Aerosoft Airbus X

hi

The VC cockpit looks good and I look forward to its release. I would prefer a fully functional MCDU with the sids stars etc if you can stimulate the demand. Maybe a poll ?

One question I would like answered is does the HDG/TRK VS/FPA function work properly. Ie can you do a managed or selected non precision approach as per the real thing. I guess with no star maybe not but if you can select the proceedure from the mcdu then it should allow it.

Also an IAE variant 319 with the correct engine displays would be good.

I really do like the look of this product!

It just looks the part and I am sure it will be a great intro to maybe more Airbus Aircraft from Aerosoft!

There is tho just that one small problem i have and it is the lack of SIDS/STARS/Airways in the FMC. Yes its a petty thing i understand but when flying a big route, i dont want to spend 10 mins putting in every waypoint.

I hope that in the future, perhaps a small upgrade to add this addition would be considered. Its still looking a lot better than another Airbus project going on for FSX! (and also the other airbus product already available for FSX)

The price may indeed swing a lot of people to just buy Aerosofts than spend a lot more money on a aircraft that only a small majority of the customers will use to the full extent.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Very nice to see the progress every time you post some screens. I'll gonna it buy for sure. The airline my virtual airline is based on, V-Bird, had a fleet with only A320's.

I hope there will be such a livery, or will be made by someone in the future.

I agree with the person above about the SID/STAR issue. When I fly an airliner, most of the tmes I connect with IVAO. You'll then have the need to fly those procedures,

and to fill in every waypoint is a lot of time. I know this product has to be simple, and SID/STAR implantation is a lot of work for you, but I think it is certainly worth it.

Jules

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I very much like this project. cool.gif

To which extent will this airbus support the "shared cockpit" functionality? There is an increasing demand for this mode of operation.

One of the reasons we keep as much as possible to default systems is to allow the use of functions like these. So no problem expected there.

• Aerosoft

hi

The VC cockpit looks good and I look forward to its release. I would prefer a fully functional MCDU with the sids stars etc if you can stimulate the demand. Maybe a poll ?

One question I would like answered is does the HDG/TRK VS/FPA function work properly. Ie can you do a managed or selected non precision approach as per the real thing. I guess with no star maybe not but if you can select the proceedure from the mcdu then it should allow it.

Also an IAE variant 319 with the correct engine displays would be good.

A poll? Makes no sense, 80% of the customers for this project are not on these forums. Only the more advanced customers visit forums on average, that's why there is always such a warped idea on what people want. I do believe both types of approaches are possible, and of course if you just type in the waypoints you can also fly a STAR, no problem there. There is no 319 planned now. perhaps next year.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I really do like the look of this product! It just looks the part and I am sure it will be a great intro to maybe more Airbus Aircraft from Aerosoft!

There is tho just that one small problem i have and it is the lack of SIDS/STARS/Airways in the FMC. Yes its a petty thing i understand but when flying a big route, i dont want to spend 10 mins putting in every waypoint. I hope that in the future, perhaps a small upgrade to add this addition would be considered. Its still looking a lot better than another Airbus project going on for FSX! (and also the other airbus product already available for FSX) The price may indeed swing a lot of people to just buy Aerosofts than spend a lot more money on a aircraft that only a small majority of the customers will use to the full extent.

Inserting all the waypoints in a STAR is nothing more then typing the codes and entering. A minute or if you are slow two minutes. And believe me, pilots do that a lot. For some reason everybody assumes all SIDs and STARs are in databases of all busses. This is far from the truth, they are entered manually a lot.

Guys gimme a break here. There be limited options for flight planning in this version. The average customer for this product simply does not know what SIDs and STARs are. The average customer for this product is not a member of this forum, he will pick up the box in a store. Not at all like the average forum user who is far better educated and far more demanding. But if we would have to live on sales to forum users we would not be in operation right now. There is no need what so ever asking for more system depth or letting us know you would prefer it. We know, we expected that here. The project is not going to change at this moment. We are considering making a systems update for the demanding users when we see how this one works in sales. This will be decided around March based on market research. So let's drop leave this alone for now ok?

