Aerosoft Airbus X

We will use the default (no specific) format from Navigraph. So you will just be able to copy the new database without any fuss. No special formats.

We expect a small minority of users will actually update, but we did not want to make it impossible.

Mathijs,

Sorry, which is the default format? Does it support sids, stars, approaches, etc?

Christos

• Aerosoft

The window reflections look great and not too imposing (like the defaults) One thing I'm interested to know is how this Bus taxi's? Most Jet aircraft I find hard to keep rolling without moving the thrust every minute, I may be wrong and this is documented in FSX itself, but a little thrust and then back to idle should keep things rolling, does this Bus taxi well?

Mwahhhh. Better then the default, but not great. FSX is just not great in that aspect. There are options to overwrite this a bit but that's only possible if you fully replace the engine modeling from FSX to the model. That makes it far more demanding on hardware and incompatible with a lot of addon tools and hardware. Actually taxi is not to bad with a fully loaded bus.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

Sorry, which is the default format? Does it support sids, stars, approaches, etc?

Christos

You will not be able to pick SIDs and STARs, that is way beyond the level of customer we got in mind for this. Of course you can pick the waypoints to 'make' the sid or star.

I keep saying, think of something between the default Airbus and what Airsimmers promises to deliver and you got the right idea.

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs, GR8 work. Can’t wait to get my hands on this beauty. I am working as a A.M.E for Air India on AIRBUS A319, A320 and A321. Sorry if this has been asked before. Will the Upper ECAM display have "EPR" parameter for IAE engines? That’s all. I wish the entire aerosoft team all the best

Thanking You

Guest inbrekers1

Define 3d lights please? Do we have the lights modeled in 3d, sure.

You mean landing lights that light up objects (like only one other addon does as far as we know), sure! Most other lights will be effects like in all other addons. Not a lot you can do there.

I meant the type of lights like Lotussim did on their L39. I think those lights really are amazing stuff. They look very realistic.

You will not be able to pick SIDs and STARs, that is way beyond the level of customer we got in mind for this.

I keep saying, think of something between the default Airbus and what Airsimmers promises to deliver and you got the right idea.

So we will not be able to pick SIDs and STARs, but to which extent will we be able to enter waypoints into the MCDU? In other words, will the default format of the database contain all the fixes required as to manually insert the SID / STAR?

Mathjas the Exterior Model is Nice,but how many buttons will clickable you think in the Aerosoft X product.and if more than 63 buttons are clickable and work in the Aerosoft X in the overhead panel i buy it(63 buttons are clickable and work in the overhead of wilco).And my question that never gonna answered wil it have Turkish Airlines Livery????

Sorry Mathijs ,

I didn't see the answer regarding hold and a more complex MCDU!

Already answered ....please think in the future also at the more complex version :-)

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people could also pay more for that :-)

Thanks again for your great job!

Fra

Not sure we understand what you mean. You see no glass in the windows? I see them. Of course we use alpha channel.

As always transparencies are highly depending on the GPU and drivers but I see them.

I mean non reflective textures ;-)

There isn't an alpha channel (which would be odd) or it's not used with values other then white ;-)

That was how it looked before FS2004 lol

Cheers,

André

• Upvote 1

Hi Matijs,

just wondering if Sid, Star, Hold and other advanced function of MCDU could be implemended in future release of this product, or they could be part of and advanced and separate project?

Regards

Fra

Hi Fra,

It was explained in the last topic that you would be able to enter the points manually... That's fine by me, and if one day we get an advanced version it will be even better ;)

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Hi Fra,

It was explained in the last topic that you would be able to enter the points manually... That's fine by me, and if one day we get an advanced version it will be even better wink.gif

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yes Limp,

Thanks....I miss the post and now I've changed it!

I Agree with you !

Regards

I would like to keep this rather short and on topic if possible.

I know I know, but... it simply looks amazing! Great job, I can't wait to see it on my machine!!!

The FMGS is simplified in this version (we might do a more complex version later if there is demand for that).

Yes please do an advanced version! AirSimmer wont release their advanced version until 2011 (if at all) IMHO so you have plenty of time to enhance the basic version.

I'll happily buy the basic version and advanced version!

Are you planning of doing more Airbus models like the A330 and A340? Surely you can reuse a lot of the code amongst these products?

Its looking absolutely amazing.

