Aerosoft Airbus X

• Aerosoft

The project is clearly positioned between the default Airbus and the far more complex (and more expensive) models from other development teams. Like the real Airbus usability and transparent, easy to use systems were the main focus, all packaged is some of the best modeling ever shown in an FSX addon. As it is easy on framerates and not overly complex, it is ideal for online flights where workload can be high.

• FSX only (no FS2004 version possible)
  • Very high end modeling and texturing (we think it is the most detailed airliner to date)
  • As much as possible default FSX functions so external products and hardware can use it
  • A320 and A321 models, 8 liveries (for sure Air Berlin, Air France, Alitalia, Iberia etc, many more available as free downloads)
  • CFM and IAE engines (though the flight model and displays are based on the CFM)
  • Highly detailed VC with extended animations and sounds
  • Full FSX external sound set (sound cones etc)
  • Easy on FPS
  • Full animation of all doors and flight surfaces
  • External objects like chocks, traffic cones, GPSU (all compatible with AES of course)
  • Possible to save the state of EVERY system in the aircraft, not just the default systems (over 400 items saved!)
  • Fully support FSX failure, time acceleration modes and shared cockpit.
  • Highly extensive, innovative lighting system (really lights up the scenery, so you can taxi in the dark)
  • Very advanced paint kit
  • Extended manuals with step by step guide
  • Special support forum
  • Release March 2010 in download, few weeks later for the box
  • Expected price around 32 Euro plus VAT when applicable.
    We are not yet giving a full list of features for the systems as we don't know all of it at this moment. But let me give out some things.
    The systems are modeled in such a way that the full experience of flying a highly automated aircraft is achievable for pilots with limited time or experience.

• PFD and ND are very realistic (most likely not with terrain display as that kills FPS like little else and no weather radar as it is never realistic)
    • Full TCAS system included
    • Engine display is very realistic (CFM engine simulated)
    • Systems display is near perfectly simulated within normal operation
    • Everything on the glareshield is solidly simulated
    • FADEC and FBW systems are better then we expected, rather good actually (so you won't be using the throttle a lot)
    • All normal Flight Control Laws are used and will prevent any out of control flight (High AOA Protection, Load Factor Limitation, Pitch Attitude Protection, High Speed Protection, Flight Augmentation (Yaw), Bank Angle Protection)
    • Engines are very realistic (apart from the nagging fuel burn issues when you fly at very low or very high cost settings, we don't care a lot actually about that)
    • GPWS is very good
    • Startup from a fully cold aircraft fully realistic

So this leaves you with an aircraft that is totally flyable. Pretty high end all over and looking extremely good. The FMGS is simplified in this version (we might do a more complex version later if there is demand for that). Apart from the pages that are more or less faked because it is a simulation (like startup pages, IRS etc) you will have

[*]Fully updatable nav database[*]Full option to do the flight planning (airport, runway, waypoints, cruise altitude) and the option to change these things in flight[*]Radio page[*]Aircraft page[*]Selected Nav page[*]Lateral Flight planning (allowing to enter flight plan, airport, runways, waypoints, cruise alt, SIDs & STARs not used)[*]Simplified Performance page[*]Simplified vertical navigation

It is likely this project will be extended to a more complex version (in systems) summer 2010. The extended version will include more complex versions of the systems we left out of this product that has ease of use as it's main goal. We can not give any details on this extended version at this moment.

• Upvote 10

• Aerosoft

Gentlemen, myladies,

I closed the previous topic as it was very long and rather polluted with posts that had little to do with the project. I kindly request you not to posts to many 'looks great', 'can you posts more screenshots' etc messages. I would like to keep this rather short and on topic if possible.

• Upvote 4

Fully updatable nav database

I guess so, I see this changed and now it's a sure buy for me ! Great work the model looks excellent and the VC is great as well !

Congrats on your work and good luck with the polishing ;)

One little question will there be a 2D pop up of the FMS ? I like to put that on my tactile screen... Crossing fingers ;)

• Aerosoft

I don't know if it was asked before but, will this bus have airac support from navigraph?

We will use the default (no specific) format from Navigraph. So you will just be able to copy the new database without any fuss. No special formats.

