Aerosoft Airbus X

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

None of the images I show are done with Track IR and if I am correct none are done with even moving the views. Just press to cycle the views. Standard FSX function. To operate the switches you just put your mouse cursor on it and left or right click. It seems you have never used a true FSX aircraft, lol.

I have not done any 2d panels in aircraft for 4 years because they simply have very little function. They can all be replace by VC viewpoints. 2d panels show a panel from a dead center, very unrealistic point of view that is like seeing a panel in a book. The Airsimmers 2d panels are nice bitmaps but they got nothing to do with how a pilot sees the panels. Now they got to work in FS2004 with all it's limitations, but that's a sim that 7 years old, things moved on since. I know other devs think different but that's fine, there was a time the same devs did not want to do VC's.

ok i will be anxious of the views, ps im flying fs almost 8 years now :P:)

• Aerosoft

Last post of the day. Been testing some of the FBW implementation done so far. As you know FBW (among a lot of other things) means that the aircraft will be stable if you center the stick. So if you put it in a bank it will keep that bank angle until you give it some stick to level. Lo and behold it seems we got that right now. The two images shown are flown without any autopilot functions, pure manual flying as much as a Bus allows.

After image 1 was taken I left it alone and had two glasses of wine. When I came back the Bus was at nearly the speed, at the nearly the same level and the same bank angle. Now it took me a while to get it stable like this before I left but the result is exactly what we wanted.

And yes I know I was very close to overspeed. And yes I know in one image the warning light is on. Beta you know.

post-43-126643085964_thumb.jpg

post-43-126643086045_thumb.jpg

Will the PFD display final because i dont really like the "look" of the fonts. i would advise you use fonts like Lucida Console.I am not critising anything but just the fonts you see... It would be more realistic with the font i suggested you can try changin it for PFD,MFD,EICAS.

• Upvote 1

Sure it is possible to have two (or nine) VC views, see what I got attached. This are all views of the same 3d VC view (so shaded and as many colors as your desktop has, not the flat 256 color 2d panel bitmaps).

Thanks for the screenshot Mathijs, looks very promising.

I guess if there is a way of resizing those extra windows you could effectively have all the 2d panels you could possibly wish for :) Forgot to test that last night!

I don't know.. would be cool tho

Yes it would be great to see that on a screen in the vc, but if you really want this you can also open another window where you can see the landing gear, or?

(that's what i often do)

• Aerosoft

Will the PFD display final because i dont really like the "look" of the fonts. i would advise you use fonts like Lucida Console.I am not critising anything but just the fonts you see... It would be more realistic with the font i suggested you can try changin it for PFD,MFD,EICAS.

Mwahhhh... Lucida is VERY close to the font we are using now (a slightly tweaked Verdana), So I doubt very much you would see the difference if I changed them! See the image attached. The slightly thinner Verdana derivative look better in my opinion. But it is all done in XML you can tweak that should you think Lucida would be a better choice.

post-43-12665031873_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the screenshot Mathijs, looks very promising.

I guess if there is a way of resizing those extra windows you could effectively have all the 2d panels you could possibly wish for :) Forgot to test that last night!

But sure, they are just additional windows with all the options FSX has. You can make them as big as you want, undock them. You really should experiment with the [d] and keys in FSX as there are many very nice options there!

post-43-126650396968_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft

Yes it would be great to see that on a screen in the vc, but if you really want this you can also open another window where you can see the landing gear, or?

Sure you can. I don't even need video editing tools to do it, just a matter of opening another window and scaling it. See attached. But we'll for sure not do a gauge like that. Issue closed!

post-43-126650366857_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

But sure, they are just additional windows with all the options FSX has. You can make them as big as you want, undock them. You really should experiment with the [d] and keys in FSX as there are many very nice options there!

Brilliant, thanks for the tip Mathijs. Just another thought, would it be possible for you to automate this in the product? So, I click on the PFD, and the products opens up the new window zoomed in on the PFD (and the same for other displays and the mcdu as well maybe)?

• Aerosoft

Brilliant, thanks for the tip Mathijs. Just another thought, would it be possible for you to automate this in the product? So, I click on the PFD, and the products opens up the new window zoomed in on the PFD (and the same for other displays and the mcdu as well maybe)?

No, we are not planning something like this, sorry. I said it was possible, not that it was logical, lol. Just using the hat switch on your stick to pan to an area makes as much sense. Many people got zoom commands on buttons on the stick (though I prefer the keyboard for that) to see detail.

