Aerosoft Airbus X

• Aerosoft

Hi Joshua. Fonts are not finalized yet. I will use the very nice images we have on hand as a guide, and before release the whole dev team will have a chance to offer input as to which one looks most accurate.

Got to say he makes sense with the numbers..... checking it out tomorrow.

Now you understand why we like to be as open as we are in this stage?

• Upvote 2

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

But sure, they are just additional windows with all the options FSX has. You can make them as big as you want, undock them. You really should experiment with the [d] and keys in FSX as there are many very nice options there!

mathijs what about the frames, when you have severl windows open, i know it from fsx, when i have more windows open, it really goes down lol

Hi Mathijs,

One of the first questions I asked when you announced that bus was if the windows would be see through giving an impression of the main frame thickness. You showed me a very close view of the model to show me the answer was YES. However, none of the shots that were posted recently (I mean now the aircraft is almost done) show the windows transparency and the cabin thickness....

Would you be so kind enough to post a few shots of a window under different angles ?

thank you very much

Greg

No wing flex! Are you joking?

I honestly do not fully understand why it's such a big deal to people. A few more recently released high end aircraft do not have it.

I unanimously support that opinion! Good framerates and a functional and good looking cockpit is more important! Way more important!

but how often are you looking at the wingtips when you are flying in FSX?

For my part the answer is very simple: Never!

For me the FlightSimulator should give me the opportunity to do what is done in real cockpit: flying the aircraft! And that's done from the cockpit and not from anywhere else. And I don't know a single pilot in reality who leans towards the side-window to grasp a look of wing-flexing. Perhaps if he hears an alarming thump from backwards and all warning lights go loose... And even then he's not gazing for the wing-flex but rather if there's anything left that can still flex. ;-)

My way of sim-flying mirrors the way of others here: I stay in cockpit view from gate to gate!

I have not done any 2d panels in aircraft for 4 years because they simply have very little function. They can all be replace by VC viewpoints.

My backup for that as well! I was reluctant towards VC when FS2002 was released back in autumn 2001 because the VC quality was inferior to 2d panels then. But nowadays the VC offers a quality that exceeds that of 2d panels by far. I can't think of a single advantage of 2d panels that could justify their existence anymore.

The trend today is 3D modelled gauges.

And rightly so!

Not only to mention the "3d-feeling" and graphical quality: Furthermore VCs are vector-graphic and hence no problems with 4:3 versus widescreen monitors. With 2d panels the developer has to offer n numbers of different bitmaps to meet all screen ratios or you have to live with totally distorted ellipsoid instruments.

Just that is a huge advantage for VC!

And look a the marvellous quality of the throttle quadrant/pedestal of the Aerosoft A320 at the screenshots in this thread! You cannot possibly come close to that with 2d.

• Upvote 3

Hello

It has been said that, AIRBUS X will remain as "non-complex" as possible and I understand and respect that course.

though, I have to ask how Throttle detents (do I say it correctly ??) will be implemented ? (if will be...)

I mean CL - FLX - and TO/GA ?

Regards

Sam

Hello

It has been said that, AIRBUS X will remain as "non-complex" as possible and I understand and respect that course.

though, I have to ask how Throttle detents (do I say it correctly ??) will be implemented ? (if will be...)

I mean CL - FLX - and TO/GA ?

Regards

Sam

Has been answered a few times before....

...but yes !

Throttle detends are modelled.

Finn

I unanimously support that opinion! Good framerates and a functional and good looking cockpit is more important! Way more important!

For me the FlightSimulator should give me the opportunity to do what is done in real cockpit: flying the aircraft! And that's done from the cockpit and not from anywhere else. And I don't know a single pilot in reality who leans towards the side-window to grasp a look of wing-flexing. Perhaps if he hears an alarming thump from backwards and all warning lights go loose... And even then he's not gazing for the wing-flex but rather if there's anything left that can still flex. ;-)

My way of sim-flying mirrors the way of others here: I stay in cockpit view from gate to gate!

My backup for that as well! I was reluctant towards VC when FS2002 was released back in autumn 2001 because the VC quality was inferior to 2d panels then. But nowadays the VC offers a quality that exceeds that of 2d panels by far. I can't think of a single advantage of 2d panels that could justify their existence anymore.

And rightly so!

I am very happy that the aircraft looks beautiful externally and if this is not important to you, well,you are not alone on earth... While cruising at FL330, I am glad to see my aircraft cruising through the great REX clouds..

Not only to mention the "3d-feeling" and graphical quality: Furthermore VCs are vector-graphic and hence no problems with 4:3 versus widescreen monitors. With 2d panels the developer has to offer n numbers of different bitmaps to meet all screen ratios or you have to live with totally distorted ellipsoid instruments.

And look a the marvellous quality of the throttle quadrant/pedestal of the Aerosoft A320 at the screenshots in this thread! You cannot possibly come close to that with 2d.

