Aerosoft Airbus X

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

This is a video by frequentairbusflyer8 on youtube.

I would want to know if Airbus X will be compatible with shockwave lights and will it make the airbus look like that.

I hope this bus will have the PTU sounds wink.gif

Listen to this

yeah hope it has lights like this :D:D that would be epic, and of course the ptu sounds..

• Upvote 1

Mathijs

Is this great plane going to have a newish clean cockpit

I have been in VirginBlue and QANTAS cockpits and they appear to be almost new

I know in 2nd World countries like the US everything is run down but I bet Asian

Airlines are not that bad

PTU sounds are not heard from the cockpit, only from the cabin and if this project is being made from the pilots view and not the passengers view and to add to the realism i do not suggest to include the PTU sounds to be heard from the cockpit.

-Dennis

• Upvote 2

Hi! Will the AirbusX cockpit be equipted only by the Thales EIS2, or there's going to be a choise between this panel (I mean VC) and other one with the Honeywell EIS1?

• Upvote 1

Hi! Will the AirbusX cockpit be equipted only by the Thales EIS2, or there's going to be a choise between this panel (I mean VC) and other one with the Honeywell EIS1?

Do you mean the FMGS Load : FMS Legacy (Honeywell)or FMS II(Honeywell and Thales/Smiths)?

What would you prefer? :D And why? :D

Seriously, i believe you didn´t understand what´s the target-group for this addon.... ;)

Timo

• Upvote 1

Do you mean the FMGS Load : FMS Legacy (Honeywell)or FMS II(Honeywell and Thales/Smiths)?

Seriously, i believe you didn´t understand what´s the target-group for this addon.... ;)

Timo

Timo, are you a real airbus pilot or training for it? You seem to be very knowledgeable!! I have always wondered where the brakes are on an airliner, I know where the parking brakes lever is, but never figured out how taxing brakes are applied! I wonder if that's simulated on the aerosoft bus :)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

soo you say you build this hole airbus project "from the viewpoint of the pilot"...soo but why then noo complex systems, and the focus always on the "look" of this bus, i mean the standard fsx sights will be included? left wing, right wing, etc..soo i think the most fsx pilots dont spend the hole time in the cockpit, especially on long flights, where you want a good wingview, and the most customer want a good wingview..and i think, things like the strobe effect etc. should be important ,too, also you cant see them in the cockpit

Well AngelsAndAirways then perhaps this addon is not for you. You have shown that a few times now, we understand it. Though we would have liked to sell a copy to you, we don't mind if you don't buy it. It makes however not a lot of sense for you to keep explaining it, you can't serious expect we are going to change the project at this stage for you.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

To be frank, I don't see the difference with any other FSX aircraft's landing lights..... Mathijs, could you explain in what your system is different ?

Thank you,

Greg

Well for starters we got 3 taxi way lights and 3 landing lights, all controlled individually as it should. There are not many addons that have runway turnoff lights even though they are pretty important on some airports. How the lights themselves are different is best shown in the images attached here. As far as we know this is the first time this is shown on an airliner. The images attached show the aircraft with Wing Landing lights on, nose wheel taxi light on and the turn off lights on.

post-43-126806337849_thumb.jpg

post-43-126806338069_thumb.jpg

post-43-126806338275_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

This is a video by frequentairbusflyer8 on youtube.

I would want to know if Airbus X will be compatible with shockwave lights and will it make the airbus look like that.

Shockwave lights do not light up objects on the tarmac so I doubt you will want to exchange them. I agree they look good from the external views but they don't act as real lights seen from the cockpit. Check these lights and I think you agree this looks pretty good. One of the attached images is from our Bus and the other from the default bus with default lights. I think you will see which is which.

post-43-126806427057_thumb.jpg

post-43-126806427255_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

Well AngelsAndAirways then perhaps this addon is not for you. You have shown that a few times now, we understand it. Though we would have liked to sell a copy to you, we don't mind if you don't buy it. It makes however not a lot of sense for you to keep explaining it, you can't serious expect we are going to change the project at this stage for you.

so what i said, isnt true in your opinion?...and i dont wanna say that i dont like this hole airbus project,to the contrary,i love it! developers make an aaamazing job.i just wanna give some advices to make this project even better than it already is. for example with the strobe effect on the ground..but yeah we cant see them in the cockpit :D yeah we all pilots..but i´m going to buy this product! you cant detain me to buy it :D ...(shouldn be the way how you "treat" your costumers, but thats another point)..and i dont wanna change anything on this project :P ...but why then an external model, we cant see it from the cockpit??? :huh: :huh: ;)

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

maybe you could solve the "rain-effect"-issue like Full-Flight-Simulators do.

It´s very simple and looks very realistic.

They just let the "visual" become a little bit unsharp synchronous to the wiper frequency.

