Aerosoft Airbus X

Will the Bus be fully interactive with the default ATC i.e. when selecting frequency changes in the ATC window that change will reflect the automatic change on the comm receiver? Also will we be able to hard tune the Nav frequencies on the Nav radios or will the airbus protocol be implemented (Use the FMGC to tune navaids)?:unsure:

Will the Bus be fully interactive with the default ATC i.e. when selecting frequency changes in the ATC window that change will reflect the automatic change on the comm receiver? Also will we be able to hard tune the Nav frequencies on the Nav radios or will the airbus protocol be implemented (Use the FMGC to tune navaids)?:unsure:

Yes standard FSX ATC as well as 3'rd party ATC functionality will be available. ATC Autotuning of Comm frequency will also work.

The possiblity to make the MCDU tune ILS frequency is still a open question. "Hard" tuning if the Nav frequency will be possible through the MCDU NAV/RAD page.

Finn

Kwiss: is there any product that doesn't do that? I thought it's built into the sim and therefore works with whatever plane you throw at it...

As a matter of fact the ATC autotune feature isn´t necessary ensured for the Comm radios. It depends on how they are coded.

Problem is that the radio stuff for FSX is based on the Bendix king "Silver crown" type of radios.

One issue with those are, when avionics power is off, You can´t change the frequency via the normal FSX events for that.

The only way to change the freq is to convert the freq into Binary Code and use that for setting the freq. Often You will run into rounding errors with that - but thats a bit technical to explain further.

In fact radio related stuff in FSX (and older versions too) is rather limited.

Finn

Yes standard FSX ATC as well as 3'rd party ATC functionality will be available. ATC Autotuning of Comm frequency will also work.

The possiblity to make the MCDU tune ILS frequency is still a open question. "Hard" tuning if the Nav frequency will be possible through the MCDU NAV/RAD page.

Finn

That's great news Fin, I do have a few addon-Aircraft that doesn't support this feature like the defaults and it isn't far from reality because its a job undertaken by the PNF :rolleyes:

I got no idea how many buttons are clickable, lol. If that's how we judge products these days...

However as in all our other internal developments we do not add a lot of working buttons for things that have no function. So you can't set the temperature of the passenger cabin.

No idea on Turkish Airline, it is unfortunately a very minor market, we fear a lot of that has to do with the rampant piracy in Turkey.

Hmm..

Sorry to say, but setting cabin temperature in the current Airbus X version works flawless :D :D

Kind of showing how fast we are progressing...

On how many buttons You can press, I haven´t counted them !

But almost all system relevant buttons are operative and has a realistic effect on ECAM system pages readouts, Warnings and Cautions.

Most systems has been made to function like the real ones, as long as they are used under normal procedures.

You will see warnings and cautions when f.ex various electricla busses aren´t powered or hydraulic pressure drops etc.

What aren´t modelled are failures like TR failure, pump overheat, main generatore failure etc. - i.e - no failures are modelled, whereas failures due to misconfiguration are, if that makes sense.

If I can find time inbetween developement, I might post a few screenies to show some of the functions and logics for the aircraft systems / ECAM displays.

Finn

Guest Bartosz

VC images. All these images (made by Nick) show the current alpha version. It is NOT complete, for example the Nav display in not yet inserted at this moment.

aerosoft_airbus_12.jpg

NIce Job! I love Air-Berlin So I am happy because You do Air-Berlin Textures. Thank you for this product. It's look like great. P.S WHAT ABOUT INSIDE? DO YOU MAKE WINDOWS VIEV ? PASSENGERS SEATS? :)

...The possiblity to make the MCDU tune ILS frequency is still a open question. ...

I think it´s very important to operate the NAV/ILS via the MCDU, because

hardtuning via the radio panel is never done during normal operations on a real airbus.

(It´s even extra-protected with a transparent hatch)

Will the ND show a dashed-course-line if you select a course for a VOR in the MCDU?

Regards,

Timo

don´t quote the complete original posts even with pictures for one sentence. That´s why the former forum had 54 pages...

I agree so much on that!

I have fought for it on many fora, sometimes as a moderator. This is very irritating but it's an uphill battle.

People simply don't care to do ANY edition. Just click, type (with capitals preferably, to make their words more important) and send click... :mad:

And back to the topic: The visuals (what else can I judge from screeshots) of this airbus are excellent!