Oh can be tweaked so ok... but see the diffrence in the numbers they resemble the actual one better

Eg:

Lucidia Console:

82.5 N1

Eg2:

320-|

|

310-|

Eg3: STATUS

HYD 1 ....... OFF

HYD 2 ....... ON

Verdana

EG1: 82.5 N1

Eg2:

320 -|

|

310 -|

Eg3:

STATUS

HYD 1 ....... OFF

HYD 2 ....... ON

See the diffrences... but nevermind since it can be tweaked

1064269881_5e35562014.jpg

No, we are not planning something like this, sorry. I said it was possible, not that it was logical, lol. Just using the hat switch on your stick to pan to an area makes as much sense. Many people got zoom commands on buttons on the stick (though I prefer the keyboard for that) to see detail.

Ok, just trying! :)

You can assume the first. As said we really want to keep this product 100% compatible with anything else. No strange FSX startup modes, key commands that not work. hardware things that do not connect. No need for FSUIPC etc.

You can not assume the second. We are going to stay to the VC views and will not make unrealistic 2D panels. We did spend a lot of time getting the zoomed in views exactly the same as the pilot would see them (all view lines are very accurate as the professional customers demand that). We REALLY want to give the user the feeling the pilots get. Attached the MCDU and the PEDESTAL views. You see you can see and use both MCDU's very easy (and yes they will stay separate so you can have two pages in views) and that the lower pedestal is totally usable.

I'm interested in the comment "views exactly the same as the pilot would see them". This is something I always strive for, and I often create views to match what I believe are realistic. Hope you don't mind me going a bit off topic asking, but I noticed the zoom level on the pedestal was .89, and I'd like your opinion on what your team feels is the most accurate zoom level for FSX? The FSX default is .69 which helps with the peripheral view, but I think 1.0 may be more realistic. Any thoughts you'd like to share on this?

Curt

Are there any new news on the point of release of this bus? So when can we have it?

You are kidding right ? Scroll up a little and you will have three exact same questions.... with the answer...

Release date sometime in march.

You are kidding right ? Scroll up a little and you will have three exact same questions.... with the answer...

Release date sometime in march.

oh, sorry

i've not read the pages number 18 and 19 (just forgot it)

now i know.....

• Aerosoft

I'm interested in the comment "views exactly the same as the pilot would see them". This is something I always strive for, and I often create views to match what I believe are realistic. Hope you don't mind me going a bit off topic asking, but I noticed the zoom level on the pedestal was .89, and I'd like your opinion on what your team feels is the most accurate zoom level for FSX? The FSX default is .69 which helps with the peripheral view, but I think 1.0 may be more realistic. Any thoughts you'd like to share on this?

Curt

Depends a lot on the size of your monitor and if you use a headtracker. A 1.0 setting is ideal as it removes as much as the problems and it shows objects as big as they are. The problem of course is that you see nearly nothing of the VC that way. Humans got a much wider field of view then a monitor can show, right? Now with a head tracker I use 0.90 most of the time as it is so easy to glance at some bit of the VC. Without them I prefer 0.80 most of the time, certainly in a bigger cockpit like an airliner. But it's always a compromise. 2D panels are even weirder as the panel is about a 0.50 setting in the default MS Airbus (you see 3/4 of the front panels) and the outside view is at 1.0.

Want even more problems? Every thin vertical object (like a center pillar) is seen by humans with two eyes and that allows us sometimes to see both sides of it and always to see it as a lot thinner then it actually is (put a finger in front of your eyes and note it does not block anything, do the same in FSX and part of the view is hidden). Now if we do it the way your eyes see it and people compare screenshots with real pictures (made with a single lens, as if you see it with one eye) they note we have been doing a bad job. In the sim however the actual effect is better ones you get accustomed to it. So far no developer has made the step to do it as real as possible, we all stayed safe and done it the way a photograph shows it. Realism is very very hard to sell.

Oh can be tweaked so ok... but see the diffrence in the numbers they resemble the actual one better

<snip other text and images>

See the diffrences... but nevermind since it can be tweaked

Hi Joshua. Fonts are not finalized yet. I will use the very nice images we have on hand as a guide, and before release the whole dev team will have a chance to offer input as to which one looks most accurate.

Scott

• Upvote 1