Aerosoft Airbus X

• Aerosoft

the exterior model looks excellent. For me it seems to be a hot candidate for a panel merge with the more advanced Wilco-panel.

So I feel like buying that one, especially as there is no suitable model for the A321 from Project Airbus.

Regards

Chris

The only Wilco A321 Airbus for FSX that I have in my office is the Wilco Publishing - The Modern Airliner Collection - Airbus Series Volume 1 - Deluxe Edition. If there is any other version (I am not 100% up to date with Wilco Busses, let me know and let me apologize in advance!

With all due respect (and I do respect the Wilco bus seriously, it was very good when it was launched), I doubt you will want to merge the two. Just look at the image attached (interestingly enough done at the same location, same date and time). You would think I would have learned not to compare products but I am stupid in that aspect.

For sure they got more of the flight planning included in the MCDU and got some other very nice tricks. But personally I would not be willing to give up the animations, sounds and far better graphics (at better fps actually) for that. You have to be seriously interested in MCDU operations to make that decision. If that's your point of view I would say that using the Airsimmers bus in FS2004 would be a far better option.

post-43-126461935207_thumb.jpg

post-43-126461935544_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

So, something completely different:

Just a thought - wasn´t it an idea (not only for this airbus - even generally) to add

clickspots on the external model for doors and cargo bays? Or maybe a clickspot on the

wheels which adds some chocks, etc...?

Regards,

Timo

If only that were possible. I got it as item number 115 on the list of requirements for AFS2012.

We now handle it as shown in the attached image. Of course the door page on the other displays. I'll add a shot of that will show it as well (with all the caution warning if have a door open when it should not be etc)

post-43-126462015502_thumb.jpg

post-43-126462047223_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Daytime rendering of the VC has been completed today. These are not shots as good as Nick does them but it shows the way we think a cockpit should look in 2010.

If all goes well the night VC will be completed tomorrow.

post-43-126461990043_thumb.jpg

post-43-126461991293_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

LOL I was flying Wilco's Airbus at the time when I thought it would be great if Aerosoft did their own version and then a week later 'Airbus, yes Airbus' appeared in the forum! I'm still using it now (keeps me in trim while I'm waiting) and to be honest there are a lot of features that are not used (SIDs/STARs Constraints etc) If I'm using ATC. I'd rather have a great looking cockpit and a fold out tray any day! Honestly there is enough features here to make it a fantastic simulation experience and a 'ONE PILOT flyable aircraft' because some people forget that the PF spends most of the time FLYING while the PNF programs the FMCG and tunes the Navs on-route so a little automation here is still pretty realistic :rolleyes:  

We now handle it as shown in the attached image. Of course the door page on the other displays. I'll add a shot of that will show it as well (with all the caution warning if have a door open when it should not be etc)

So if you press the corresponding button it will open that particular door? 

The only Wilco A321 Airbus for FSX that I have in my office is the Wilco Publishing - The Modern Airliner Collection - Airbus Series Volume 1 - Deluxe Edition. If there is any other version (I am not 100% up to date with Wilco Busses, let me know and let me apologize in advance!

With all due respect (and I do respect the Wilco bus seriously, it was very good when it was launched), I doubt you will want to merge the two. Just look at the image attached (interestingly enough done at the same location, same date and time). You would think I would have learned not to compare products but I am stupid in that aspect.

For sure they got more of the flight planning included in the MCDU and got some other very nice tricks. But personally I would not be willing to give up the animations, sounds and far better graphics (at better fps actually) for that. You have to be seriously interested in MCDU operations to make that decision. If that's your point of view I would say that using the Airsimmers bus in FS2004 would be a far better option.

Dear Mathijs,

thanks for your reply. Now as I am using FSX there is only one "solution" for the A321-model issue: Merging the iFDG model with the Wilco panel. That's why I'm interested in your A321.

Sure, your VC and stuff looks ways better than Wilco but as you assumed correctly I'm much more interested in MCDU operation than stunning cockpit interiors. Especially as Eric Marciano has updated the MCDU significantly.

So I'm not the potential customers you focused to with your Airbus X, but as I said, I still admire the external model. And as Airsimmer don't get off the pit with their FSX Airbus you will get the money instead. :-)

So finally this will give me two great looking models and it will help me waiting for a more serious (no pun intended) Airbus for FSX.

Ah yes: If you will code such a more advanced Airbus I will buy it.

Regards

Chris

• Upvote 2

I agree with you, too! I have to say that I don't really know how much work it is to add the SID and STAR functions to the bird. It's not simulated so it's time that I have to get used to that fact. Nevertheless this one is bugging me sooooooo much! It's correct that you mostly get vectored to final approach course. And it's also correct that in real life you don't have to use it. You don't even have to use Autothrust, or Autopilot (theoretically). But it's still completely normal to use them during normal cockpit operation and it's like missing a feature you've allready HAD THE CHANCE to use. Maybe you could give the "advanced" version really a thought... 1 question is left for me: will I be able to enter airways or just the waypoints one after another? Viele Grüße Mat

• Upvote 1

While I would prefer a more advanced version. You have to realize what Aerosoft is making and planning. They are makeing a beautiful Airbus, that is better then default but not as advanced as some other companies. They are building this with a lower price tag aimed at their target simmer that wants a flyable plane that is pretty. As said, the average simmer wants a bird they can jump in after getting home from work and fly a quick route and get off and go about their business without having to read some massive manual before they can get it off the ground.

I will be in line to purchase this on release day. :D

And if they make a more advanced version, ill be in that line also. :D

• Upvote 6

An Airbus is a Computer based aircraft as we all know.