It may be one of the best looking airliners in the history of MFS. It's also announced to be light on FPS - a great deal if you ask me!

It's a good decision to add more features (like MCDU flightplan edition, airac updates, etc). It will definitely attract more customers (maybe even some hardies from the FS9 world, lol). I also hope (I have't seen it in the feature list) there will be an option to assign key strokes (for all those who have some hardware controllers).

Sorry Aerosoft,

unfortunatly the no sid and star input in the MCDU has killed my decision to purchase an otherwise nice looking product.

if the decision to make a advanced on this then I will go for it.

Best wishes on this product

Gerry

• Upvote 3

Sorry Aerosoft,

unfortunatly the no sid and star input in the MCDU has killed my decision to purchase an otherwise nice looking product.

if the decision to make a advanced on this then I will go for it.

Best wishes on this product

Gerry

Same here. Not "killed" but i'll think much more then twice before purchasing.

• Upvote 1

Same here. Not "killed" but i'll think much more then twice before purchasing.

You do realise that you can manually add the SIDs and STARs to your flightplan dont you?

• Upvote 3

At 30 Euros and the features it does have and considering that ATC would vector you away before even flying the SID/STAR I think it will be a great product!

• Upvote 1

At 30 Euros and the features it does have and considering that ATC would vector you away before even flying the SID/STAR I think it will be a great product!

Agree. SIDs and STARs can usually be flown using basic instruments anyway, or just ask the controller for vectors if flying online.

Looks like a winner to me, if the finished product is anything like the feature list. And the possibility of a future advanced version sounds just great.

• Upvote 1

Looking Absolutely stunning Aerosoft! I am really very porud for you guys for making this! You really have given Airsimmer a run for their money! Quick question, The photo of the Alitalia A321 on the ramp, what scenery is that? Would love it cause it too looks stunning!

Regards,

Tristan

• Upvote 2

Hi all,

the exterior model looks excellent. For me it seems to be a hot candidate for a panel merge with the more advanced Wilco-panel.

So I feel like buying that one, especially as there is no suitable model for the A321 from Project Airbus.

Regards

Chris

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

NIce Job! I love Air-Berlin So I am happy because You do Air-Berlin Textures. Thank you for this product. It's look like great. P.S WHAT ABOUT INSIDE? DO YOU MAKE WINDOWS VIEV ? PASSENGERS SEATS? :)

No cabin or windows views. I know some people like them but this is a project very much designed from the pilots point of view and not the passenger point of view.

Lufthansa liveries are expected, not sure about LTU but I am sure they will pop up some day.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Agree. SIDs and STARs can usually be flown using basic instruments anyway, or just ask the controller for vectors if flying online.

Looks like a winner to me, if the finished product is anything like the feature list. And the possibility of a future advanced version sounds just great.

Well you can just program in the waypoints of a SID or STAR of course, that's how pilots do it when they have to fly a procedure not in the database. Happens far more often then you think. We know the Lufthansa database and that's arguably the best, but even that one does not have all the procedures. Or they don't bother and fly the thing without a purple line on the nav display. They can fly the thing you know. For some reason some folks here seem to think this things can't move without databases.

• Upvote 3

That's totally right! You don't really need to fly the SID/STARs when the ATC's vector you away or if you really want it you can just enter the SID/STARs manully, btw guys..

You can use FSBuild or other flight planning for the SID/STARs! :)

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

we shouldnt have to program SIDS and Starts manually, this is such a riduclus workload, to go on the internet find the right charts then program intersections, altitude restirctions and levels, speeeds, course guess alot of us have to wait another 2-3years until airsimmer pull their socks up

Alex

Oh Alex, you really had a different product in mind didn't you? I think you indeed have to wait another 2-4 years for Airsimmers (and pay 4 times as much) as you totally misunderstand what we got in mind. No problem about that.

Do have a problem with the way you seem to need big words, big fonts and snidely comments. As you undoubtedly expected to be banned for posting this way I am glad to do what you you expected. I am sure you can find forums where people will agree with you. And there are a lot of other companies making products you will not like so you can always post there. Bye!

• Upvote 7

So, something completely different:

Just a thought - wasn´t it an idea (not only for this airbus - even generally) to add

clickspots on the external model for doors and cargo bays? Or maybe a clickspot on the

wheels which adds some chocks, etc...?

Regards,

Timo

• Upvote 1