Aerosoft Airbus X

what is an mkv File???? Can't play it. Why do you use such an exotic format?

Otto

Use VLC media player. It can handle nearly every "exotic" format ;)

Btw, Gaura Mohana, why did you fly in such difficult weather situation? It would have been much clearer and easier to look at all the features etc with calm winds etc.

Nonetheless, i think i speak for all when i say thank you very much for being so forthcoming to do a video! Much appreciated.

Conchi

Use VLC media player. It can handle nearly every "exotic" format ;)

Btw, Gaura Mohana, why did you fly in such difficult weather situation? It would have been much clearer and easier to look at all the features etc with calm winds etc.

Nonetheless, i think i speak for all when i say thank you very much for being so forthcoming to do a video! Much appreciated.

Conchi

it was real time weather :)

im trying right now to retake the same video with clear weather (and with good FPS).

• Upvote 1

good job ;) the plane is the best airbus ever released...but ur frames are very low how can u stand this??? :( and why the beacon light is flashing on the air ?? :P:rolleyes:

Although I was interested in seeing the video, I cant help thinking it would be better not to release such early alpha material as it is sure to ellicit the sort of questions above. Perhaps its better to wait for the developers to release something they are comfortable with in their own time.

Although I was interested in seeing the video, I cant help thinking it would be better not to release such early alpha material as it is sure to ellicit the sort of questions above. Perhaps its better to wait for the developers to release something they are comfortable with in their own time.

Agreed! I'd like to wait a week or two more for getting a better bird. ^^

Aerosoft team, this is a very good job atm! Keep it up! :D

what do you mean?

All I mean is that seeing my OLD work thrown out there for public consumption, when I know there are errors or ommissions or inconsistencies in it, is a little scary. It opens the door to an inevitability... something akin to a builder having to defend against criticism of the layout of a house he's building, before many of the walls are even up. (Ehhh, something like that....) But that is what, as a developer, you're automatically exposed to. I've already gotten an e-mail about "will you fix x, y, and z?" Yes, already fixed, in fact. So, I'm not criticizing you Gaura, please know that. (I even complemented the way you used a second window for the PFD. ;-) You got permission from Mathijs, so that's really all that matters. Still, I think he knows what we developers are talking about, as he's a developer himself.... something he too is conscious of, about how careful you must be with releasing alpha pics or videos. FWIW, I liked your video, but just got a little knot in my stomach and that "oh no" feeling at a few points where the old PFD and ND are shown. Once again in this thread, I'm mainly just trying to prevent the combustion of small fires that don't even need to exist. I'd rather spend all my time developing and improving the gauges, not defending old versions. That's all.

So, no offense intended towards you, I promise!

Scott

Hi Folks!

Im also an developer on this bird, responsible for modeling/texturing.

I can only say im too surprised about the video, surely here went something different then it was intended.

It is definitly not what you can await from the finished product. Its an early version the repainters got to experiment with exterior paintings.

Internally we are now generations above that status.

Best

Stefan

PS: I just finished an external power unit which stands beside the aircraft...its shown when you call for external power via overhead button

• Upvote 2

Hey guys even in ALPHA this bus is still amazing and nothing out there can touch it in terms looks and modeling. Aerosoft is the only development of addons I know that let the potential customer view the product at various stages and for that I thank you. Its great to have an insight into how these things get off paper and onto our screens, it makes the final product more special. The whole FSX community is buzzing with apprehension of the release of the Bus and I suppose watching the development process is an advertisement in its self. So don't worry about what people may think, they know from watching the Catalina development :rolleyes: that the final product will be awesome!

Guys i have the video saved to my desktop if anyone wants too see it let me know!! As long as Gaura has no problem with it, i could alwasys upload it too You Tube!!!

First rate stuff! Looks fantastic and everything looks solid (no flat textures) I especially love the detail of the interior strip lights in picture number 5, lots of special touches like that shows how much the development team is enjoying making this Bus! :rolleyes:

Guest denis ndregjoni

let me be the first to say that that wingview looks too good to be a simulator screenshot!!! ;)

Guys i have the video saved to my desktop if anyone wants too see it let me know!! As long as Gaura has no problem with it, i could alwasys upload it too You Tube!!!

Under NO instance please post the video elsewhere. Aerosoft gave no permission so.

Best

Stefan

• Upvote 1

Normally when posting Alpha and Beta screenshots and videos, the developers and publishers are very cautious not to show stuff that are too unfinished.

Most people simply seem to misinterprete what they see, just read this thread, and You will see how fast screenshots become the cause for all kind of "bug" reports.

Bug reporting is something for the beta testers, and NOT for the people visiting this forum.

If You see something obviously wrong, it´s fine to comment, but also note that most stuff not looking correct are stuff we allready know about.

A little sidenote: Compressor blades now windmill on the ground when the engines are off according to wind direction and strength :)

Finn (Developer)

• Upvote 3

That Air Berlin paint is amazing! I like a lot the level of details. I will not buy it because on FSX I have low performance (even with good PC), but I must say that it will be a great Airbus when it will be finished and I enjoy watching these nice screenshots and videos.

• Upvote 1

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

woow! especially i love the engines, they are sooo good formed, looks so perfect...cant wait for this bus..