An Airbus without a mcdu which includes the Base functions like SID STAR and terminal

prozedures, isn't an Airbus and it is far away from à good addon!

It is unbelivable that there is nobody able to create a working Airbus

with a complete mcdu and ECAM prozedures for Flight Simulator.

There are a lot of people how are very interested in programming mcdu

and a Simulator should simulate all functions.

All other is only a Game!

I fear that Aerosoft does exactly know the market for it's AirbusX. So I guess there must be ALOT of people who just want to turn on the PC and want to start flying - more than "Hardcoresimmers" for sure. But a solution like Wilco did, would have been great (options: Beginner, Medium, Pros). But then you can't sell your product for 30 bucks I guess... and we woul've waited some months more to get this great product.

• Upvote 5

I´m one of that unknown mass of after work simmers who wants to jump in and fly. I use FSC for flightplaning and also for my decision wich SID and STAR I will take. I fly with WILCO Airbusses for now and use a function to load FS-Flightplans into the MCDU. In some special cases I used that funtion to change SID´s and STAR´s but most of all nothing had to change so for me it is not a feature to decide about a bad or good Airbus. That´s my point of view because somebody is beginning to hyperventilate about that.

Sven

• Upvote 4

Ok I understand. You are playing a Game after work!

This is the kind of statement that dissapoints me. Of course we are playing a game. What matters is not the label you put on it whether that be game or simulation, but rather how much you are able to suspend disbelief while you play. There are players who can get into flying the default Airliners and suspend disbelief and thats fine. Then there are some users who need to have all the systems as realistic as possible before they will even consider using the product. Thats fine too and there are many products (with matching prices) being produced for that market. Finally there are the users who fall between the two stools such as myself who would like a bit more realism than is offered by the default without to much additional complexity that could alienate us from the hobby. With this product Aerosoft have finally addressed a market that has been neglected for too long and I applaud their foresite in recognising that market. This was never intended to be a high end simulation but a low cost ACCESIBLE addon and it fits that criteria perfectly. The point is at the end of the day, we are all sitting in front of a computer screen pretending to fly a plane and your remark is nothing more than the kind of intellectual snobbery this forum can do without.

• Upvote 4

How is the FPS on that thing

Cheers,

André

I guess pretty good, considering that the graphics on those fullblown simulators often looks like s@it, compared to "games" like FSX :D

Finn

• Aerosoft

An Airbus is a Computer based aircraft as we all know.

An Airbus without a mcdu which includes the Base functions like SID STAR and terminal

prozedures, isn't an Airbus and it is far away from à good addon!

It is unbelivable that there is nobody able to create a working Airbus

with a complete mcdu and ECAM prozedures for Flight Simulator.

There are a lot of people how are very interested in programming mcdu

and a Simulator should simulate all functions.

All other is only a Game!

Okay so you won't buy it. I am sure there are many addons you don't buy, so no need to dwell on that. We made our decision on how to design this thing and if that's not for you you'll not buy it.

• Upvote 5

Are gauges expanding in 2d when clicked in the VC? for example if I click on the FMCDU in the VC it will open the 2D-Window of the MCDU? It would be a very confortable function.

What's about my question???

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Ok I understand. You are playing a Game after work!

In contrast to what? You are using FSX 'seriously', dressing up in pilots uniform and talking to non existing cabin crew?

As you made it clear you are not interested into this product and this is a forum started for that product there is not a lot of need for your posts here. There are loads of forums on the internet where you can talk to other users like you intend to do. Not here. As you also managed to get a record negative score in 24 hours (from other readers, not from us) it also seems you outstayed your welcome here.

• Upvote 8

I have been flying the top notch PMDG planes since Fly II. Now I fly ERJ-145 while waiting for the NGX. But even if they "have it all" I like to fly simple now and then, using VOR's and manual approach to get the feeling of the plane. Now I see the chance of getting a "decent" bus. So I am looking forward to this one...ready to purchase here!

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

What's about my question???

We are not decided on that. Sometimes it seems indeed a good option but I always find that it messes up the "immersion" feel of the VC. We will first see if we can make the viewpoints in the VC so good they will make it not needed to have additional 2d panels. We will help people who want to move panels to different monitors to do so after release but it is really intended to be used from the VC (and perfectly suitable for use with a head tracker for optimal realism).

• Upvote 1

Sorry for my tantrum earlier (being be-littled isn't a nice thing anywhere Hirthflieger) Can I ask how the configuration panel for saved situations is coming along? You showed a preview shot on the catalina in the early thread :rolleyes:

• Aerosoft

Sorry for my tantrum earlier (being be-littled isn't a nice thing anywhere Hirthflieger) Can I ask how the configuration panel for saved situations is coming along? You showed a preview shot on the catalina in the early thread :rolleyes:

Don't let others get on your nerves. I am not sure why people who obviously don't like our idea feel the need to come here and tell us, but they do. Just click on the - button and vote them down. You can then select these messages that are voted down to be hidden. Hirthflieger managed to get a -22 in a few hours, a record. So what he wrote is obviously not appreciated by the other readers here. To avoid him trying to break that record I have made it impossible for him to post for a while. But for sure don't let them get to you. Not worth it.

Attached an image that shows the MCDU being used to load and save what we decided to call 'states'. A complete loading and saving of every switch, every setting and every parameter that is not saved in a standard FLT file.

post-43-126467723791_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Attached an image that shows the MCDU being used to load and save what we decided to call 'states'. A complete loading and saving of every switch, every setting and every parameter that is not saved in a standard FLT file.

This is incredible! That means we will be able to set it up with preloaded routes and be able to post the state on the net for others to download. Great for learning approaches and enjoying places where others like to fly that we may not have thought of visiting before.

• Upvote 1