(You wouldn´t see single raindrops on an airbus windshield at 200 kts anyway....)

Yes we experimented with that, but it does not solve the fact it will look bad at slow speeds and is technically rather tricky.

• Upvote 2

Guest inbrekers1

No wait, I do not agree.

They show maps that are 'could' be right and most certainly add some level of realism. I do not challenge there methods, they are as good as our ideas. The difference is that we always go back to what FSX has to offer and do not fake things. F1 and PMDG do not show useless maps, they show an approximation of what could be seen.

Yeah. That's what I meant. The do show you something depending on the weather theme selected, but you won't really be able of telling where you shouldn't fly and where you should be going. So it's quite useless because you can see the weather in your sliders and by looking around...

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

PTU sounds are not heard from the cockpit, only from the cabin and if this project is being made from the pilots view and not the passengers view and to add to the realism i do not suggest to include the PTU sounds to be heard from the cockpit.

-Dennis

Wait, we got some information that they are heard in the cockpit (though softly) so we might add them.

Update.. I got the sound and we now know exactly when to play it. When the two main hydraulic systems have more then 500 PSI difference the Power Transfer Unit will equalize with that strange sound (some call it a barking dog, others think it is the wings being removed with a saw). Now on a A320 the pilots hear it when the got the door open, in the A321 that has a bit better sound proving and a bit longer distance it is doubtful. But I think this is a case of artistic liberty and we will add it.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

We are working mainly with the Honeywell Pegasus, though it could very well be a page from another one slips in. We don't really mind an awful lot about that.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

so what i said, isnt true in your opinion?...and i dont wanna say that i dont like this hole airbus project,to the contrary,i love it! developers make an aaamazing job.i just wanna give some advices to make this project even better than it already is. for example with the strobe effect on the ground..but yeah we cant see them in the cockpit :D yeah we all pilots..but i´m going to buy this product! you cant detain me to buy it :D ...(shouldn be the way how you "treat" your costumers, but thats another point)..and i dont wanna change anything on this project :P ...but why then an external model, we cant see it from the cockpit??? :huh: :huh: ;)

Well it really seems you missed part of the whole conversation as you come back to issues we already explained a few times. It becomes more or less annoying when we keep getting over and over to the same issues. Now you are in the top ten of posters with down votes so your posts seem to have the same effect on others as it has on me. Take the hint and settle down while we complete this project. We will not include any of the suggestions you made, I am sorry for that. Repeating them with a load of smileys simply is not a very helpful addition to this discussion.

• Upvote 6

Well for starters we got 3 taxi way lights and 3 landing lights, all controlled individually as it should. There are not many addons that have runway turnoff lights even though they are pretty important on some airports. How the lights themselves are different is best shown in the images attached here. As far as we know this is the first time this is shown on an airliner. The images attached show the aircraft with Wing Landing lights on, nose wheel taxi light on and the turn off lights on.

awesome lights :) truly the best every for FS :D

• Upvote 1

Timo

Hi, Timo!

No, I did not mean the FMS, I was speaking about the EIS. The Thales EIS II and the Honeywell EIS have visual differences, look at the pictures below:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Avianca/Airbus-A320-214/1648721/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Thomas-Cook-Airlines/Airbus-A320-214/1593248/L/

The Avianca Airbus is equipted with EIS 2 (the PDF, ND and ECAM displays are rectangular and they use LCD screens), while the Thomas-Cook one has the EIS 1 (it has CRT screens and the displays have rounded borders).

P.S.: i'm speaking about visual differences only, so i understood the target-group, that's why i'm asking... ;)

• Upvote 1

Hi, Timo!

No, I did not mean the FMS, I was speaking about the EIS. The Thales EIS II and the Honeywell EIS have visual differences, look at the pictures below:

The Avianca Airbus is equipted with EIS 2 (the PDF, ND and ECAM displays are rectangular and they use LCD screens), while the Thomas-Cook one has the EIS 1 (it has CRT screens and the displays have rounded borders).

P.S.: i'm speaking about visual differences only, so i understood the target-group, that's why i'm asking... ;)

We are using the EIS 2 version.

Finn

• Upvote 1

Its all coming along nicely! I love the lights! I was wondering if anymore development news on the TCAS system? I mentioned it ages ago and you said it may be implemented, if so how is the system coming along?

• Upvote 2

Those pictures you'v sent Mathijs are fantastic, absolutely bautifull ( ?? ) very nice looking more and more forward to the Bus now

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Its all coming along nicely! I love the lights! I was wondering if anymore development news on the TCAS system? I mentioned it ages ago and you said it may be implemented, if so how is the system coming along?

As far as I know it's fully done.

• Upvote 1

Hi, Timo!

Now i got your question right, you are talking about the LCDU´s and CRT EIS...

After all i know, CRT´s are not implemented in the A32X any more since a few years...

Timo

• Upvote 1