One small detail i noticed... the autopilot buttons backlight seems too red for me... maybe its because of beeing a alpha version...

All the rest is just perfect. Uve done a marvelous modeling job.

I hope the systems are enough to get some joy even being a more hardcore simmer.

A340Night.jpg

Regards

P.S.: I know its a A340.. lol... but backlights are all the same.

• Upvote 1

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

One small detail i noticed... the autopilot buttons backlight seems too red for me... maybe its because of beeing a alpha version...

I hope the systems are enough to get some joy even being a more hardcore simmer.

Regards

noooooooooo!!! the red lights of the autopilot loooks sooooooooooooo good in my opinion. dont change them, they are beautiful

• Upvote 2

I only found out about this product on Monday and after reading both threads, I have to say this sounds just what I am looking for to tempt me back into re-installing FSX. I found the PMDG 737 series on FS2004 took to long to set up and was rather complicated for a casual simmer like myself trying to get into flying passenger jets, while the default aircraft were just a bit to simple for my needs. What I have seen so far seems to me just right for my needs and ability so my question is this. How will this perform on an Intel i7 920 running at stock speed under windows XP and using 3 gigs ram and an ATI 4870 with 2 gig memory? I havent tried FSX on this machine yet as there just wasnt an aircraft that I wanted to learn untill I found out about this one so will it run with reasonable settings on my rig?

I only found out about this product on Monday and after reading both threads, I have to say this sounds just what I am looking for to tempt me back into re-installing FSX. I found the PMDG 737 series on FS2004 took to long to set up and was rather complicated for a casual simmer like myself trying to get into flying passenger jets, while the default aircraft were just a bit to simple for my needs. What I have seen so far seems to me just right for my needs and ability so my question is this. How will this perform on an Intel i7 920 running at stock speed under windows XP and using 3 gigs ram and an ATI 4870 with 2 gig memory? I havent tried FSX on this machine yet as there just wasnt an aircraft that I wanted to learn untill I found out about this one so will it run with reasonable settings on my rig?

I'm the developer of this A-321's Primary Flight Display and Navigation Display, and have PC specs pretty close to yours Stewart. (I have Vista though, and your graphics card has more memory.) I've flown the most recent alpha versions of this A-321 around in the same way that I fly all of my other heavy jets around, and the frame impact with ours seems minimal. Now, if you start throwing hundreds of icons w/ info onto the Nav Display, from 320NM out, yes, naturally there's more slowdown. But I think that overall, because of the "efficient complexity" of this project, performance is good.

A340Night.jpg

Regards

Yeah, the red color on the autopilot (FCU) panel is definitly not final!

This is the alpha version and i normally not glad to see it posted publicly, but you folks wanted to know whats going on.

You will not be able to pick SIDs and STARs, that is way beyond the level of customer we got in mind for this.

So with a solid Database I see no Problem to add the waypoints from the Charts for the SID and STARs. What about a simple (for the Beginners :rolleyes: ) Runway Extension Point?

Greets

Stefan

• Aerosoft

Mathjas the Exterior Model is Nice,but how many buttons will clickable you think in the Aerosoft X product.and if more than 63 buttons are clickable and work in the Aerosoft X in the overhead panel i buy it(63 buttons are clickable and work in the overhead of wilco).And my question that never gonna answered wil it have Turkish Airlines Livery????

I got no idea how many buttons are clickable, lol. If that's how we judge products these days...

However as in all our other internal developments we do not add a lot of working buttons for things that have no function. So you can't set the temperature of the passenger cabin.

No idea on Turkish Airline, it is unfortunately a very minor market, we fear a lot of that has to do with the rampant piracy in Turkey.

• Upvote 1

I'm the developer of this A-321's Primary Flight Display and Navigation Display, and have PC specs pretty close to yours Stewart. (I have Vista though, and your graphics card has more memory.) I've flown the most recent alpha versions of this A-321 around in the same way that I fly all of my other heavy jets around, and the frame impact with ours seems minimal. Now, if you start throwing hundreds of icons w/ info onto the Nav Display, from 320NM out, yes, naturally there's more slowdown. But I think that overall, because of the "efficient complexity" of this project, performance is good.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Saprintz. This all sounds very encouraging as I do believe that XP will give better FPS than Vista. I think it's time for me to dust off my copy of FSX and Acceleration and get back into the skies!