... I am glad that this bus looks great externally and if this is not important to you, well you are not alone... I love looking at me plane cruising through the great REX clouds at FL330 just before starting to prepare TOD...

• Upvote 1

And rightly so!

Mate you saved my day! Thanks man!

These answers are the real ones!

That looks awesome!

Is the birds release between now and end of Feb? =)

Mathjis already stated that release is expected between beginning and mid of march. However, as far as i can inteprete that, it's just a guestimate

Hi I´v seen that Icelandair is gonna buy a Airbus A320 in the future ( not 100% sure but 90% ) and it would be nice if you guys would add the Icelandair liveries to the 320. That would put close my deal on this awesome plane

Birgir

• Aerosoft

Hi I´v seen that Icelandair is gonna buy a Airbus A320 in the future ( not 100% sure but 90% ) and it would be nice if you guys would add the Icelandair liveries to the 320. That would put close my deal on this awesome plane

Birgir

Well as we got no idea how it will look it seems a bit unlikely that we can include it right? Assuming they do buy it.

Hello Mathijs,

nice picture with the IBERIA livery! And i LOVE the wear and tear on all your

shown liveries. Very realistic!

1) But again the question:

what will be the "state of usage" of your VC?

I always can´t understand why people like an external model which "has a life"

but a completely flawless cockpit. The cockpit is a WORKPLACE nearly 24/7.

I´ve been in a nearly brandnew A320 of Air Berlin in EDDN last month and the

cockpit was full of scratches and marks at the glareshield and at the

corners of the screws e.g..

But i know: question of personal taste...

2) And: could you give us a screenshot of the planned fluffy sheepskincover of the

pilot´s seat. I´m really looking forward to this ...

3) Could you please post a screenshot of the recent ECAM. Is your master-aircraft an A321

with CFM and will you so implement the N1-gauge for CFM as well as for IAE or will the IAE-engines get

their EPR-gauge?

Regards,

Timo

• Upvote 1

Well as we got no idea how it will look it seems a bit unlikely that we can include it right? Assuming they do buy it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=98735&id=100000599227828 The 320 is in the middle and its got IAE engines. I have a freeware model of it wich I can take more pics of but thats not a very good detail.

Somebody asked me to show a bit of the manual. Now this is a exceptionally nice page but still fun to show. All these lights will work and all of these lights will REALLY light up objects so they are not like standard. Just look at the images (the lights still need tweaking and ONLY the two wing landing lights are on, the nose gear take-off light is off).

Now what we can NOT find is any documents showing how far and how wide the lights shine and Airbus is not willing to help me with this. If anybody has any details I would be very happy!

Mathijs, if you're looking for anything else to help you set the lights properly, click on the link for a very clear depiction of wing lights on taxiway, followed by nose light on runway. If someone accuses you of not doing the lights correctly, you can use this video as your defense. :)

Curt

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

Mathijs, if you're looking for anything else to help you set the lights properly, click on the link for a very clear depiction of wing lights on taxiway, followed by nose light on runway. If someone accuses you of not doing the lights correctly, you can use this video as your defense. :)

Curt

the blue effect would be nice on the aerosoft bus..

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs,

nice picture with the IBERIA livery! And i LOVE the wear and tear on all your

shown liveries. Very realistic!

1) But again the question:

what will be the "state of usage" of your VC?

I always can´t understand why people like an external model which "has a life"

but a completely flawless cockpit. The cockpit is a WORKPLACE nearly 24/7.

I´ve been in a nearly brandnew A320 of Air Berlin in EDDN last month and the

cockpit was full of scratches and marks at the glareshield and at the

corners of the screws e.g..

But i know: question of personal taste...

2) And: could you give us a screenshot of the planned fluffy sheepskincover of the

pilot´s seat. I´m really looking forward to this ...

3) Could you please post a screenshot of the recent ECAM. Is your master-aircraft an A321

with CFM and will you so implement the N1-gauge for CFM as well as for IAE or will the IAE-engines get

their EPR-gauge?

Regards,

Timo

1) will do so in a few days. We will keep that pretty clean though.

2) not yet, we are not sure at this moment if we'll do it. It's one of these things that simply can't be done very well in FS (not even in FSX with bumps etc) without really starting to tax the fps.

3) the initial release will only feature the CFM in the pit and dynamics (though they are fully modeled in the external model). The reason is simple, the customer we aim for will be taxed to learn about one engine.

I can say however that we started discussing an update that will tune the aircraft for the users who like a deeper level of system realism. Things like full vertical navigation, SIDs/STARs and the deeper details that make a CFM and IAE model different. It's a small market, but we think we can just do it without loosing money on it. I got to make two things straight though:

• not going to discuss this now in detail, the product is what we are doing, a GREAT looking Airbus with loads of cools things, that is not overly complex to fly.
  • there are NO features planned now dropped for this potential addition, it really is of very limited commercial value for us.

• Upvote 5