Attached some new external images. Stefan has been experimenting with different shaders and reflections and we think we got far better results now. A smoother and more realistic look.

post-43-126478404345_thumb.jpg

post-43-126478405024_thumb.jpg

post-43-126478405695_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

I use VTroute to build up Routes. So the last Point of the Route is the Transition. For an Approach on RWY 26R at EDDT I have only to add a few Waypoints. Not much Workload....for me.

Stefan

Beautiful work guys! And it is starting to look even more realistic than before! How you keep squeezing the detail out more is fantastic :rolleyes:

Note: What have you being doing to get the Bus so dirty? Its filthy lol :lol:  

Is it possible to make rain and snow effect on the windshield that user will be able to switch off??

So..for somebody without so much GPU and CPU will be able to switch off frame eaters.

but..

For people who have i7 and more powerful graphic cards give them some magic effects!! cool.gif

Well Mathijs... I've been following this topic since last august !!! Only now I decided to post a comment about this Airbus...

First of all, let me say that every post here complaining about the lack of SIDS/STARS/IAC possibilities or FMC complexity has been a big PAIN in the #$&...

It amazes me how patience you are and how people CAN'T accept the purpose of this project and keep whining about it even after 6 months that you guys established what would be this Bus....

So far in my opinion... this project seems to be the BEST add on for FSX ever made... I mean, it will be perfectly well balanced between systems, graphics and FPS (For my taste)... I've been buying FS2004/FSX add on's since 2003.

I believe I have at least for FSX, 80% of the 3rd part aircrafts ever made. You name it...

There are some of them that I really enjoy a lot... And some not that much and although many people say they are very frustrated about this "less" complex Bus, I'll say that I'm really anxious about it !

It's exactly the kind of add on I've been always waiting for ! An Airliner not very complex but certainly more than default airplanes with amazing graphics and more important, decent FPS.

I'm an Offshore Sikorsky S-76 Copilot in real life so all I want is have some fun during my free time using FSX and not reading manuals as I have to do for my job...

Another thing, I'm not here provoking hardcore simmers... I'm just posting here my point of view and yes, you will have many many costumers and I wish we had an entire fleet of Buses and Boeings and small jets made with this Airbus standards... You'd have a lifetime costumer LOL

Anyway, enough with what has been said since last August...

Looking forward to put my hands on this Bus !! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

We are still planning to release that next week and it is least as promising as this Airbus. In fact that project has already been reviewed and gotten a gold award, more news on that soon.

Ive seen the pics of this and it looks great. I love the fact that it is coming in a cargo version as well. Mathijs can you please point us to the review you mentioned?

• Aerosoft

Ive seen the pics of this and it looks great. I love the fact that it is coming in a cargo version as well. Mathijs can you please point us to the review you mentioned?

It's a magazine review, will ask if I can put a PDF here.

Hi fratfw... That's exactly what I meant... My point is... were these "others opinions" more respectous with Aerosoft and the original Airbus project ??

As far as I know this thing has been discussed since the bus was announced.. Too bad the original topic was deleted.. So you could see many many posts being VERY respectous about this Bus lack of complexity.

Sorry if I'm being sarcastic but you know what I mean... I completely respect others opinions !

The quastion is: Do they ?

Regards

Yes I understand your point of view now and also if I'm more oriented to a more complete version I can only admire the results of their job.

I think howhever that discuss and receive (of course educated) comments could be constructive in order to drive the product, surely it should be done with the right tone I agree with you.

There is no better version for me..... for example some day I should use the easy version in order to fly in short time, and on sunday I could enjoy spending half a day for a complex realistic fly with the same product.

I mean that probably the best way is to provide a flexible product that meets every needs in one using options, but I understand that could not match economical and strategic market plan for a Sim House.

