, and instead of having the traditional whirr of the turbines heard on the outside, a deep rumble would be more accurate. every airliner enthusiast knows that wonderful deep thunder from the inside as the engines spool up and the wheels start rolling. and on the outside how can you forget that loud roar that echoes through your chest when a jet begins its takeoff role. i think both are under emphasized in FSX/FS9, and its more a focus on the litteral engine noises, rather than the combined effect and atmosphere that generates the noise of an airliner.

• Upvote 3

Regarding sounds, I like

[extended] Nose Gear rumble sound

Nose wheel retract - stopping pads sound (does ? it exist in 320? )

nose touchdown sounds louder than main toucdown- from several av dvds look to me like to be more realistic

NO-LOOPING (fade-in/fade out) reverse sounds - in FS keeping reverse longer than .wav length it loops

if there is a fade in/out sounds unrealistic as long as sounds are not "contained" in a gauge but taken from sound.cfg

I have never seen reverse sound that is triggered by trottle position or change of throttle position.

I keep cutting off fade in/out part of reverse sound for personal only use) in order to avoid reverser sound loops

Gear extend/retract sound synchronized with corresponding lights.

mix of Sound of air hitting the "windshield" vs engine sound - I have been in a 737 cockpit - eng heard in higher power settings I don;t know about 320

• Upvote 1

As far as i know, its a dummy date for the boxed. so the download might even come later then that date

Doesn't the download come before the boxed version. Traditionally that usually happens

Tom

Doesn't the download come before the boxed version. Traditionally that usually happens

Tom

exactly. the download comes first, a few updates get released, and then it goes boxed.

Is the Airbus A320 from Condor on this Add-on too?

Its just a repaint, that will probably be done (If not already) by a repainter. there is NO real difference other the the paint between a condor A320 and any other a320/1

HAS THIS AIRBUS ADDON AN VIRUTAL COCKPIT???????? :D QUOTE ME DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but i really had to say this post is stupid. why do you want to be quoted down? i mean - Duh. there is only a VC. NO 2d cockpit.

warmer.... warmer...... dont worry. the realease cant be that far away.

Aerosoft Airbus X = World Cup 2010 = WE CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!

• Aerosoft

Hi Vali

Take the default MS Airbus, test your scenario then deduct approx. 2 to 5 fps and you will be in the ballpark of what the Airbus X will be like.

Between 5% and 10% drop in framerate compared to the default Airbus in the VC and about 25% in the external model. We are proud as a dog with two willies about that.

• Aerosoft

Aerosoft Airbus X = World Cup 2010 = WE CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!

Well, we got some delay at this moment because we got to deliver one of the professional spin offs of this project earlier then expected. Think we'll need two weeks on that. So that would move us to the first week of April.

Sorry kids, these big customers pay a whopping lot more then you will for roughly the same thing, so we got to be very kind to them.

Well, we got some delay at this moment because we got to deliver one of the professional spin offs of this project earlier then expected. Think we'll need two weeks on that. So that would move us to the first week of April.

Sorry kids, these big customers pay a whopping lot more then you will for roughly the same thing, so we got to be very kind to them.

No problem, you'll comfort us kids with the release of Rotterdam and schiphol (FSX) :P

• Upvote 1

Between 5% and 10% drop in framerate compared to the default Airbus in the VC and about 25% in the external model. We are proud as a dog with two willies about that.

Thanks for the answer Mathijs, this indeed sounds good! I will probably use FSX in parallel with FS9 in the future smile.gif

Ooouuuch, this makes me really feel misplaced....

I think when we're talking about our passion we all are suddenly very young and maybe childish in a way...

(at least this is what my girlfriend wants me to believe... ;))

While we wait, I'd love to start reading the documentation for this; AOM, tutorial, anything like that. I've got a really sharp eye for typos too, so I could spot those and report them back to you before the release. :)

Curt

Mathijs, Just dont announce release on the 1st of April. I wont believe you because I'll think its an April's fool joke :wacko: and will still be waiting for release and wondering why this thread has gone all quiet :lol:

• Upvote 1

I have heard rumours they will be an "advanced" package in the future?

For the more realism simmers

Is this true?

As far as I know Aerosoft maybe planning to do what you've heard. They want to add more functionality such as VNAV and some feature like SID/STAR support, etc.. But for now there aren't more details about that. They haven't even finished the AirbusX ("basic?") yet.