Aerosoft Airbus X

Mathijs, does it say "retard" the moment you touch down or when passing 20 ft ? Is that company policy, cause I only know "retard" when passing 20 ft.

Is also the "5" - call implemented? (I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it answered.)

Thx

Mat

I think it goes like, 50, 40, 30, 20, RETARD RETARD, 10( or RETARD or 5 ) see here

@ Goair ,

The screenshots placed by ny " colleague " painter do not resemble the paint in its current form , as this is the paint from the Alpha paintkit and I am now working on the Beta version .

I am also correcting some " faults " as show in the screens .

@ Gaura ,

At least in the future , let me make up my own mind whether to place screenshots of my work , as the screenshots that are placed in the ( closed ) painters forum are just that - closed .

When I have updated the Monarch paints - old & new colours I will post them myself .

John

I think it goes like, 50, 40, 30, 20, RETARD RETARD, 10( or RETARD or 5 ) see here

Interesting. I don't know which company was flying in this video, but in this case it's just counting down to 20, thereafter "retard" - and that's it. No "10" and no "5". So now I'm curious what will be implemented in this airbus by aerosoft?

Actually, as far as i know, it has nothing to do with "different call-out systems". Infact, the "retard" is only called when the PF has not set the thrust levers to idle by 20 ft. If he keeps the thrust levers close to idle the computer will keep saying "retard" until he fully pulls them to idle. While the GPWS says "retard" it won't say "10" or "5" at the very same time but if, for example the PF pulls the thrust levers to idle directly after 20 ft, the system will call at least "10" and depending on the vertical speed, it will also say "5". Actually, "5" is a very good indication for a good flare, a real A330 pilot from Thai once told me.

However, that is only my knowledge and it might be faulty :blush:, if anyone knows it better, feel free to correct me.

Conchi

Actually, as far as i know, it has nothing to do with "different call-out systems". Infact, the "retard" is only called when the PF has not set the thrust levers to idle by 20 ft. If he keeps the thrust levers close to idle the computer will keep saying "retard" until he fully pulls them to idle. While the GPWS says "retard" it won't say "10" or "5" at the very same time but if, for example the PF pulls the thrust levers to idle directly after 20 ft, the system will call at least "10" and depending on the vertical speed, it will also say "5". Actually, "5" is a very good indication for a good flare, a real A330 pilot from Thai once told me....

You´re right concerning the " retard, 10, 5".

Everything above "50" is company-specific. You can even choose if "2500" is pronounced

"twenty five hundred" (like in Boeings) or "two thousand five hundred".

Even the decision height-callout is optional.

Timo

You´re right concerning the " retard, 10, 5".

Everything above "50" is company-specific. You can even choose if "2500" is pronounced

"twenty five hundred" (like in Boeings) or "two thousand five hundred".

Even the decision height-callout "minimum" is optional.

Timo

So that means in the video posted above the levers weren't quite on idle so there was the callout "retard" all the time? And after this callout stopped (levers on idle now) the descent rate was to high so there was no callout "10" and "5"?

So that means in the video posted above the levers weren't quite on idle so there was the callout "retard" all the time? And after this callout stopped (levers on idle now) the descent rate was to high so there was no callout "10" and "5"?

Not precisely. Yes, he pulled the thrustlevers to idle rather late, hence the multiple "retard" call-outs. However, refering to no callouts of "10" and "5", the aircraft simply could have been lower than 10ft when the "retard" stopped, therefore no callout of "10".

However, that's only hypothetically, there could be other reasons as well.

Conchi

I don´t think the descent rate was too high.

But probably the PNF pulled the levers back very gently and hence the "retard" callout came four times

(and meanwhile the aircraft flared below 10 ft, like conchulio assumed)

Timo

I don´t think the descent rate was too high.

But probably the PNF pulled the levers back very gently and hence the "retard" callout came four times

(and meanwhile the aircraft flared below 10 ft, like conchulio assumed)

Timo

Allright - and maybe the aircraft flared below 5ft so there was no "5" callout either... I understand.

So is the "10" and "5" callout basically implemented in Aerosoft's airbus?

Thx guys!

Mat

yeah? why??

Probably because V1 and VR are more important because they require an action of the pilot:

-V1 is the takeoff decision speed - if an engine failure occurs below this speed you abort or reject the takeoff. If it occurs above this speed you continue the takeoff.

- Vr is the rotation speed - where the nose gear is raised off the runway surface, but must allow the aircraft to accelerate to V2 before the aircraft reaches 35ft above the takeoff surface.

V2 is (just) informative:

(V2 is the takeoff safety speed - this minimum speed must be reached before the aircraft reaches 35ft above the takeoff surface with one engine inoperative. It guarantees a specific climb gradient up to 1500ft for obstacle clearance.)

Furthermore, there is the "80 knots" callout of the PNF for two reasons:

first, PF and PNF can check if their airspeed-indicators are synchronic.

second, up to 80 knots you will abort for everything. Between 80 knots and V1 you only abort for engine failure or fire.

The most difficult part of a flight is the landing, but the most dangerous part of a flight is the takeoff, because there

you have the slightest resources.

Timo

• Upvote 3

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

i know the function of the callouts^^but ok..hm v2 should be important , too..but yeah, hope we have them on the bus

Hi. I'm surprised to see this, but I have one question.

This Airbus will have weather radar in the panel?

thanks!!

as said previously in a hundred posts, no it wont.

i do admit i think it would be cool to have one, but its not practical as FSX doesnt have "planned" weather.

• Upvote 2

Hello!

I cannot wait to buy this plane but i am probably going to get killed on this forum for asking this question and i do apologize but here goes,

is release still planned for this month, March?

-Dennis

• Upvote 1

FOLKS, PLEEEEAAASSEE!

All your questions for weather radar, FBW, release date, etc. etc. have been answered SEVERAL times

before on this forum.

Please take three or four minutes and scroll through the last pages....or use the SEARCH-function.

Thanks

Timo

• Upvote 9

Guest inbrekers1

I have an idea... We just ignore posts with questions who have been asked several times before on the previous pages.

• Upvote 5

Please take three or four minutes and scroll through the last pages....or use the SEARCH-function.

Forget it, Timo!

As a longtime moderator I can tell you that's the way it is.

90% of people want YOU to tell them what they need to know.

Even if it was written a page before.

Ignoring seems a good way.

• Upvote 4