Aerosoft Airbus X

i had thinked about the weather radar you guys say "the fs is not complex enough to simulate an weather radar" how should then any simulator on the world can simulate weather radar throose radiate and if its reflect the weather radar now that there is a cloud.how should an simulator throw radiates????it wil be never possible in any flight simulator.look at the PSS 777 it has weather radar an weather radar can be real it should show the fs weather!think about the thema "weather radar for fs"

• Upvote 1

Getting close on the displays now... This is what Scott just send me.

Still haven't touched the fonts, just as an FYI to some who didn't prefer them. That may be one of the last things I do. There's still plenty to add or tidy up... revising the speed tape numbers, for instance.

Getting close on the displays now... This is what Scott just send me.

Mathijs, is the style of the letters final or are you still working on them? I ask this, because in comparison to real Airbus pictures they still look a bit different, just slightly but still noticeable. As you said the focus lies on the "look" of the aircraft, it might worth to reconsider.

Conchi

• Upvote 3

As long as the font is clear I dont think many simmers would mind due to the shimmer from AA on some cards alot of gauges out there can be really hard to read  :rolleyes:

Mathijs, is the style of the letters final or are you still working on them? I ask this, because in comparison to real Airbus pictures they still look a bit different, just slightly but still noticeable. As you said the focus lies on the "look" of the aircraft, it might worth to reconsider.

Conchi

Hi Conchi. Just above your post, I was sure to point out that font style finalization may be one of the last things I do (because it'll be FUN, and fun can only come after the rest of the displays' WORK is done, right? ;-). I think that a while back you were talking about font *numbers*. Now letters. There are at least four different (default) font types in those displays right now, and I will definitely be taking a closer look as to best choice or each area. One of the problems is that I think we pretty much need to stick to default fonts, and for some specific areas of the displays that font needs to be very THIN. And there just are not a lot of very thin default fonts. Even arial and its thinner variants are quite thick when increased in size. And the FSX Glass Gauge font has those funky looking numbers. Anyway, do not worry, I'll take a look at every single Windows font if need be and get it as close as possible to the real think. I DEFINITELY do believe that "look and feel" is a very, very important thing, even if somewhat subjective. Bottom line though, no need to worry about that issue.

Scott

• Upvote 1

Hi Conchi. Just above your post, I was sure to point out that font style finalization may be one of the last things I do (because it'll be FUN, and fun can only come after the rest of the displays' WORK is done, right? ;-). I think that a while back you were talking about font *numbers*. Now letters. There are at least four different (default) font types in those displays right now, and I will definitely be taking a closer look as to best choice or each area. One of the problems is that I think we pretty much need to stick to default fonts, and for some specific areas of the displays that font needs to be very THIN. And there just are not a lot of very thin default fonts. Even arial and its thinner variants are quite thick when increased in size. And the FSX Glass Gauge font has those funky looking numbers. Anyway, do not worry, I'll take a look at every single Windows font if need be and get it as close as possible to the real think. I DEFINITELY do believe that "look and feel" is a very, very important thing, even if somewhat subjective. Bottom line though, no need to worry about that issue.

Scott

Ah, alright. Well, it was just the very first thing that caught my eye when i looked at Mathijs screenshot. I am sure you guys give the best you can and there is no doubt that the visuals you create are rising the bar to a whole new level.

Conchi

Such a pitty no ARC's on the display! :(

I'm not sure what you're referring to. There is definitely an ARC mode on the NAV display -- in fact that's the default mode -- and also a PLAN mode, and three rose modes (NAV, VOR, and ILS, ILS being the one displayed in the above screenshot).

The airplane icon in the middle IS missing, isn't it. I must've covered him with some other mask or something. Easy fix.

• Aerosoft

i had thinked about the weather radar you guys say "the fs is not complex enough to simulate an weather radar" how should then any simulator on the world can simulate weather radar throose radiate and if its reflect the weather radar now that there is a cloud.how should an simulator throw radiates????it wil be never possible in any flight simulator.look at the PSS 777 it has weather radar an weather radar can be real it should show the fs weather!think about the thema "weather radar for fs"

Look it is really very simple. Weather radar detects precipitation (rain. hail, to certain degree snow). But FSX only has rain at the aircraft location, there simply IS no rain at any other location. There is not even a way to get the location of a cloud that could indicate rain. Now it's not to hard to show some moving bitmaps when FSX weather tells you there is rain, but that would be 100% fake. There is no way to have an FSX weather radar that allows you to avoid weather for the simple reason that weather is not there to detect.

So it is not a matter of simulating a weather radar in our opinion, it is faking a simulated weather radar. I fully respect others do that but we have been working on the idea that everything we include should be based on something that actually exists in FSX.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Such a pitty no ARC's on the display! :(

Why do you think there is no ARC mode? What is shown is the ILS mode and you would not want to see an ARC mode when on an ILS approach, it is more or less assumed that you know where you are going if you are on an ILS, right?

post-43-126797413702_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

I'm not sure what you're referring to. There is definitely an ARC mode on the NAV display -- in fact that's the default mode -- and also a PLAN mode, and three rose modes (NAV, VOR, and ILS, ILS being the one displayed in the above screenshot).

