Aerosoft Airbus X

Attached an image that shows the MCDU being used to load and save what we decided to call 'states'. A complete loading and saving of every switch, every setting and every parameter that is not saved in a standard FLT file.

• Upvote 1

Don't let others get on your nerves. I am not sure why people who obviously don't like our idea feel the need to come here and tell us, but they do. Just click on the - button and vote them down. You can then select these messages that are voted down to be hidden. Hirthflieger managed to get a -22 in a few hours, a record. So what he wrote is obviously not appreciated by the other readers here. To avoid him trying to break that record I have made it impossible for him to post for a while. But for sure don't let them get to you. Not worth it.

Attached an image that shows the MCDU being used to load and save what we decided to call 'states'. A complete loading and saving of every switch, every setting and every parameter that is not saved in a standard FLT file.

Serious problem (plague?) in the community right now as it seems to be acceptable to bash people.

I for one am getting tired of it, and hope we return to a more civil situation.

The Bus is looking great, and keep it up.

P.S. You are going for it (down the road) aren't you?

I "sensed" something was different in your "tone" before you let loose ideas in regards to ASFS12, and I somehow feel you will "expand" this baby later on.

Hello Mathijs,

i would like to speak about another topic: Extended manuals with step by step guide

Is it possible to extend this part of the addon: For example: Interactive checklist (Catalina), Training center (Super 80 Pro), Video Tutorials ....

I think this is an part, that would be very nice for ...pilots with limited time or experience, :blush: .

Perhaps also an good idea would be to make a mission for this product, in an area covered by (your) addons, combined with the support of FSX Failure mode.

Many greetings Thomas

Hi Mathijs,

i couldn't find an answer to this silly little question yet:blush:. Does your incredibly good looking Airbus also include Wipers? Or does rain show up on the windshields?

My apologies if this question has been answered already but i couldn't find any posts about this, at least not in the old locked threat.

Sincerly

Conchi

Well they took the time (and not inconsiderable trouble,lol) to record the sound effects of the wipers so I would imagine they will be included. Not sure about rain on window though.

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs,

i would like to speak about another topic: Extended manuals with step by step guide

Is it possible to extend this part of the addon: For example: Interactive checklist (Catalina), Training center (Super 80 Pro), Video Tutorials ....

I think this is an part, that would be very nice for ...pilots with limited time or experience, :blush: .

Perhaps also an good idea would be to make a mission for this product, in an area covered by (your) addons, combined with the support of FSX Failure mode.

Many greetings Thomas

That's something I'll need to start working on next Monday, not sure yet. I do not expect a full interactive checklist though. The Catalina was far simpler in these aspects. There is one idea though. I am considering to make a printed and laminated checklists for the download users as well. You could order that separate for printing costs plus shipping. Does that make sense to anybody? And if so what would be a price you would be willing to pay for that?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

i couldn't find an answer to this silly little question yet:blush:. Does your incredibly good looking Airbus also include Wipers? Or does rain show up on the windshields?

We have experimented with that a lot, but we never found a way to make it look okay and be reasonable in load. There is one aircraft that does it the way it looks good but that takes half the fps away, hardly acceptable. Does anybody know of an addon aircraft that does it nice without causing such a drop? We will not do any icing on the wind shield as the Bus has an automated windshield anti ice system so unless a whole bunch of systems are broken there should not be any ice on the windshields.

We have experimented with that a lot, but we never found a way to make it look okay and be reasonable in load. There is one aircraft that does it the way it looks good but that takes half the fps away, hardly acceptable. Does anybody know of an addon aircraft that does it nice without causing such a drop? We will not do any icing on the wind shield as the Bus has an automated windshield anti ice system so unless a whole bunch of systems are broken there should not be any ice on the windshields.

Real air's Updated duke has this I don't see much of a drop off in fps but I have to admit it looks kind of odd, more like rain hitting the screen of my car as there is no real velocity of the rain moving out to the edges of the windshield!

There is one idea though. I am considering to make a printed and laminated checklists for the download users as well. You could order that separate for printing costs plus shipping. Does that make sense to anybody? And if so what would be a price you would be willing to pay for that?

That is actually a great idea and would encourage me to buy download rather than boxed. Its like the best of both worlds. No waiting but I still get good quality manuals and checklists. I would love to see that idea extended to include the type of charts that are included in your Boxed Mega Airports be made available in printed form for the download version at a reasonable price too. Price would obviously have to depend on the amount of documentation provided but up to 4 or 5 euros sounds about right.

• Aerosoft

I told you we had at least two potential professional customers for the Airbus, right? I already shown you an image of the model in one of their rendering engines.

Well the second potential customer has been experimenting with he model we provided in their simulator and were kind enough to send is a image. If you look closely you see that this is a very nice rendering engine. Shadows are without a doubt more defined and the specular effects are also a lot better. You might see a few loose ends that still need to be sorted out, but it is a nice example of how Aerosoft is able to merge the commercial and thairbus.jpge professional market. And it is ALWAYS nice to see another simulator you will not see otherwise!

post-43-126469322696_thumb.jpg

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

Mathijs, can you post a List with all Liverys (included) ?

Lukas

WHY? what is so important on that???? show us better a video :D

I told you we had at least two potential professional customers for the Airbus, right? I already shown you an image of the model in one of their rendering engines.

Wow look at the fall off on that shadow! And the Bus doesn't look out of place with the surrounding environment I mean it doesn't look like an overlay like you get with FSX (I feel sick now lol) 

• Upvote 1

I'm Rather amazed that something as well detailed as this can be brought in at the price Aerosoft have mentioned. Would I be right in guessing that the fact there are two professional customers has enabled you to keep the costs to us down?

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I'm Rather amazed that something as well detailed as this can be brought in at the price Aerosoft have mentioned. Would I be right in guessing that the fact there are two professional customers has enabled you to keep the costs to us down?

It does not hurt for sure, but it is actually not calculated in as it is a hit or miss market. Our basic idea remains that we aim for the educated and demanding customer that is limited in time. Now this clearly separates us from one of our main developer groups, PMDG, that aim for a more complete, but far more complicated simulation. Market forces are driving the price of their products down, certainly in the US market. Though there are dev teams that think there is a market for 85 Euro dollar addons we have been doing this for a while and we know that market is just not there. So we got a solid idea on prices, 30 euro (inc EEC VAT) seems to be a sweet spot. I am known to buy stuff that expensive on impulse.

Also do not underestimate the demands of a professional customer. It's not like exporting the model in a different format and sending it out. Often we travel to the customer to install the files, there are massive 24/7 support contracts etc.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Last image of the day... we are implementing the nav display and one of our main concerns was the hit on framerates. Well we should not have worried. Even though there are tens of thousand lines of code running (and we decided to stick to XML so you can tweak what you buy) I am still getting 40 fps average on my <750 Euro) system with pretty high settings. As we aim to stay around 25 fps on my system we can still add a lot of stuff.

post-43-126469966752_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 5