We expect a small minority of users will actually update, but we did not want to make it impossible.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

One little question will there be a 2D pop up of the FMS ? I like to put that on my tactile screen... Crossing fingers ;)

If you do not expect the full graphics of the bezel etc I think that can be done. We got it now as test. Might be we'll not include that in the build but we can help you edit the panel file for that.

Thank you sir for your answer!

Looking forward to crash this amazing bird!

Cheers!

Miguel Santos

We will use the default (no specific) format from Navigraph. So you will just be able to copy the new database without any fuss. No special formats.

We expect a small minority of users will actually update, but we did not want to make it impossible.

WOW, this is looking fantastic! ^_^ Mathijs, could we get a video of the Airbus in VC view lining up with the runway and going through a standard takeoff? Would love to hear how real it sounds to the real thing!

I really can't wait, wow,

James W.

• Aerosoft

I'm not sure if it has been asked but are the interior lights multi-staged? And is it possible to change the colour of the FCU numbers?

No and no. Nice feature for sure but one of those things a customer does one time (full sunlight or a moonless night does not change the readability of part of the screen in FS after all, right?) and never again. If you allow me to say so, it's something that looks good on a feature list, but having seen hundreds of customers over the years using our products these things are simply not used.

Dear Mathijs! The external parameters I think this will be the best airbus, but I'm sure that many like me will be happy to get a more advanced fms, since there was already a default airbus for children who can arrange to vote for a more advanced system? Or make additions later ...

Sincerely Kirill!

• Aerosoft

Dear Mathijs! The external parameters I think this will be the best airbus, but I'm sure that many like me will be happy to get a more advanced fms, since there was already a default airbus for children who can arrange to vote for a more advanced system? Or make additions later ...

Sincerely Kirill!

Well why don't you load the default Airbus and start to compare what I posted and what that one has to offer? Might save you buying this one, though I am sure you'll soon see the fault in your logic. Now we are considering a more advanced FMCS (no FMS in an Airbus as it does a lot more then in a Boeing) but the commercial market for those things is very small. We'll see, nothing planned right now.

You can always look at the Airsimmers bus. They do go very deep into the systems and while things are still a lot in the air, they also say they will make a version for FSX.

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

It's looking brilliant.

This might have been axked before but will all the lights be 3D lights or just the landing lights?

Some shots of the external model

Why is the alpha channel white and not gray values used?

If that is due to the choice of the transparent windows that should only hold for FS9

in FSX that's not a problem anymore ;-)

VC is stunning stuff :-)

Cheers,

André

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

It's looking brilliant.

This might have been axked before but will all the lights be 3D lights or just the landing lights?

Define 3d lights please? Do we have the lights modeled in 3d, sure.

You mean landing lights that light up objects (like only one other addon does as far as we know), sure! Most other lights will be effects like in all other addons. Not a lot you can do there.

• Aerosoft

Nice but have the feeling of going back to FS2002 lol no alpha channel?

Not sure we understand what you mean. You see no glass in the windows? I see them. Of course we use alpha channel.

As always transparencies are highly depending on the GPU and drivers but I see them.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your quick answer sir. One last for today, at the current Beta Version, how well does this plane fly an hold?

Edit: Forgot to ask another one. Back to Wilco, when performing an auto-land it touchdown like a brick lol, how smooth is Aerosoft one?

Cheers!

Miguel Santos

a bit, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

• Aerosoft

Thanks for your quick answer sir. One last one for today, at the current Beta Version, how well does this plane fly an hold?

You give it side stick until you get the bank angle you want. Let go off the stick and it stays in that bank, 100% stable.

When you want to end the turn, side stick to the other side until you get zero bank and let go of the stick, 100% stable.

We do not have the FMGS fly holdings, HUGELY complex stuff as you got to handle and entrees etc. Perhaps in the more advanced version.

Not sure we understand what you mean. You see no glass in the windows? I see them. Of course we use alpha channel.

As always transparencies are highly depending on the GPU and drivers but I see them.

The window reflections look great and not too imposing (like the defaults) One thing I'm interested to know is how this Bus taxi's? Most Jet aircraft I find hard to keep rolling without moving the thrust every minute, I may be wrong and this is documented in FSX itself, but a little thrust and then back to idle should keep things rolling, does this Bus taxi well?