The airplane icon in the middle IS missing, isn't it. I must've covered him with some other mask or something. Easy fix.

Maybe he means the range Rings

Stefan

Now that the Airbus X wont have SID/STARS is there another workaround to use them while flying? Like manuel enter them or other ways? It looks quite great i must admit graphically so it would be great if i could use this bus for online flying (which is 90% of my simflying)

cheers

;)

• Aerosoft

Now that the Airbus X wont have SID/STARS is there another workaround to use them while flying? Like manuel enter them or other ways? It looks quite great i must admit graphically so it would be great if i could use this bus for online flying (which is 90% of my simflying)

cheers

;)

But of course. a SID or STAR is nothing more then a series of waypoints, right?

So you can either add them to the flight plan using the MCDU, or use the FSX flightplanner to make a flight plan (or use any other tool to make a flight plan that can be imported in FSX).

• Upvote 1

cheers

;)

Yep SID/STARS is just waypoints, the only reason it's pre-entered on the FMCS/CDU's is that it will spare the pilots time and is fast if the dep rwy and SID changes.

Look it is really very simple. Weather radar detects precipitation (rain. hail, to certain degree snow). But FSX only has rain at the aircraft location, there simply IS no rain at any other location. There is not even a way to get the location of a cloud that could indicate rain. Now it's not to hard to show some moving bitmaps when FSX weather tells you there is rain, but that would be 100% fake. There is no way to have an FSX weather radar that allows you to avoid weather for the simple reason that weather is not there to detect.

So it is not a matter of simulating a weather radar in our opinion, it is faking a simulated weather radar. I fully respect others do that but we have been working on the idea that everything we include should be based on something that actually exists in FSX.

Hello Mathijs,

I sent you a PM about weather radar. What do you think about it??

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Once again, don't know if it have been asked before.

Has your airbus any heat effects behind the engines (flicker or so)?

Sorry if it have been asked before.

Cheers!

Holgi

• Aerosoft

Once again, don't know if it have been asked before.

Has your airbus any heat effects behind the engines (flicker or so)?

Sorry if it have been asked before.

Cheers!

Holgi

Not yet. I have never seen it look good in any product for FSX. I actually doubt it can be done with some good results. Please correct me when I am wrong.

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs,

I sent you a PM about weather radar. What do you think about it??

Regards

I am sorry, no weather radar until FSX has rain in front of the aircraft. Perhaps we'll fake something in the more complex version, but I am very reluctant to do anything like that.

I am sorry, no weather radar until FSX has rain in front of the aircraft. Perhaps we'll fake something in the more complex version, but I am very reluctant to do anything like that.

As I currently understand it, the complex version would be done if the sales level for Airbus X is sufficient enough to warrant further development. I believe that's how it was mentioned earlier. Should we then assume that if a complex version is completed, it would be a patch to the initial version at an upgrade cost, or would you sell it as a separate product entirely and discount the price to existing Airbus X customers?

Curt

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

As I currently understand it, the complex version would be done if the sales level for Airbus X is sufficient enough to warrant further development. I believe that's how it was mentioned earlier. Should we then assume that if a complex version is completed, it would be a patch to the initial version at an upgrade cost, or would you sell it as a separate product entirely and discount the price to existing Airbus X customers?

Curt

It seems pretty certain we'll do a more advanced version of the MCDU systems this summer. It will only be marketed as a low cost "add-in to the add-on", think 10 euro or so. We still do not expect a lot from it but it seems a bit of a waste not to add advanced systems to an aircraft that looks so good as this one. Sometimes you got to think with your heart and not spreadsheets.

• Upvote 12

Guest inbrekers1
Sometimes you got to think with your heart and not spreadsheets.

Luckily Aerosoft doesn't live only on decisions by hart. Otherwise, it wouldn't be living long.

I really love the visual detail in this project btw.

It seems pretty certain we'll do a more advanced version of the MCDU systems this summer. It will only be marketed as a low cost "add-in to the add-on", think 10 euro or so. We still do not expect a lot from it but it seems a bit of a waste not to add advanced systems to an aircraft that looks so good as this one. Sometimes you got to think with your heart and not spreadsheets.

Mathijs,

I would have bought this bus anyway, but the fact that you are going to make the upgrade helps me to forget the "other guy's" project which is moving at a very slow pace, perhaps never making it to FSX. I think that when more people waiting over there get a look at your advanced version, you'll get more customers than you thought. I know that I am one of the converted.

Dave

• Upvote 1

as said previously in a hundred posts, no it wont.

i do admit i think it would be cool to have one, but its not practical as FSX doesnt have "planned" weather.

Sorry, I didn't read it.

I don't think that, Flight1 planes have it, and I read in another forums that PMDG 737 also have it, so I don't understand why any A320 have one

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I didn't read it.

I don't think that, Flight1 planes have it, and I read in another forums that PMDG 737 also have it, so I don't understand why any A320 have one

Then why don't you read the thread. The question has been asked at least twice and was answered twice as well.

Shouldn't be such a problem, right?

No offense intended.

• Upvote 1