For this reason I'll buy for sure also this beautiful version, and I don't discuss the base of this project hoping that some develope will be done in the future aiming to THE DEFINITIVE AIRBUS SIMULATOR :-)

Regards

will Aerosoft Airbus X have passenger view or wing view , if yes could it be compatible with Real environment X 2.0 where you can see clouds pass over the wing like the video below :

• Upvote 1

Hello Mathijs,

As you certainly are much occupied with the last stages of the Airbus project the important thing first.

Please if there's a slight chance to it add rain-effect to the windshields. The rain (or even better: plus icing) effect adds tremendously to the overall immersion!! I have the L-39 by Lotus-Sim and their rain effect (slow moving raindrops when standing or taxiing, water streamlets when on airspeed) and icing adds so much to the realism feeling! (And it shouldn't turn out as a frame-rate killer 'cause the L-39 performs at high frame rates.)

Apart from that desperate wish of mine:

Congratulations to that wonderful Airbus project!

And contrary to some criticism in the forum I am absolutely convinced that you got it all right!

Your upcoming A-320 obviously has a lot of functionality to it and is a pure feast for the eyes!

I absolutely agree that more system depth is the demand of a relatively small group. I'm holder of an IFR pilot license (so STARs and SIDs are sort of second nature ;-) ) but the system depth you're offering is just right for me. I don't want to bother going through 500 pages of manuals. That time I rather spend in cockpits in reality. ;-)

And I agree: STARs and SIDs can be flown by simply adding the waypoint. Or even semi-manually and that's quite rewarding because it's a little bit more challenging than just let the AP follow the pre-programmed SID.

That's what you have to do if you fly reciprocating twins in reality and that's what a lot of Airbus corporate pilots do in reality if they get bored of just letting the computer work. Or if ATC vectors them off standard procedure!

Looking forward to the Airbus release!

Kind regards from Vienna

• Upvote 1

I has readed that you use Airbus X only with FSX but I have FS 2004. I will have some new airplanes from Airbus. I has had LTU 2005 but I instulled it and now i can't install it. I bought it in april 2009. And now i can't use it and thats why i will buy me Airbus X.

• Upvote 1

I has readed that you use Airbus X only with FSX but I have FS 2004. I will have some new airplanes from Airbus. I has had LTU 2005 but I instulled it and now i can't install it. I bought it in april 2009. And now i can't use it and thats why i will buy me Airbus X.

Be aware that there is no way AirbusX will work in FS2004.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

will Aerosoft Airbus X have passenger view or wing view , if yes could it be compatible with Real environment X 2.0 where you can see clouds pass over the wing like the video below :

Just scroll up and you will see the answer to your question.

• Upvote 5

• Aerosoft

Please if there's a slight chance to it add rain-effect to the windshields. The rain (or even better: plus icing) effect adds tremendously to the overall immersion!! I have the L-39 by Lotus-Sim and their rain effect (slow moving raindrops when standing or taxiing, water streamlets when on airspeed) and icing adds so much to the realism feeling! (And it shouldn't turn out as a frame-rate killer 'cause the L-39 performs at high frame rates.)

If there is icing on the windshields it means there are a few systems malfunctioning on the Bus, the windshield de-icing systems are fully automated and even under extreme conditions the windshields should stay free of ice. As we do not simulated multiple (connected) system failures we will not do ice on the windows. Rain is another thing. We applaud the attempts by Lotus sim but we also see it takes up to 50% of frames. In the L-39 that is not a major issue as the FPS is very good because there is not a lot that hurts fps but we simply can not handle that drop in fps. We prefer to use the available resources for things that are not related to a weather condition but are always usable and present.

And believe me, we experimented a long time with this. But we simply see good FPS as the key to a nice user experience.

• Aerosoft

I am sorry but the new Bus will not be usable in FS2004 for the simple reason that simulator is not capable of handling the details and features we added.

Did you contact our support regarding the problem with the LTU aircraft? For sure those should work fine.

• Upvote 1